• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Small Open House in Florida: Tips & Ideas

In summary, an open house is not the best idea because it has limited potential and the host would rather people just come and shop. An actual show with a start time would be more successful.
Jennifer E
I am a new consultant and next month I am traveling to Florida to see my mom. While there, she wants me to do an Open House for her. I have been doing some reading on this site about open houses and here are some questions/ thoughts:

1. I have seen several people mention that they would not call it an open house, however mom really wants people to come for awhile, shop and then leave when they are ready. She lives in an area with limited parking and her place is pretty small and has a terrible floor plan for large parties.

2. Since I live in another state, I will not even promote hosting as I don't really want to return to do another show! I can promote catalog shows, however.

3. I thought I would make, ahead of time, 2-3 appetizers (any recommendations are welcome) and maybe one dessert. I would have items out for them to try out. Things to cut and slice and chop to highlight some products. But not really do a show, so to speak. I would have an opportunity maybe 2-3 times when there are a lot of people that that I could stand up and give few hints and highlight a product or two.

Ok...I need ideas, thoughts and recommendations. My head is spinning and I need to get my mind wrapped around all of it!
Thanks in advance for the great ideas, because I always get lots from ya'll!

For an app, I would recommend the greek cheese torta! Always a hit! And it typically gets people to buy the greek rub, which is something they may continue to order from you online.

I think you’ll have a great deal more success with an actual show with a start time rather than an open house (as you've found in the posts here).

One thing about having a show – you’ve got a much better chance to recruit someone to take any of the shows from those people who would like to book.

It’s more fun and festive to get a group together and let them talk about their favorite products. I hope you can convince your mom to have a party.

1. How far in advance should I start planning for a small open house in Florida?

It is recommended to start planning for a small open house in Florida at least 4-6 weeks in advance. This allows enough time to secure a venue, send out invitations, and make any necessary arrangements.

2. What are some unique ideas for a Florida-themed open house?

Some unique ideas for a Florida-themed open house include serving key lime pie or other citrus-flavored treats, incorporating beachy decorations and colors, and offering guests a refreshing mocktail made with fresh Florida orange juice.

3. How can I make my open house stand out and attract more guests?

One way to make your open house stand out is by offering a unique and interactive experience, such as a cooking demonstration or a DIY activity. You can also consider partnering with local businesses to offer special discounts or giveaways for attendees.

4. What are some budget-friendly options for catering a small open house in Florida?

Some budget-friendly options for catering a small open house in Florida include serving simple yet delicious finger foods, having a potluck-style event where guests bring their own dishes, and utilizing local farmers markets for fresh and affordable ingredients.

5. How can I ensure a successful open house in terms of attendance and guest satisfaction?

To ensure a successful open house, make sure to send out invitations early and follow up with reminders. Consider offering a variety of food and drink options to accommodate different dietary restrictions and preferences. It is also important to engage with your guests and make them feel welcome and appreciated throughout the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • pchef_Christy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • racaotto