1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help - having a open house/show for appartment complex

1. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

On my way home today I stopped at the office of my appartment complex expecting to pick up my Merrill order. I had forgot that 2 of my show orders were being delivered today as well. So, when I picked up my boxes several people in the office made a comment about the large pampered chef boxes and what was in them. The manager asked if I had a show or if I was selling it. I told her I was brand new and that I was now selling it. She asked if I would do a show or demo or something for the complex next month. Of course I said yes! She said she would call me next week to set up a date and time and ask what I wanted to do. She said if I wanted to make stuff up ahead of time I could use the office on a week night or if I wanted to do a cooking demo I could use any empty appartment and they would set up chairs for me.

I'm thinking precooked stuff would be great at the office. HERE is where I need YOUR HELP. What would I call this?? And does anyone have any ideas on where to start for wording on flyers. Maybe I could order post cards from vista print and pass them out to anyone I see and even post some on doors. Its a pretty big complex - 3 stories and 7 buildings. I know there are also tons of dogs (the only people I know I've meet by walking the dog) so maybe I could put something about home made dog treats?? I just started in August and I didn't have an open house so any tips or ideas would be GREAT! Thanks!! :D

Sep 23, 2009
  2. ChefGwendolyn

ChefGwendolyn Member Gold Member

Cory-
    When I did my demo at my complex (2 stories, 17 buildings) I made up 1/2 sheets of paper, attached the paper to rubberbands and then placed on each door knob. We did that 10 days before. The manager then sent a recorded phone call to each resident reminding them about the event the day before. I think it worked okay, but I wish that I would have physically knocked on the doors myself to invite people. Of course, you have a dog which I did not so you have the advantage of meeting people everyday.

I did mine in our clubhouse which has a small kitchen, so I did a DCB recipe ahead of time and then did the Turtle Pretzel Candies as a demo.

I hope this helps!

Attached Files:

Sep 23, 2009
  3. PamperedSD

PamperedSD Member

Thanks for the recipe and tips. I like the Kick off to Fall idea and the dip ideas you posted today. Thank you! Did you offer any type of raffle or discount to people?

Sep 24, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Have the office print up something with their letterhead & hang it on all the mailbox clusters in the neighborhood announcing that it's going to happen on ____ date.

The apartment we used to live in had a deal with the local Pizza Hut. PH would bring already made pizza's to the main entrance & sell them for dirt cheap. The way that the buildings were designed, all 8 apartments in each building had to pass the bottom of the stairwell to get to their door. The management would have a staff member walk around & hang a flyer on the end of every building's stairwell around 2PM reminding everyone that it was going on from 6-8 that night. That way, as each person came home from work, they saw the flyer. Apparently, they had a good response, as they kept it up for a VERY long time! LOL

I'd plan to prepare in advance and expect it to be more of a "drop in, check it out & then leave" event. If you try to do a demo, you'll (more than likely) be dealing with people coming in late & disrupting the demo and/or asking questions that you've already answered for the group. ;)

Sep 24, 2009
Have something to add?