• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Customer Tracking (A Little Long)

In summary, the expert summarizer thinks that it is important to keep track of customers somehow, but is unsure of the best way to do it. The expert summarizer recommends using a file folder to keep track of customers, as well as using PPP to make calls and writing down the date and result of the call.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
Okay, so here’s the story that’s got me thinking about my tracking system (or lack of…) for all my customers.

I did a show last week. I booked one show that night, gave her the host packet, but the lady didn’t place her order that night. The next day, I did all my big MAC calls (like a good girl :) ) and I confirmed her date at that time. Last night, I made some more calls for the people who placed outside orders, ‘cause I just got those on Monday from the host.

So, here’s the stupid part….:eek:....I called the lady who booked a show the night of the party and left her a voicemail, and said all the things I said to the other “voicemails”, which was “thanks for your order, sorry you missed the show, I’d like for you to experience the same fun we had…….blah blah blah”. So, last night, I realized that and felt like a total idiot!! I plan on calling her and apologizing…..I’m hoping I get her voicemail again!! ;)

Okay, so after that long-winded story, I would like to ask you how do you keep from doing things like that? Do you keep track of every customer somehow? I know I can do it through PP, but I’m not real comfortable with that. And, it’s not something I can take with me everywhere I go…..but someday, when I get a laptop!! :)

I thought too that some customers go to more than one of my shows, so when I do my customer care calls, how do I track that they’ve been to more than one show? I don’t want to be doing CCCs and end up calling the same person in the same week or something!

I’m debating starting a spreadsheet. Does anyone else do that? I’d love to hear your ideas!

I’m getting really busy now, which is great, but I’m starting to feel like I’m losing control…..HELP!!! :confused: :confused:

I use PPP and make notes in the individual contacts profile, especially if i leave a message. I have such a bad memory, I have to make notes so that when people call back I remember why I called them. Each time I make a call I am in PPP and I pull up each customer and make specific notes. It REALLY helps me.

I use the Customer Care Log that's on CC for download. It helps me keep track of things & I just put them in a binder with my calendar.

When I actually make myself do the calls, I use the order forms and survey slips. That way with the order form in front of me I know what they ordered. I keep all forms and slips together by show, so, I know what show I am calling. I make a note in red ink b/c it shows up better on the form to let me know I called. I put a check mark or C if I talk to them and I put an M if I just left a message. Sometimes if I have time I will try again on te ones I left a message for to try to talk to them in person.

I am horrible at making these calls. I have a file folder right now of shows I need to call on. I said with the new year, I was going to be better at it. But most of the time unless they already showed interest in booking or ordering more and I already know it has not generated extra business for me. I think that is why I find it so hard to do them.

I'm sure there is a better way, but here is how I do it.
I keep track in a Word program. I have it in a folder for contacts. I have each guest or contact name in there with their contact info. Then I keep track on a regular basis of when I call them. I write the date of the call and the result. Message or contact and the general gist of the call.
The people from fairs I have been trying to call since September I have the day I called and the result.
It doesn't answer your question about repeat customers in different shows. I only have 12 shows under my belt so I will have to figure that part out. I am also really good with names so I feel like I would remember the name, but again I only have 12 shows so it is easier.
I will have to llok into the P3 notes section and see if that is easier.
I'll be checking back to see what others are doing.
Good luck!

I keep all of my contacts in a binder that is labeled by month. Each contact has a piece of paper that I staple their door prize slip on and then make any notes on or notes from calls.

I just started doing this a few months back and am finding there are some things that I am missing. Like if someone is a recruit lead and a show lead then I can't track them very well. Also, if I leave a message for someone and then move them further back in my binder to call them again in say a month and then they call me back, it is taking forever to find their page.

I really don't find P3 very user friendly for tracking contacts. I also don't like how there are so many different places to make notes for one person. (Like how show notes don't show under the contact info.) The one thing I do like is how you can see the customer order history.

I am toying with the idea of using ACT. I will be able to keep track of when to call customers very easily, but if they call me first I will be able to look them up no problem. I will also be able to have all information (recruit lead, show notes, cc notes) all in one place as well. The downfall will be that I will have to input things twice, once into P3 and once into ACT. I'm thinking that it will only be a real bummer getting all 300+ contacts that I have now in there, then it won't be as big a deal going forward.

sfdavis918 said:
I keep all of my contacts in a binder that is labeled by month. Each contact has a piece of paper that I staple their door prize slip on and then make any notes on or notes from calls.

I just started doing this a few months back and am finding there are some things that I am missing. Like if someone is a recruit lead and a show lead then I can't track them very well. Also, if I leave a message for someone and then move them further back in my binder to call them again in say a month and then they call me back, it is taking forever to find their page.

I really don't find P3 very user friendly for tracking contacts. I also don't like how there are so many different places to make notes for one person. (Like how show notes don't show under the contact info.) The one thing I do like is how you can see the customer order history.

I am toying with the idea of using ACT. I will be able to keep track of when to call customers very easily, but if they call me first I will be able to look them up no problem. I will also be able to have all information (recruit lead, show notes, cc notes) all in one place as well. The downfall will be that I will have to input things twice, once into P3 and once into ACT. I'm thinking that it will only be a real bummer getting all 300+ contacts that I have now in there, then it won't be as big a deal going forward.

That's what I do now, but, like you, I find I am missing something to my system.

Now, tell me a little more about ACT. I've never heard of it! I'm curious....

Here is their website: ACT! by Sage 2008 - Contact and Customer Relationship Management Software | Home

I decided to bite the bullet and get it today. Got it at staples and there is a $100 rebate on it so when all is said and done it was only $100. I figure that's a small price to pay if I use it and really keep up on CC and following up with recruits.

I am going to install it today and play around tonight. I will let you know how I like it.

So, Sarah, how is ACT working for you? I looked it up online and was hoping to find some screen shots, but no luck, unless I missed them.

Since I can't really afford it right now, I have decided to put together an Excel worksheet together. I'm going to start with the most recent contacts and work backwards.

I did find a site where you can download freeware for customer tracking, but not sure if I'll bother. We'll see.

Now, I have to decide the columns I'm going to have in my document.

What about that Contact Manager Database thing on Merrill's site?
I just saw it today and I thought of this thread.

ted122781 said:
What about that Contact Manager Database thing on Merrill's site?
I just saw it today and I thought of this thread.

I'll have to look into that. I never heard of it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Just checked on the site and can't find it. Would you have the link??

Last edited:
I think that's it. I'm technologically challenged.
I just clicked on it and it took it to the page, but with my name.
When you go to the Merrill site from CC, there's an option on the left side that says Manage Your Contacts. That's where I found it.

That's not a contact management program. It's for managing contact addresses so you can send postcards straight from Merrill.

Oh I'm sorry! I didn't mean to pass on incorrect info.! Oops!

So far so good with ACT. I forgot to mention that there is a free 30 day trial that you can download from their website. Might be worth just trying out.

I have successfully imported all of my contacts from P3. I was trying to find a report on P3 that showed all of the notes that I have made on customers, but I'm starting to think that there isn't one. So I will have to go one by one and re-enter the info (ugh! I just keep reminding myself that the rewards will be well worth it when I'm done.);)

I am also going to send an email to all my customers about a Leap Year sale. I can do that through ACT and it will automatically add a line in their history that it was sent. I'll report back on how it went.

chefann said:
That's not a contact management program. It's for managing contact addresses so you can send postcards straight from Merrill.

Damn....that would have been cool! Thanks anyway, Tiffany! :)

sfdavis918 said:
So far so good with ACT. I forgot to mention that there is a free 30 day trial that you can download from their website. Might be worth just trying out.

I have successfully imported all of my contacts from P3. I was trying to find a report on P3 that showed all of the notes that I have made on customers, but I'm starting to think that there isn't one. So I will have to go one by one and re-enter the info (ugh! I just keep reminding myself that the rewards will be well worth it when I'm done.);)

I am also going to send an email to all my customers about a Leap Year sale. I can do that through ACT and it will automatically add a line in their history that it was sent. I'll report back on how it went.

That's very exciting, Sarah. I will check out the free trial and see. Thanks for the update.

1. How can I track my customer's orders?

To track your customer's orders, you can use the customer tracking feature on our website. Simply log into your account, go to the Orders tab, and click on "Customer Tracking." From there, you can search for your customer's name or order number to view their order history and current status.

2. Can I add notes to my customer's profile?

Yes, you can add notes to your customer's profile by clicking on the "Add Note" button on their customer tracking page. This is a great way to keep track of any special requests or preferences they may have.

3. How do I update my customer's contact information?

To update your customer's contact information, go to their customer tracking page and click on the "Edit" button next to their name. This will allow you to make changes to their name, address, phone number, and email.

4. Can I see how much my customer has spent with me?

Yes, the customer tracking feature also allows you to view the total amount your customer has spent with you. This information is displayed on their customer tracking page, along with their order history and contact information.

5. Is there a way to export my customer's information?

Yes, you can export your customer's information by clicking on the "Export" button on their customer tracking page. This will create a spreadsheet with their name, contact information, and order history that you can save or print for your records.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cr8vKitchen