• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Signing up for Facebook Right Now

In summary, Facebook is asking if you want to allow it to look at your email addresses, which would give you updates about your business through the FB page. You have the option to allow or not allow FB access to your address book.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
and first they had a list of people that I might want to friend (or something). This was a list of people who I recognized their names (all but one). Does this mean they've looked to see if I was on Facebook?

Okay, now it wants to look at my email addresses. I have over 700 addresses (most are past customers). Should I let Facebook access this info? Will I then have to sort through all those folks (at least the ones who are on Facebook)?

I'm really not sure what the appropriate business move is. . ..

Anyone? Thoughts? Concerns?

The people brought up are probably from your area in which you've entered.

Why wouldn't you want to allow it to look at your address book if they are your customers? It makes it easier to find them so you can add them and give them your updates through FB

Kenzie09 said:
Why wouldn't you want to allow it to look at your address book if they are your customers? It makes it easier to find them so you can add them and give them your updates through FB

I guess in part because this is all very new to me. I've been a Consultant for a long time. If I've got a contact that is 8+ years old, should I be contacting them on Facebook?

If I skip this step now (looking through my email address book), do you think it will give me this option later?

I, personally, don't let allow FB to 'look' through my e-mail addresses. I understand it's to make things easier for me, but you have to enter your password, and I just don't feel it's preserving my contacts' rights.As for the people "you might know" I think it is the people in your area, as Kenzie said, but also anyone connected to Pampered Chef, or anything other interests or organizations with which you've listed an association. They didn't necessarily look for you on Facebook.That said, please feel free to friend me! Sarah Cutler Rodriguez.

pampchefsarah said:
I, personally, don't let allow FB to 'look' through my e-mail addresses. I understand it's to make things easier for me, but you have to enter your password, and I just don't feel it's preserving my contacts' rights.

As for the people "you might know" I think it is the people in your area, as Kenzie said, but also anyone connected to Pampered Chef, or anything other interests or organizations with which you've listed an association. They didn't necessarily look for you on Facebook.

That said, please feel free to friend me! Sarah Cutler Rodriguez.

The spooky part is that all I did was put in my contact information (the first thing you come to) and this page of people popped up. I haven't developed a profile yet. Just put in my name, email address, b-day.

pampchefsarah said:
That said, please feel free to friend me! Sarah Cutler Rodriguez.

Thank you. That's sweet. I will if I can figure this out.

FB states that it does not store your password when you go through the option, it just pulls the email data, then compares that to its own database of FB users, thus presenting you with a list of people you might add as friends. You get to pick and choose who you want to add. Next, it will present you with a list of those it did not find on FB based on the email, and offer you the option of sending those people an invitation to join FB.

You'll be able to do this again at any time you wish. Whether you want to add those contacts to your FB really depends on what you'll be using FB for. If you are just going to be using it for your PC communications, I'd say go ahead and add them all. They can ignore your request if they want to. I think you might even have the option to put in a message to these contacts where you can say "I've just set up a FB profile to more easily communicate to you about my PC business" or something to that effect.

chefjeanine said:
The spooky part is that all I did was put in my contact information (the first thing you come to) and this page of people popped up. I haven't developed a profile yet. Just put in my name, email address, b-day.

It's probably people who have searched for you in the past, or maybe sent you an invitation to join.

You'll get more friend suggestions as you go, based on "Friends of Friends."

Put in as much info as you feel comfortable with. I don't allow facebook access to my e-mail addresses either. They have had so many security and privacy issues, I stay away from that. If people are on facebook, I tell them through my e-mail to add me as a friend rather than through facebook. I just don't want to have anyone's info compromised from my profile.

I have never let Facebook go through my email. For people I want to be friend's with I looked for them.

Thanks everyone for the information.I'm trying to find a picture to add. . .I'm known as the "Amish Vampire" and try to never appear in photos. If you happen to find my profile, I am wearing a Santa hat.

1. What information do I need to sign up for Facebook?

To sign up for Facebook, you will need to provide your first and last name, email address or phone number, date of birth, and a password. You will also be asked to select a gender and upload a profile picture.

2. Can I create a Facebook account without using my real name?

No, Facebook requires users to use their real names on their profiles. This helps to create a more authentic and trustworthy community.

3. Do I need to have a personal email address to sign up for Facebook?

No, you can also sign up for Facebook using your phone number. However, it is recommended to use an email address as it allows for easier account recovery and communication with other users.

4. Is it safe to sign up for Facebook?

Yes, Facebook has strict security measures in place to protect the personal information of its users. However, it is important to practice caution and protect your account by using a strong password and adjusting your privacy settings.

5. Can I change my information after signing up for Facebook?

Yes, you can update your personal information, such as your name, email address, and profile picture, at any time in your account settings. You can also adjust your privacy settings and choose who can see your information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • esavvymom