• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant theRain Ruined My Grilled Pizza!!

In summary, the weather turned bad so the pizzas were not grilled as planned, but they still tasted good.
lt1jane
Gold Member
I was all set to grill pizzas yesteray so I could offer them, when the skies turned dark and it started to down pour. So, I made them in the oven. (All was not lost.)

It was an experimental recipe for me. I was cleaning out my fridge and decided that many leftovers would go great on pizzas. In my freezer I had a few pocketless pitas for crusts (though I did need to buy another pack), I had a jar of sundried tomatoes that I drained, chopped in the MFP and added enough water to create a sauce with the right consistency. To that, I added spices to give it some more flavor. I used my UM to slice onions, mushrooms, and peppers then roasted them in the oven. I keep shredded cheese in the freezer, so I was good to go. (I did buy a pack of pepperoni because I didn't have enough to brown an entire pound of sausage.)

My son wanted a cheese pizza. Being a mom, I took the veggies and minced them (my MFP was full of sauce or I would have used that) and hid them under the cheese. I them made a pizza for myself and my husband and baked all of them. They were very good. I took the rest of my ingredients and made more pizzas until I ran out of ingredients and froze them before baking. Now, I have 5 personal pizzas I can pull out for a quick lunch or take to work.

I may not have been able to grill them like I wanted, but I still emptied my fridge a bit and didn't have to throw out some food. :)

Way to make lemonade out of that weather lemon.You know what they say: When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If life hands you melons, you might be dyslexic. ;)

Way to make lemonade out of that weather lemon.

You know what they say: When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If life hands you melons, you might be dyslexic. ;)

I actually made lemonade too :D in my QSP. I was trying a recipe from my director.

2 lemons, sliced on UM
1 orange, sliced
3/4 cup sugar
water

slice fruit & put in QSP, add sugar and enough water to cover. Let sit for a few minutes, then put in plunger and "mix" until sugar is dissolved. Add the rest of the water and serve.

I liked this, but would recommend 2/3 cup of sugar (it was too sweet for my liking) and maybe only 1/2 an orange (I wanted more lemon flavor) The original recipe was for the Family pitcher with 3 lemons, 1 orange, and 1 1/2 cups sugar.

OH, and there is enough juice in the fruit to reuse and make a second batch!! How great is that?

It is very pretty with all the fruit in the bottom of the QSP. You could even save some of the fruit (or with clean hands pull some out) and use it to garnish the drinks for a party)

Last edited:
raebates said:
Way to make lemonade out of that weather lemon.

You know what they say: When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. If life hands you melons, you might be dyslexic. ;)

LOL! That took me a moment to get it!

1. How can I prevent my grilled pizza from getting ruined by rain?

One way to prevent your grilled pizza from getting ruined by rain is to use a pizza stone. The stone will help absorb any moisture and prevent the crust from getting soggy. You can also try using a grill cover or setting up a canopy or umbrella to protect your grill from rain.

2. Can I still salvage my grilled pizza if it has been rained on?

Yes, you can still salvage your grilled pizza if it has been rained on. If the crust is soggy, you can try placing it in the oven at a high temperature (around 425-450 degrees Fahrenheit) for a few minutes to crisp it up. Alternatively, you can also try carefully flipping the pizza and grilling it for a few more minutes to dry out the crust.

3. How do I keep my grilled pizza from sticking to the grill grates?

To prevent your grilled pizza from sticking to the grill grates, make sure to brush the grates with oil before placing the pizza on them. You can also use a pizza peel or a sheet of parchment paper to transfer the pizza onto the grill and then remove it once it's cooked.

4. What are some tips for grilling pizza in unpredictable weather?

If you know there is a chance of rain, it's best to have a backup plan for cooking your pizza, such as using the oven or a stovetop grill pan. If you do decide to grill, make sure to have all your ingredients and tools ready before starting and keep an eye on the weather so you can quickly move the pizza to a covered area if needed.

5. Can I use a gas grill or charcoal grill for making grilled pizza?

Yes, you can use both gas and charcoal grills for making grilled pizza. Each type of grill will have its own unique flavor and cooking time, so make sure to adjust accordingly. For gas grills, it's best to use indirect heat by turning off the burners under the pizza and leaving the ones on the sides or back on. For charcoal grills, make sure to spread the coals evenly and use a grill basket or foil to prevent the pizza from falling through the grates.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • erinpcmorgan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • DonnaYork