• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! My Dad May Have Ruined My Moms Ss Skillet

In summary, the extent of damage to a non-stick skillet will determine if it can still be used. Scratches from metal utensils can be scrubbed off, but deep scratches may require replacement. If the skillet has a strange smell, it may need to be replaced or cleaned thoroughly. Whether a dishwasher-safe skillet can be used after being washed in the dishwasher depends on the type of non-stick coating. To prevent future damage, remind others to use recommended utensils and cleaning methods, and consider getting a separate set of cookware for those who may not be as careful.
gothim0802
So I only have the executive line and my mom loves the SS! So I am not sure what to tell her!

My dad was frying some cube steak and got the oil to hot I guess and it went over some and now the skillet has some discoloring! :cry:Any types on how to correct this and if not do you think it would be covered under warranty?

The stainless cleaner we sell is awesome. I've saved many of my pans (non-PC) with it. It is worth getting some and giving it a try. Maybe you can see if your director or another consultant near you has some.

Use the stainless cleaner or something like Bar Keeper's Friend. It's not ruined, it's the natural way for SS.

She has the PC stainless cleaner and its not working ;(

I would contact HO, it is worth a try to ask if it is covered. Good luck.

Make sure she's using it on a dry pan, not wet. Follow the directions instead of our instincts!

Im gonna call her first thing in the morning!

some "rainbow" discoloration is normal for SS. It just needs to be cleaned. Use the SS cleaner on a DRY pan and DRY cloth or get some Bar Keepers friend (in a gold can) and make a paste of that and scrub scrub scrub.

Black, burn type marks will eventually come out on the SS. It may take some elbow grease and time, but they will come out. Don't panic. I just use one of those scrubby sponges and rub well. It won't come off the first time, but it's ok to continue to use the pan and eventually it will be gone.

1. Can the skillet be salvaged or is it ruined for good?

It depends on the extent of the damage. If it is only minor scratches or discoloration, the skillet can still be used. However, if the damage is extensive, it may not be safe to use and should be replaced.

2. What should I do if my dad used metal utensils on the skillet?

First, try to gently scrub off any visible scratches with a non-abrasive sponge and warm soapy water. If the scratches are deep, it may be best to replace the skillet. Going forward, remind your dad to only use wooden or silicone utensils on non-stick cookware.

3. My mom's skillet has a strange smell after my dad used it, what should I do?

If the smell is coming from the non-stick coating, it is likely damaged and the skillet should be replaced. If the smell is from the food cooked in the skillet, try cleaning it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. If the smell persists, the skillet may need to be replaced.

4. Can I still use the skillet if my dad accidentally put it in the dishwasher?

It depends on the type of non-stick coating on the skillet. Some non-stick coatings are dishwasher safe, while others are not. Check the care instructions for your specific skillet to determine if it is safe to use after being washed in the dishwasher.

5. How can I prevent this from happening again in the future?

Remind your dad to be gentle with the cookware and to only use utensils and cleaning methods that are recommended for non-stick cookware. It may also be helpful to invest in a separate set of cookware for your dad to use, to avoid any accidents with your mom's special skillet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • bsaxman