• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Signed up for Facebook Last Night....now What?:Confused:what Do

In summary, Facebook is a site where you can connect with people from your past and present. You can also search for people based on their school and year of graduation. You can add people as friends and communicate with them through messages. It can be hard to keep up with all the application requests, but Facebook is a way for people to communicate and connect.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
I signed up for Facebook last night....now what?:confused:

What do you do with it? How do you connect to people from High School. I don't even know if I would know their names. I felt like I was missing out so I joined. Looking at the site, I almost get a headache. What does it all mean? Is there a tutorial?! HELP!!:cry:

Oh boy - be ready to be addicted. You can do that email search to start off just by searching for anyone who is on Facebook who is also in your email address book. It's the easiest way to start to connect with people. If I'm in your address book ([email protected]) you'll see that I'll show up. Then you have to invite any of those people that show up on your list to be your "friend" and they have to "accept" you. It's FUN!!!

You can also search for people based on the school and year of graduation.You can add [email protected]. You'll find me in the list of Becky's friends too.

I'm on there, too! :)

me too!!!!! :)

I think I'm on there too. :confused: I was invited and responded and filled something out - it said I had to join to accept. I've never gone back to look. :confused:

I'm there too :)

Okay, I have all of you guys as friends now. I know I can't post that I'm a PC Consultant, but I see that one of my friends has said it. Will I get in trouble? I can't control what other people say. How does that work?

It's hard to say exactly what is "legal" these days. Facebook is different from MySpace in my opinion because not anyone can go look at your page. You have to approve people, so mostly like you're approving friends and family. I don't know-to me it's kind of like email and how we're allowed to put our website in our email signatures. I've had people who are friends and also customers also mention PC on my "wall" and there's not much you can do. I don't say the words "Pampered Chef" in my work profile so that's within the guidelines. It's a bit of a gray area with this stuff, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Unfortunately my sister is doing a HUGE catalog show for me in December and wanted to put it on her FB page, but I told her she couldn't. I said she could mention it, but that people would need to PM her for the website and info. There's away to send PMs to every "friend" so I suppose that's legal because it's like sending an email, but I didn't want to get in trouble if she put stuff on her "wall" so I said she shouldn't.

I wouldn't worry too much if you're friends have mentioned it. The more messages you get on your "wall" the farther it moves down the list and it won't be visible anymore. And we all talk back and forth to each other about our shows and accomplishments, which I think is fun! I wouldn't want to have that go away.

I had a catalog host broadcast it on her FB page. I don't know how we can control other people. FB is a way lots of people communicate, you know?

There is even a PC group on Facebook!!!! A few I think...

I am on there too!

Except it is really hard to keep up with all the application requests! I have to ignore a bunch of them.

You're right there's no way to control other people. I feel as long as we're not blatantly advertising, it should be fine. And if the Home Office isn't "friends" with us or with hosts who broadcast things on their pages, they really wouldn't see it anyway. I don't think this kind of presence on the internet is a big deal.

One of these days, the HO is going to have to modify their policies about internet stuff. I understand the need to regulate it, but I would think eventually something will need to change.

I"m on there as well but haven't been on in awhile. I'll sign on tomorrow if I have time!

Related to I Signed up for Facebook Last Night....now What?:Confused:what Do

1. What is the purpose of Facebook?

Facebook is a social networking platform that allows you to connect with friends, family, and acquaintances. It also provides a space for businesses and organizations to promote their products and services.

2. How do I find and add friends on Facebook?

You can search for people you know by typing their name, email, or phone number into the search bar at the top of the page. You can also click on the "Find Friends" button and connect with people from your email or phone contacts.

3. How do I customize my privacy settings?

To customize your privacy settings, click on the "Settings" button at the top right corner of the page. From there, you can manage who can see your posts and personal information, as well as block or unfriend people.

4. Can I use Facebook for business purposes?

Yes, Facebook offers tools for businesses to create a page, advertise their products or services, and engage with customers. You can also join groups and communities related to your industry to network and promote your brand.

5. How do I report inappropriate content or behavior on Facebook?

If you come across any content or behavior on Facebook that violates their Community Standards, you can report it by clicking on the ellipsis (...) icon on the post or profile and selecting "Report." You can also block or unfollow the person to stop seeing their content.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • urbnk8