• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Frustrated with Flyer Creation: What to Do Now?

In summary, the flyer for the sale that the author created took her a long time to put together and when she tried to attach it to an email it said it was in use by another app or corrupted. She is now worried that she will not be able to send the flyer out in time.
princessmeshelle
! It took me FOREVER to put together my flyer for my sale. couldn't find one on here I liked and fit what kind of special i was running. so i FINALLY got it together, after much headache and many interruptions (i have a baby & toddler and hubby is away)... i go to attatch it it my email, but decided to check and make sure it opened and had saved some change i had made. Well, it is a good thing i did! the stupid thing won't open now! says it may be in use by another app or corrupted! now what? :mad: :grumpy: i need to get this thing sent 2 days ago! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
ok, rant over..
any suggestions?

i always tell people to restart their computer then try it again... this is something I say no matter what the problem is. A lot of the times its a simple fix like that.

you know, i didn't think of that. unfortunately, it didn't help. it still coming up corrupted or whatever. i guess i'm gonna have to type it up again... :grumpy:

:( sounds like it, sorry to hear that... I get so frustrated with word at work, I fight with it constantly!

you know, i use to love word. until i had to put this together. i thought you could insert a pic and move it around to place where ever you want reguardless of where you are typing and this new version won't let me. i have to have it on a line and i can't type more than one line next to it. i remember being able to click it and move it around and being able to use a smaller font size to fit multiple lines nest to one image. i could really hurt MS word right now. :grumpy: i guess the upside is i finally figured out how to change font color on friday. it only took me a week. :rolleyes: can you tell i haven't needed to use it since like, high school!

princessmeshelle said:
you know, i use to love word. until i had to put this together. i thought you could insert a pic and move it around to place where ever you want reguardless of where you are typing and this new version won't let me. i have to have it on a line and i can't type more than one line next to it. i remember being able to click it and move it around and being able to use a smaller font size to fit multiple lines nest to one image. i could really hurt MS word right now. :grumpy: i guess the upside is i finally figured out how to change font color on friday. it only took me a week. :rolleyes: can you tell i haven't needed to use it since like, high school!

Do you have the newest version of word? I agree it takes a bit to get used to.

Did you put your picture in a text box?

Also if you are sending this to others they may not be able to open it. Make sure it is not saved as a docx save it as a word 03 file

Also try to do a search for the file... sometimes you can recover it to a viewable format.

etteluap70PC said:
Do you have the newest version of word? I agree it takes a bit to get used to.

Did you put your picture in a text box?
i don't know.. i just clicked inset clip art and chose the add your own pic option.

Also if you are sending this to others they may not be able to open it. Make sure it is not saved as a docx save it as a word 03 file
i just hit file save, so how do i know how it saved it?

Also try to do a search for the file... sometimes you can recover it to a viewable format.

reply in red

etteluap70PC said:

WOW! did not know you could do that! just tried it and opened my file no problem! of course i learn this 2 minutes AFTER i sent out the new version i typed up!! :rolleyes:

they say you learn something new everyday, thanks for teaching me that trick! :D

I'm glad you got it sent out!

I work with the new version at work, I love it and hate it... I love how things are simplistic and out there, but at the same time, I can't remember where out there is! I'm saving my pennies up to get the new version at home. Right now I don't even have word, just a free program that will read microsoft documents, but this program wont let me do labels or anything fancy, and it doesnt have the insert feature for adding pics and stuff... I do all of my flyers and stuff at work, then email them home for printing. Sometimes when we are really slow in the office i recruit a co-worker to work on it for me LOL!

For pics, you can double click on it and then choose position as "in front of text" or something like that and you'll be able to move it wherever you want.

Related to Frustrated with Flyer Creation: What to Do Now?

1. How can I create a flyer that stands out?

In order to create a flyer that stands out, it's important to have a clear message and eye-catching design. Use high-quality images, bold fonts, and vibrant colors to grab the reader's attention. Also, consider incorporating unique shapes or layouts to make your flyer stand out from others.

2. What should I include on my flyer?

When creating a flyer, it's important to include essential information such as the event or promotion details, date and time, location, and contact information. Additionally, make sure to include a call to action to encourage readers to take action.

3. How can I make my flyer more visually appealing?

To make your flyer more visually appealing, try using a combination of images and text. Use high-quality photos or graphics that are relevant to your message and avoid cluttering the flyer with too much text. Utilize white space to balance the design and make it easier for readers to navigate.

4. What should I do if I'm not creative?

If you're not confident in your design skills, consider using a template or hiring a professional designer to create your flyer. You can also gather inspiration from other flyers or marketing materials to help guide your design.

5. Where can I print my flyers?

There are various places where you can print your flyers, such as local print shops, online printing services, or even your own printer at home. Consider the quantity, quality, and budget when deciding where to print your flyers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies