• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Natasha Make Bookings: Struggling With Self Confidence & Phone Calls

I've been going to the stores dressed better, wearing makeup and I feel completely different AND I get the feeling that people are more willing to help me, too. (Just an aside...)I am 51/2 months pregnant and I have had an AWFUL time with nausea and fatigue etc... anyways....moving on. When I started out five months ago I dressed very casual at my shows after I attended conference I decided that when I have a show I need to look professional enough. The one thing that I will never forget that Balenda Ellsworth said was ask yourself when you get dressed in the morning would someone invite me into their house looking the way that I do right now? If you answer no then fix it!!
Tash
Hi Everyone.

Boy it has been a while since I've posted anything. I have been in a real slump as far as Business goes. I am 51/2 months pregnant and I have had an AWFUL time with nausea and fatigue etc... anyways....moving on. In an attempt to get going again I did a fare with another girl on my team and people were very excited to see us. I got a LOT of leads and thought it was just a matter of following up to get bookings.

Hello phona-phobia!!

WELL.... I know I'm doing something wrong, because I have not been able to book a single show so far. I feel really stuck. I managed to call almost all my leads. But I must be doing something wrong, I need to find the "right" way to ask, I just don't know what that way is. On the one hand I don't want to come across as pushy but on the other hand I think I am not bieng assertive enough to get them to see the value in a show.

I have another event this weekend and I am hoping to get more leads and secure some bookings but with my self confidence in the toilet right now I'm affraid I'm throwing away good potential.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks Natasha

Hi, Tash... Welcome back. If I may mention two things from Belinda Ellsworth that help me: Her advice when someone tells you "no". That they are just saying no to a great opportunity or free products... so just chock it up as their loss and move on to someone who does want to take advantage!

And, if someone has checked off that they want more info on an entry slip, they WANT you to call them. If they didn't they wouldn't give you their number. When you call, talk as if you already have the booking... 1) Say Hi, this us Tash... met you yesterday at the fait, I'm with TPC. Rather then "This is Tash with TPC." 2) Start off by asking questions that they will answer "yes" to. Did you have a good time? Isn't that a great event? Build a rapport with them. 3) Then try "The reason I'm calling is I was just going through my paperwork wanted to give you a call to schedule your show. Which day or the week works best for you?"

I never thought of it that way until I listened to her CD's. Which BTW, if you can buy them, its a great investment and you will get a ton of great ideas and words to use. If you can't do a search on this site for Belinda Ellsworth and you can download some good ideas from her.

BTW: Sending good thoughts your way regarding your pregnancy!

Well that just sumes it up miss Anne!! you couldn't have said it better!!! Thanks!!

Agreed, go Anne!!
Also don't forget to smile while you are on the phone with them. Though they can't see it it does make a difference in your tone, etc.

The only thing that I can add that I learned from Balenda Ellsworth as well as other speakers during conference is when your on the phone be dressed likeyou going to work.If you look and feel professional then you will come acrossed as professional.

mommyhugz1978 said:
The only thing that I can add that I learned from Balenda Ellsworth as well as other speakers during conference is when your on the phone be dressed likeyou going to work.If you look and feel professional then you will come acrossed as professional.
I'll tell you what... I've been going to the stores dressed better, wearing makeup and I feel completely different AND I get the feeling that people are more willing to help me, too. (Just an aside...)

Tash said:
I am 51/2 months pregnant and I have had an AWFUL time with nausea and fatigue etc... anyways....moving on.

I haven't been in the business long enough to give you any advice but I DO know how you feel with the nausea...I had an awful pregnancy with nausea, etc. So all I can say is I hope you feel better soon!

When I started out five months ago I dressed very casual at my shows after I attended conference I decided that when I have a show I need to look professional enough. The one thing that I will never forget that Balenda Ellsworth said was ask yourself when you get dressed in the morning would someone invite me into their house looking the way that I do right now? If you answer no then fix it!! So I fixed it and I started looking more professional and my show averages are increasing. Plus I feel good about myself!!

AJPratt said:
I'll tell you what... I've been going to the stores dressed better, wearing makeup and I feel completely different AND I get the feeling that people are more willing to help me, too. (Just an aside...)

ThanksHey again.

Thanks a bunch for all your input. I realize from reading all the posts on this site that calling to get bookings is no easy feat....but I guess with persistance and practice it gets better and I guess I just have to find my "groove" so that what i say sounds natural and not forced.

Also, I totally agree about presentation. I grew up in the fashion business and I am a make-up artist so I learned very early on that first impressions are lasting inpressions.

Thanks again for all your ideas.

Tash: Good luck... happy we could help! It is tough to get going, but once you get on a roll it does get easier!

Good Luck Tash.... I am happy that I could help you out a little bit.

1. How can I build my self-confidence when making phone calls for bookings?

Building self-confidence takes time and practice. One way to start is by setting small goals for yourself and celebrating each time you achieve them. Also, remind yourself of your strengths and accomplishments before making a call. Practicing your script and deep breathing techniques can also help boost your confidence.

2. What are some tips for overcoming the fear of rejection during phone calls for bookings?

Remember that rejection is a part of any job and it is not personal. Keep a positive attitude and focus on the potential successes instead of the fear of rejection. It can also be helpful to have a script or talking points prepared to stay on track during the call and not get discouraged by a rejection.

3. How can I make my phone calls more effective for booking parties?

First, make sure to have a clear and concise script prepared. It's also important to listen to the potential host's needs and tailor your pitch accordingly. Show genuine interest in their needs and offer solutions that align with them. Lastly, follow up with a personalized email or text message to solidify the booking.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when making phone calls for bookings?

One common mistake is not being prepared with a script or talking points, which can make the call seem unprofessional and unorganized. Another mistake is not actively listening to the potential host's needs and not tailoring the pitch accordingly. It's also important to avoid being pushy or aggressive, as this can turn potential hosts off.

5. How can I track my progress and success with making bookings through phone calls?

There are several ways to track your progress and success. You can use a spreadsheet or a tracking app to record the number of calls made, number of parties booked, and conversion rate. You can also ask for feedback from hosts and track the success of their parties. Remember to celebrate your successes and analyze areas for improvement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmyJo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AmyJo
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Dutchess
Replies