• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Round Stone is Peeling - What Should I Do?

In summary, the person's large bar pan is peeling. It appears that the pan is being exposed by flaking off of the stone beneath it.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I had a person come to me at a booth today and said that her Round Stone is peeling. I have never heard of this before. Any ideas?

Is she sure it's ours? Or it's not pizza crust or something stuck on it? There's nothing on it to peel!

Did she not understand that we do wash our stones. . .we just don't use soapy water?!? :yuck:

Sounds like built-up grease or something to me. Stones don't peel. Have her make a paste out of baking soda and a little water and scrub it with a clean kitchen brush.

One of my customers LOVES stones so she bought one for her parents. She explained to them about the rinsing with hot water and not washing with soap. Apparently the only part that registered was to not wash them. About a month after she gave it to them she went to their house and her mom said this thing is seasoned really well. When the daughter saw it she was disgusted. The parents had let food burn onto it! They had never cleaned it!!! Just kept piling stuff on it! From the way she made it sound I'm amazed the stuff never caught on fire in the oven! That's the only thing that I can think of that would peel off. ICK

pampermejolene said:
One of my customers LOVES stones so she bought one for her parents. She explained to them about the rinsing with hot water and not washing with soap. Apparently the only part that registered was to not wash them. About a month after she gave it to them she went to their house and her mom said this thing is seasoned really well. When the daughter saw it she was disgusted. The parents had let food burn onto it! They had never cleaned it!!! Just kept piling stuff on it! From the way she made it sound I'm amazed the stuff never caught on fire in the oven!

That's the only thing that I can think of that would peel off. ICK

ewwwwww. that is just sick!

Peeling??? Never heard of anything even close to that before. Hmmmmmm...

pampermejolene said:
One of my customers LOVES stones so she bought one for her parents. She explained to them about the rinsing with hot water and not washing with soap. Apparently the only part that registered was to not wash them. About a month after she gave it to them she went to their house and her mom said this thing is seasoned really well. When the daughter saw it she was disgusted. The parents had let food burn onto it! They had never cleaned it!!! Just kept piling stuff on it! From the way she made it sound I'm amazed the stuff never caught on fire in the oven!

That's the only thing that I can think of that would peel off. ICK

LOL WHy is it that they only hear, "don't wash". I've seen/heard of several that don't wash them. I had a lady tell me the other day she doesn't do stones because she can't have anything she can't wash. I told you can wash, just not with soap. LOL

I have a friend who has had her stone for many many years and is very very black. The last time I was at her house, she showed me her stone and the areas that were very black are chipping away or flaking off exposing the stone beneath it. You can tell the this flaking is also removing a bit of the stone that the seasoned part is attached to.

Perhaps this is what she meant by "peeling" ?

I just had a customer bring me her BRAND new, never used Deep Dish Pie Plate and it was peeling. There is a spot in the center of the stone which appears white. When I stracthed on it with my finger, the stone started to come off exposing a white looking stone beneath it. I was telling my mother about it just this afternoon and she told me that her pie plate was doing the exact same thing! Needless to say, I am now sending them both back.

DJH said:
I have a friend who has had her stone for many many years and is very very black. The last time I was at her house, she showed me her stone and the areas that were very black are chipping away or flaking off exposing the stone beneath it. You can tell the this flaking is also removing a bit of the stone that the seasoned part is attached to.

Perhaps this is what she meant by "peeling" ?

My large bar pan is doing the same thing. It's the only stone that has done that; I have others that are just as dark but not peeling. I don't take it to shows anymore...

Related to Help! My Round Stone is Peeling - What Should I Do?

1. Why is my round stone peeling?

There could be a few reasons why your round stone is peeling. It could be due to high heat exposure, using metal utensils on the stone, or not properly seasoning the stone before use.

2. Can I still use my round stone if it is peeling?

It is not recommended to use a peeling round stone as it may affect the taste of your food and potentially be a health hazard. It is best to replace the stone if it is peeling.

3. How can I prevent my round stone from peeling?

To prevent peeling, make sure to properly season your round stone before use and avoid using metal utensils on it. Also, make sure to never expose your stone to sudden changes in temperature, such as placing it in a hot oven or running it under cold water.

4. Can I fix the peeling on my round stone?

Unfortunately, you cannot fix the peeling on your round stone. Once it starts to peel, it is best to replace it with a new one.

5. Is the peeling on my round stone covered under warranty?

The peeling on your round stone is not covered under warranty as it is considered normal wear and tear. However, if the peeling occurred due to a defect in the stone, it may be covered under warranty. Please contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • ChefZee
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • smilesarepriceless