• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help...microwave Chocolate Cake W/ Icing...recipe Please!

In summary, this conversation is about a recipe for a molten chocolate lava cake that is made in a Rice cooker or fluted pan. The recipe is on Michael Reeves website and is also available in the files. The cake is made with a box of chocolate cake mix, one can of chocolate frosting, and 1/2 - 3/4 can of frosting. It is microwaved for about 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. The ingredients can be used with any kind of cake mix and frosting, but chocolate is my favorite. Krista does not sprinkle anything on the cake, but stirs it near the end. The cake is
ChefJoyJ
One of these days, I will remember to bookmark everything, or print it out, or a combo of both. However, I know I've read people describe a delicious sounding, very easy, microwave cake that is chocolate cake mix with chocolate icing scoops put on then microwaved.

I can't find the recipe I think I've seen. Can someone please help me? I think it can be made in the fluted pan. What are the ingredients, where do you put the icing, how long to cook/rest, etc. Please help!

Thanks! :)

Sounds like the Lava cake done in the Rice cooker. It should be in the files. I'll try to find it and post it just in case you have trouble.

Here it is:Molten Chocolate Lava CakeOne box of chocolate cake mix
ingredients to make the chocolate cake (from the back of the box)
One can of chocolate frosting1. Empty cake mix and cake mix ingredients into Rice Cooker Plus and mix together.
2. Add ½ the can of frosting with Small Scoop.
3. Microwave for about 8-10 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Microwave time may vary.
You can use any kind of cake mix and frosting, but chocolate is my favorite!

Chocolate cake, diet coke (just not Pepsi, makes it taste burnt) and 1/2 - 3/4 can frosting. Mix cake mix and diet coke, pour into fluted pan. If pan is not seasoned yet, brush with oil. Drop dollops of icing into batter. Microwave 10 - 12 minutes. Let sit for 2 - 5 minutes then flip onto a platter with a lip. You have to let it sit so the whole cake will come out of the pan but if you let it sit too long, it will not come out at all!

you can also use this with different cake mixes, sodas and frosting.

If you are talking about the magic cake in the fluted pan you just mix any cake mix according to the box pour it into the pan and then put icing into mix (i do it in about 3 big spoonfuls) Then microwave 12 minutes!! Let cool about 15-20 mins before flipping onto a plate! Icing will be on top of cake!

I am so excited to find this recipe, my b-day is in september and I always bring in my own cake, that way I get what I want, and I was thinking that I need to find something that I can use my PC stuff and bring it into work. This is going to be great because I can even make it at work.

tmseiling...
where in Elyria are you? I'm in Elyria, too!! was excited when I saw your post...are you with Jane????
karlene

Another version (my favorite) is to make the cake, but omit the oil and replace with a can of pie filling. Popular at my parties is chocolate with cherry filling and chocolate frosting. Always gets a big WOW!! You can also do spice cake with apple filling. Play around with the different combos.

pampchefsarah said:
Another version (my favorite) is to make the cake, but omit the oil and replace with a can of pie filling. Popular at my parties is chocolate with cherry filling and chocolate frosting. Always gets a big WOW!! You can also do spice cake with apple filling. Play around with the different combos.

Is that in the micro cooker or the fluted pan? Sounds awesome!

I do an "Apple Cobbler" in the DCB.... I sold 3 DCB's at my last show because of it. yellow cake mix, apple pie filling, and 1-1/2 sticks of butter. It's on Michael Reeves website /michaelreeves. It smells awesome! Wish I could have sugar just so I can try it.

Krista do you sprinkle anything on it? If not, so you still stir it near the end? Thanks!!

Krista Burson said:
It's on Michael Reeves website /michaelreeves.
Newbie with a big question mark over my head! LOL Is that a PC.biz extension? I tried to go to it to see the recipe but was told it was invalid. :(eta: nevermind.... I guess the address is pretty picky - I left off the "www". Just tried again & it worked!

Last edited:
Michelle, don't worry, I've done that a few times! Also, sorry for the delayed reply - I just now saw your question. Yes, the cake with the pie filling is made in the fluted stone. I have never tried in the micro cooker, so don't know how well it would work.

Thank you!

I was told the cakes would not work in the micro cookers because the walls were not thick enough.... Just what I was told. You can, however, make them in the rice cooker. If I am wrong, please someone tell me! :)

pampchefsarah said:

Do you put the dollops of frosting on before microwaving, like the other cake? Is the time still 12 minutes? I did the choc cake w/ choc frosting the other day in my fluted stone...and :love: :love: :love:. So, so, so good! I think the choc/cherry combo you mentioned would also be yummy!!

Yes, add the frosting before putting the stone in the microwave. Don't use more than 2/3 of the canister, though, or you'll have a mess!

1. How long does it take to make the microwave chocolate cake with icing?

The total time for this recipe is about 15 minutes: 5 minutes to prepare the batter and 10 minutes to cook in the microwave.

2. Can I use any type of chocolate for this recipe?

We recommend using semisweet chocolate for the best flavor and texture. You can also use bittersweet chocolate if you prefer a richer, less sweet cake.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make this cake?

You will need a microwave-safe baking dish or mug, a mixing bowl, and a whisk or spoon to make this cake. No special equipment is required.

4. Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

While we recommend following the recipe as written for the best results, you can substitute ingredients as needed. For example, you can use almond or coconut milk instead of regular milk, or gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose flour.

5. Can I make this cake ahead of time?

This cake is best enjoyed fresh from the microwave, but you can make the batter ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just be sure to bring the batter to room temperature before microwaving for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Chef Mary Rose
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mombird4
  • Chefgirl2