• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! House Closing Delayed - Need Ideas!

In summary, the host was supposed to close on her new house on the 10th, but they are now not going to be able to close in time. She is staying with family until they can move, so she is homeless. She had all of the invites ready sealed and stamped on the way to the mailbox, but they called and said they are not going to be able to close in time. Lori Bean is the director of the company and she is from Argenta. There is a consultant who is signing this month, and she is looking for a hospitality director. The show should have been held at the host's house, but they are in the middle of remodeling. There are some people who would have the party, and
JDooley
I have a host who was supposed to close on her new house on the 10th. we scheduled her housewarming for the 17th. she is staying with family until they can move so is "homeless" I have not been able to qualify (this was my qualifing show) so i am a little nervous! I had all of the invites ready sealed and stamped on the way to the mailbox when she called that they are not going to be able to close in time. any ideas on how to salvage this?

thanks! I am losing my mind on this one

thank goodness she called before you mailed the invites. does she know when she's closing? if so, reschedule. i hope it's still within your first 30 or 90 days. good luck!

See if she can make it a catalog show.

No news yet on when she is closing. my 90 day is on the 20th. I have had one cat show pull 600 but really she does not have good luck with them so i would not see hers doing that well.

Is there anyone else you know who could do a show in time for your 90 days? A family or friend that would be sympathetic to your plight and do a show so that you can qualify? This housewarming party show sounds like it would be great, but what if it doesn't happen in time. I would try not to "put all your eggs in one basket", ya know?! ;) I would try to roll with things regarding this show. I wonder if anyone here has a trick to salvaging stamps from envelopes (unless you can open them up without ruining them and re-use them when she has a solid date).I hope things work out with this show in time, but if not, I hope maybe you can put together another one so you can qualify. Is this a 4th show or one to bring you to the $1250?

Can you hold the show at your house, with her still acting as hostess and with her inviting her friends/family, etc.?

BadGirl said:
Can you hold the show at your house, with her still acting as hostess and with her inviting her friends/family, etc.?

That's a good option! :) And if not, maybe she could do it at her family member's place? You could do an on-line party, but you would need to set up your website for that. You could say it's a backwards party. Everyone orders on-line or whatever, then she has everyone come over when the shipment arrives to give things out and have a treat and see her new place.

I 2nd the idea of hosting at your house, if it is near her friends and family. I always offer my home, in fact it is easier, because I do not need to haul everything out. I do not suggest turning it into a catalog show, because you are just starting out, and it is very difficult to get bookings from a catalog show. You need to see your guests face-to-face. Right now, this early in your business, bookings are much more important than sales. Yes, you do need the sales, but it is the bookings that will enable you to get off to a great start. The sales are not going to help you much, if you have no bookings to ensure your business has a future.

I noticed you are from Argenta- small world. Decatur is my home town. Who is your director? I have a consultant signing this month,. and she is from Moweaqua, and I am looking for a hosiptality director for her.

Last edited:
this is was supposed to be 1250 show
I thought about having it at my house but it is out in the boonies and i am in the middle of remodleing...it is an old 1875 farmhouse.
there are some folks that would have the party for her. I like the idea of a backwards party....do you have any invite ideas for it? if not i think i can pull something out!
Really I grew up in Moweaqua! I did not move to Argenta until after I got out of the Navy.
Lori Bean is my Ditector.

Thanks for the help i was starting to get worried

The backwards party sounds ok- except that by the time everyone gets their orders in, the excitement may have worn off- and it is so hard to back-track. It really think it would be best for you to hold the party on the date scheduled, just try to find an alternate location- Maybe a resteraunt in the back room. A lot of times, resteraunts will allow groups to use their place, or maybe a Town Hall. You really do need face to face, to get your bookings, unless you are really practiced in your phone skills, to get them. I have a hard time getting the bookings over the phone at times, with people I have never met.

Does Lori live in Decatur?

I agree about sticking to the date and finding an alternate location... it really would be best. And they are right about it leading to bookings. Just getting started, you really need to be in front of people getting excited, meeting them and getting additional bookings. The backwards party I was just brainstorming with. It really would be my last option if absolutely nothing else could work. KWIM? It's just not ideal, but a way to try to get to qualify if your back is up against the wall.

Good point about needing the bookings. I am stuck and even put an ad in the local news flyer and have postings around town. I think i am going to have it at her moms and still throw her a housewarming to show off her new kitchen

Have you checked around your town at banks or churches to see if they would let you host a show there (I have 3 places that allow shows - 2 only charge $10). Also, you I did a search today on "scripts" because I need to get more bookings for Jan., then I saw the 24 in 24 BOOKING SCRIPT!! You might want to try this for quick bookings!! YOU STILL HAVE TIME! DON'T GIVE UP!! :angel:

1. How can I continue to cook and prepare meals during the house closing delay?

During a house closing delay, it can be difficult to plan and prepare meals without access to your kitchen. One solution is to use a portable induction cooktop or electric skillet to prepare simple meals. You can also utilize a slow cooker or instant pot to make meals ahead of time and reheat them as needed. Another option is to order takeout or delivery from local restaurants or meal delivery services.

2. What are some easy and quick meal ideas during a house closing delay?

If you're short on time and resources during a house closing delay, there are still plenty of meal options available. Some quick and easy meal ideas include sandwiches, salads, wraps, frozen meals, and pre-made meals from the grocery store. You can also try making simple recipes using canned or frozen ingredients, such as soups, stews, and casseroles.

3. How can I make sure my kitchen supplies and equipment are safe during the house closing delay?

If you're worried about your kitchen supplies and equipment during a house closing delay, there are a few steps you can take to ensure their safety. First, make sure to pack and label any fragile items carefully. You can also use bubble wrap or packing peanuts to protect them during the move. If you have access to a storage unit, consider storing your kitchen items there until after the move. Lastly, if you're hiring professional movers, make sure to communicate any delicate or valuable items that require special handling.

4. What are some alternative options for kitchen storage during a house closing delay?

If your kitchen is unavailable during a house closing delay, there are a few alternative options for storing your kitchen items. You can use plastic storage bins or boxes to keep your kitchen supplies organized and easily accessible. You can also utilize other areas of your home, such as a spare room or garage, to store your kitchen items temporarily. If you have a friend or family member nearby, consider asking if you can store some of your kitchen items at their place until after the move.

5. How can I stay organized and keep track of my kitchen items during a house closing delay?

During a house closing delay, it's easy to lose track of your kitchen items and supplies. To stay organized, consider creating an inventory list of all your kitchen items and where they are being stored. You can also label your boxes and storage bins with the contents inside and the room they belong in. If you're using a storage unit, make sure to label each box with a number and keep a corresponding list of the items in each box. This will make it easier to locate and unpack your kitchen items once you're in your new home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheNewMrsRue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • Jennifer E
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • nldavis321