• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious DCB Dessert Recipes for Saturday Show

made it a little too moist. I would suggest cooking it a bit longer so it isn't so gooey. Have you ever had that happen?Mine has never been gooey at all. I have made it 8 times with several different varities. Micro temps vary so maybe yours needed to stay in longer?
KristyH
Are there dessert recipes for the DCB? I want to do one at my show Saturday if so. I know there is a bread pudding one, but host isn't really into bread pudding! I did a search but didn't come up with much. I could always end up doing a micro cake in the fluted stone, but I'd really like to use the DCB!! Thanks, ladies!!

Tere's an apple crisp recipe that has been shared recently. Type that in the search field, and it should bring up those threads that discussed it.

you could also do a chocolate lava cake in it.

Becky0216 said:
you could also do a chocolate lava cake in it.

Mmm...recipe?

This is my November demo 3 ingrediants+ ice cream if you want it and very little tools needed :)

Deep Covered Baker Easy Dump Cake

2 cans of PIE filling ( any flavor you like)
1 box Duncan Hines Cake Mix
1 Stick butter or margarine
Combos:
Apple pie filling+ yellow cake
Apple pie filling+ spice cake
Peach pie filling+ yellow cake
Cherry pie filling+ chocolate cake ( my personal FAVORITE )
Etc…. you get the idea

Put pie filling in bottom of DCB, then dry cake mix on top and even out, pour melted butter on top ( I melt my butter in my micro-cooker). All of your mix will not be wet.
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes, then keep covered for 5 more minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 minutes and my clock timer for 8 minutes. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
You can sprinkle the Pampered Chef Cinnamon or Caramel Sprinkles on for flavor too :)

This is super easy and super yummy!!!

Enjoy:)

Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes, then keep covered for 5 more minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 minutes and my clock timer for 8 minutes.

When you "mix slightly", are you mixing the cake mix into the pie filling?

Molten Lava Cake
1 cake mix plus ingredients to make the batter
1 container of frosting

Mix cake as box directs. Put batter in DCB. Using medium scoop, scoop 10-12 scoops of frosting on top of the cake. DO NOT MIX IT IN! Just leave it as is and NO LID. Bake in microwave for 10-12 minutes. Most microwaves take only 10 minutes. But, you'll know it is done when the cake looks lik a done cake. The frosting sinks to the bottom. To serve, scoop out with large spoon and add a scoop of ice cream next to it!

gailz2 said:
Cover and microwave for 10 minutes, then mix slightly, cover and microwave another 3 minutes, then keep covered for 5 more minutes and let sit. I set the microwave for 3 minutes and my clock timer for 8 minutes.

When you "mix slightly", are you mixing the cake mix into the pie filling?

no, not really. I just slightly mix up the cake so it all cooks evenly.
Hope that helps :) It is really good :):thumbup:

Last edited:
These ideas are great! Thanks ladies!!

I had the ingredients on hand for the dump cake...question...mine seemed to still be really gooey. Is it supposed to be that way? I wonder if I should've cooked it a little longer. Have you ever had that happen? I want to make sure I have it right before I do it at a show!

The molten lava cake sounds good, too! And the apple crisp! I'll have to try them all!!! Keep the ideas coming!!

KristyH said:
These ideas are great! Thanks ladies!!

I had the ingredients on hand for the dump cake...question...mine seemed to still be really gooey. Is it supposed to be that way? I wonder if I should've cooked it a little longer. Have you ever had that happen? I want to make sure I have it right before I do it at a show!

The molten lava cake sounds good, too! And the apple crisp! I'll have to try them all!!! Keep the ideas coming!!

mine has never been gooey at all. I have made it 8 times with several different varities. Micro temps vary so maybe yours needed to stay in longer?
My aunt had her power level on low once when trying it, so you might want to chek that, let me know :)

I will have to try it again. I will cook it longer next time. Or maybe put my microwave on High. But I should probably try cooking it longer first.

I was on the impression that you would cook this dump cake on high--am I right?

pamperedharriet said:
I was on the impression that you would cook this dump cake on high--am I right?

Yes, microwave does need to be on high.
My aunt still deosn't know how to work hr new microwave so the 30 minute chikcen turned into the 90 minute chicken disaster as did the 18 minute dumpcake turned into the 60 minute disaster~ ha ha we laugh about it!!

Thanks, Meredith! I just wanted to make sure all of us were on the same page for this.

OH!! Well, that makes sense, then! My microwave wasn't on High when I made the dump cake! So, do all recipes made in the micro in the DCB need to be on High??

KristyH said:
OH!! Well, that makes sense, then! My microwave wasn't on High when I made the dump cake! So, do all recipes made in the micro in the DCB need to be on High??

I'm pretty sure they do.

Becky0216 said:
Molten Lava Cake
1 cake mix plus ingredients to make the batter
1 container of frosting

Mix cake as box directs. Put batter in DCB. Using medium scoop, scoop 10-12 scoops of frosting on top of the cake. DO NOT MIX IT IN! Just leave it as is and NO LID. Bake in microwave for 10-12 minutes. Most microwaves take only 10 minutes. But, you'll know it is done when the cake looks lik a done cake. The frosting sinks to the bottom. To serve, scoop out with large spoon and add a scoop of ice cream next to it!

I read in the RCP thread that you should only use 1/2 a can of frosting. Is that the case here too? I made (as I posted in another thread) this to try today b/c I'm making it at a show tomorrow, and the "frosting part" after it cooked seemed really runny. I cooked for 12 minutes in my super-strong microwave and left the lid off. The cake part was fine, but the frosting part, I couldn't tell if it was melted frosting or cake batter. Does that make sense? There were two different colors. That's why I'm concerned. I don't know if it was just that some of it melted more than the rest or what. Any help??????

One more thing... When you make this, do you mix it up in the DCB? I read that in the RCP thread also that you mix it in the RCP. I would imagine that would make an unbearable noise whisking in the DCB, no?

Ok. I tried to make the apple filling + spice cake, and it came out all gooey. And yes, it was on high. What am I doing wrong? You could still some dry cake mix. I tried cooking it 4 minutes longer, and it was still quite gooey, less dry cake mix.

Any ideas on where I went wrong? Should I have made this uncovered?

Andrea

avelissar said:
Ok. I tried to make the apple filling + spice cake, and it came out all gooey. And yes, it was on high. What am I doing wrong? You could still some dry cake mix. I tried cooking it 4 minutes longer, and it was still quite gooey, less dry cake mix.

Any ideas on where I went wrong? Should I have made this uncovered?

Andrea

hmmmm... Andrea, I am stumped, I made this again today and mine has never been gooey. It should be covered. I know different microwaves cook differently, but I have done this recipes 10 times now and also done them in other microwaves and have not had a gooey cake, I am stumped:confused::confused::confused: Are you letting it sit covered for 5 minutes after it's done cooking?

I am going to try this tomorrow. I have a French Vanilla cake and cranberry apple filling.

merego said:
hmmmm... Andrea, I am stumped, I made this again today and mine has never been gooey. It should be covered. I know different microwaves cook differently, but I have done this recipes 10 times now and also done them in other microwaves and have not had a gooey cake, I am stumped:confused::confused::confused: Are you letting it sit covered for 5 minutes after it's done cooking?

can it be that you are using different size cans of pie filling... at the store near us there is a small can (like a reg. can of peas) and a larger size (like pumpkin pie mix) ???

I dont have the DCB yet, but my consultant (before I joined) did a peach cobbler for one of my recipes. She used 1 can of peach pie filling, one can of light syrup peaches, and the cake mix and butter. Hers came out gooy too, but I loved the gooyness! I can't wait til I get my DCB so I can try the cherry chocolate one, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!! I can't wait!

I had considered that. Perhaps, I used too much pie filling? The only option for applie pie filling were large cans. I did see small cans for other variations. How large should the cans be? How many ounces?

My microwave is also not wide enough, to allow the dcm turn all the way. It just kinda goes back and forth.

Do you think that may be the problem?

Andrea

I use 2 20oz cans of pie filling. I guess the gooeyness factor will vary on what one thinks is gooey. Mine has never been super gooey but it doesn't come out like a cobbler, it tastes like it but doesn't look like it. I did this for a demo Sat and Sun and sold 12 DCB :) People couldn't get enough of the dessert.

My major issue was that you could still see some dry cake mix. I assume you shouldn't be able to do that.

Has anyone tried out any other combinations?

Andrea

Ok so last night I use 2 cans of cranberry apple filling and a french vanilla cake. I noticed that after the 1st 10 minutes that the cake seemed kind of hard in t he center. I mixed and baked for 3 more minutes. It seemed kind of crusty. Is that how it is to be? It tasted ok, just wasn't that pretty.

I wonder if we put some oats or something for a crumble top on for the last 3 minutes if that would make it look better in the DCB.

My director gave us this recipe:

1 can of pie filling (apple, peach etc)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can sprite (or any lemon lime soda)

Put the pie filling in the bottom of the DCB then sprinkle the dry cake mix on top, pour the can of soda all over and you can dot with butter then bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 - 30 mins.

kncmurray said:
My director gave us this recipe:

1 can of pie filling (apple, peach etc)
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can sprite (or any lemon lime soda)

Put the pie filling in the bottom of the DCB then sprinkle the dry cake mix on top, pour the can of soda all over and you can dot with butter then bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 - 30 mins.

interesting... I am going to try that.

My recipe doesn't look pretty and I tell people that, but it is soooo good and people are licking the sides of my DCB ( not literally)~ ha ha

I am going to try this with Lemon cake and blueberry filling tonight. Will let you know.

1. Are there dessert recipes specifically for the DCB?

Yes, the DCB (Deep Covered Baker) can be used to make a variety of delicious desserts. In fact, there are many dessert recipes specifically designed for the DCB available on various cooking websites and blogs.

2. Can I use the DCB to make a dessert for my Saturday show?

Absolutely! The DCB is a versatile cooking tool that can be used for both savory and sweet dishes. It is perfect for making a dessert for your Saturday show.

3. What if my host doesn't like bread pudding?

No problem! While there are some delicious bread pudding recipes for the DCB, there are also many other dessert recipes that can be made in the DCB. You can search for recipes that best suit your host's preferences.

4. I tried searching for DCB dessert recipes but didn't find much. What should I do?

Sometimes it can be challenging to find specific recipes online, especially if they are not as popular as others. However, you can try searching for alternative keywords or reach out to other consultants or cooking groups for recommendations.

5. Can I make a micro cake in the fluted stone instead of using the DCB?

Yes, you can certainly make a micro cake in the fluted stone. However, using the DCB will give you a different texture and a more evenly cooked cake. Plus, it allows for more space to add toppings or fillings. But ultimately, the choice is yours!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gilchrist_pchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Mary Ann
  • c00p
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
c00p
  • ericadboone