• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need More Dessert Recipes for DCB

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding dessert recipes for the DCB. The options mentioned included Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler, Chocolate Lava Cake, and a Banana Split Cake recipe. Modifications for the chocolate lava cake were also discussed, as well as alternative ways to make a microwave cake in the DCB. Participants were interested in trying the Cranberry Cookie Cobbler and were still searching for the banana split cake recipe.
c00p
Gold Member
I've gone through a LOT, did I say a lot of files and old threads this am and I'm not finding very many dessert recipes for the DCB. Someone mentioned a banana split cake in one thread, but I couldn't find that recipe anywhere. I've got the Quick Apple Crisp, Caramel Apple Bread Pudding, and Easy Peach Cobbler - but that's it. Surely there are more dessert recipes out there somewhere!!! Can anyone please, please, please assist??? I would be forever grateful!!

You can make Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler in it, too.1 16oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 18oz package refrigerated sugar cookie doughPlace the cookie dough in the freezer for easier slicing. Heat the oven to 400˚F. Combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in the Classic Batter Bowl. Mix well using the Mix ‘N Scraper®. Peel, core and slice the apples using the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut the apples in half using the Utility Knife. Add to the Batter Bowl, tossing to mix. Spread evenly in the Rectangular Baker. Slice the cookie dough into ¼-inch thick slices using the Crinkle Cutter. Arrange evenly over the cranberry mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the top is golden brown.The directions state Rectangular Baker, but you can make it in the DCB. It'll just end up a little thicker, since there's not as much room to spread out.

I know a consultant who is doing the chocolate lava cake in the DCB. She says you don't dare dump it out; you scoop out the servings instead. She is having lots of success with it. I'll see if I can reach her and ask what, if any, modifications she makes to the recipe.

Leggy, she doesn't make any modifications. I've done and seen this recipe done before. It is good, like a lava cake.

Here it is for anyone who needs it:

- Regular choc cake from mix. Make it as the directions state.
- Scoop 1 can of choc frosting into batter.
- Microwave for 9 min.
- Serve by scooping onto plates (bowls are better)

MMM that sounds really good. I'll have to try that. I usually do the microwave cake in the rice cooker but that's better for a bigger crowd.

I never thought about doing the micro cake in the DCB - guess that would work! I typically do it in the fluted pan...for the dramatic presentation. Thanks Ann for the other new recipe!!! Any more anyone???

Bumping.......

These both sound yummy! I may do the Cranberry one for my Cluster Christmas party on Saturday...it will be different!

any one has the banana split cake recipe? I would like to try it!!

Bumping again - banana split cake recipe for the DCB anyone??? I looked in the recipe file - but I'm not find it.

1. What are some easy dessert recipes I can make with my DCB?

There are many simple and delicious dessert recipes you can make with your DCB! Some popular options include brownies, cobblers, cakes, and even cheesecake. You can also use your DCB to bake individual servings of desserts like chocolate lava cakes or apple crisp.

2. Can I use my DCB to make no-bake desserts?

Yes, you can definitely use your DCB to make no-bake desserts! Some ideas include chilled desserts like no-bake cheesecake or icebox cake. You can also use the DCB to make no-bake treats like fudge or energy balls.

3. Can I use my DCB for savory dishes as well?

While the DCB is primarily designed for baking desserts, you can also use it for savory dishes. Some popular options include casseroles, quiches, and even roasted vegetables. Just be sure to thoroughly clean your DCB before and after using it for savory dishes.

4. What is the best way to clean my DCB?

The best way to clean your DCB is to first let it cool completely, then use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth and warm soapy water. For tough stains, you can also use a paste of baking soda and water. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners on your DCB, as they can cause damage.

5. Can I use my DCB in the microwave or on the stovetop?

No, the DCB is not safe for use in the microwave or on the stovetop. It is specifically designed for use in the oven. Using it in other heating methods may cause damage to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilchrist_pchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mary Ann
  • KristyH
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedhicks
  • PamperedSD