• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Get Over This Phone Call Road Block

In summary, This summary is about a conversation between a business owner and a customer. The business owner has a phone phobia, and does not want to make calls because it may result in no sales. The customer reminds the business owner that if they do not make calls, there will be no customers. The customer also reminds the business owner that if they do not make calls, they will not be able to sell any products. After hearing this, the business owner makes the calls and is able to sell products and receive commission.
dwyerkim
I have been reorganizing my leads (had them in a binder which wasn't all that useful, now I have them all in a 4x6 plastic snap top box with divider cards for the months and days... better system). Now it is time for me to start calling people like crazy to let them know about the fall specials and get shows set up. But I find some of the names I come across, I just can't bring myself to call. For instance, I just did a catalog show for an old high school friend. We've stayed mildly in touch (holiday cards, the very occasional email). So her mom, her sister, and another former HS friend who I have no connection with anymore all bought. I sent extra SBs for her mom and sister. Regardless, I feel awkward calling all these people b/c there is a social connection but it is a weak social connection and I hate that they may feel obligated. I also have a longer list of people who live close to my mom and sisters who bought when I did shows for them last winter... I'm headed out that way in a few weeks and would love to do a show out there but that phone weighs 3000 pounds when I make those calls.

So how do I get over the fear of calling the non-stranger?

Dial the phone number before you have a chance to talk yourself out of it! Also, if you have the mini-catalogs, you can always offer to send them one if they say no to hosting a show. It's almost like an "excuse" for calling.

I recently heard this and hope it helps.

You are a business owner with a store.
Not everyone that walks in will purchase at that time. Some will purchase now, some will purchase later or some not at all.
However, if you never unlock the door there will be no customers...
Your phone is your key.
Unlock the door so customers may come in!

Do a search on here for phone scripts, and find one you feel comfortable with. Have that out, and decide which one is appropriate for who you are calling, then use it when they answer. I have been doing this for the last couple weeks, and my phone phobia is now gone. It may sound forced the first few times, but it will become more natural.

Something else I heard once. There is no reason to fall apart at the fear of hearing no. How many times when you are at the resteraunt does the waitress ask you if you want to see the dessert menu. When you say, no thank you, does she fall apart in a crying mess, and fall to the floor? No, she says, ok, and goes on to her next customer. You saying no has no affect on the waitress. Same with our customers, when they say no, it is just that they chose not to have a show right now, or place an order right now, it really does not have anything to do with you.

Last edited:
Since we're sharing great things we've heard to inspire us to get on the phone.. I'll add my favorite one: WE CAN MAKE MONEY OR WE CAN MAKE EXCUSES. CAN'T DO BOTH.

baychef said:
I recently heard this and hope it helps.

You are a business owner with a store.
Not everyone that walks in will purchase at that time. Some will purchase now, some will purchase later or some not at all.
However, if you never unlock the door there will be no customers...
Your phone is your key.
Unlock the door so customers may come in!

I like that one! I may have to print it out and tape it on the cupboard over the phone!

No calls = No shows = No sales = No commission

That should be enough motivation!! MAKE THOSE CALLS!!!

ljeffries said:
No calls = No shows = No sales = No commission

That should be enough motivation!! MAKE THOSE CALLS!!!

Wow! I think that says it all.

I have a cluster-mate who has to kick my bootie from time to time when I get lazy - I borrowed that from her. She scares me into submission.

Related to Help Me Get Over This Phone Call Road Block

1. How can I overcome my fear of making phone calls for my Pampered Chef business?

First, acknowledge that it is normal to feel nervous about making phone calls. Then, practice and prepare for your calls by writing a script or talking points beforehand. Additionally, try to focus on the benefits of your product and how it can help your customers rather than on your own fears.

2. What are some tips for making successful phone calls for Pampered Chef?

Some tips include being prepared with a script or talking points, using a confident and friendly tone, actively listening to your customers, and following up with them after the call. It can also be helpful to practice with a friend or family member beforehand to boost your confidence.

3. How can I handle rejection or negative responses during phone calls?

Remember that rejection is a normal part of sales and not a reflection of your worth. Stay positive and professional, and try to understand the reason behind the rejection. Use it as an opportunity to improve and tailor your approach for future calls.

4. What are some strategies for getting over my phone call road block?

One strategy is to break down your calls into smaller, manageable chunks. For example, set a goal to make 10 calls each day rather than overwhelming yourself with a large number. It can also be helpful to reward yourself after completing a certain number of calls or to have an accountability partner to keep you motivated.

5. Are there any resources or tools available to help me with my phone calls for Pampered Chef?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers training materials and resources to help consultants with their phone calls. You can also reach out to your team leader or other experienced consultants for tips and advice. Additionally, there are many online resources and books that offer guidance on making successful sales calls.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • Flamingo
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76