• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help: Aztec Chocolate Souffle Cakes

In summary, the recipe from Cooking for 2 of More is delicious and comes out on the moist side. However, the whisking process is exhausting.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Has anyone out there tried this recipe from Cooking for 2 of More? Are they as tasty as they look? Do they come out on the moist or dry side?
I've been asked to make these for company tonight...which in my time zone is only 2 hours away. :0

thanks!!!!!

These came out delicious....but whisking the egg whites about did me in! It was exhausting. Even the DH and our guests lent a hand.

We finally went ahead and poured the batter into the prep bowls even though the 'soft peaks' were probably a little softer than they were supposed to be.

I'm not sure the cakes were worth the effort, but the sauce was INCREDIBLE. The cinnamon and cayenne pepper give the chocolate a very rich and unique flavor. I plan to make it again and try it on some other cakes (maybe even try using a cake mix and adding chocolate morsels and cayenne pepper to make a non-souffle version on the Aztec Chocolate Souffle).

Does anyone have experience with making souffles that has any advice to share on whipping the egg whites?

My advice....use a Kitchen-Aid. I know egg whites are easier to separate when cold, but whip better at room temp. good Luck!!!

I always seperated the egg whites as soon as I took them out of the fridge, put saran wrap over the bowl, when it got to room temp I would use my kitchen aid mixer.

I agree w/ the Kitchen Aid - but if you don't have one of those - even an electric hand mixer would be easier and quicker than whipping them by hand! That is why I don't understand the balloon whisk....why make a task longer and harder when we have such wonderful modern inventions? (like electricity!);)

The balloon whisk is supposed to make whipping easier also. I haven't tried it with egg whites though.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't have my egg whites at room temperature. I definitely will next time. :)

The Kitchen-Aid is on my wish list...we plan to get one when we finally return to the land of 110 voltage. (We built our 'dream home' in Florida earlier this year, and I designed the kitchen with that Kitchen-Aid in mind!)

We're going on vacation tomorrow...so I wish everyone a joyous holiday!!!!

I made the recipe for an open house. Everyone thought it was very good. I think the ingredients are pretty expensive for the quantity you get in return.
Everyone enjoyed the caramel sauce (sticky cakes) was great as a spread for these chocolate cakes.

Related to Help: Aztec Chocolate Souffle Cakes

1. What are the ingredients needed to make Aztec Chocolate Souffle Cakes?

The ingredients needed for Aztec Chocolate Souffle Cakes are all-purpose flour, unsalted butter, semisweet chocolate chips, ground cinnamon, ground cayenne pepper, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.

2. Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe?

While we recommend following the recipe as is for the best results, you can substitute the semisweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips and adjust the amount of ground cayenne pepper to your preferred level of spiciness.

3. What is the cooking time for Aztec Chocolate Souffle Cakes?

The cooking time for these souffle cakes is approximately 20-25 minutes. However, we recommend checking on them frequently after the 15-minute mark to ensure they do not overcook.

4. Can I make these souffle cakes ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the batter for these souffle cakes ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, simply pour the batter into greased ramekins and bake according to the recipe instructions.

5. How do I know when the souffle cakes are done?

The souffle cakes are done when the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly. You can also do a toothpick test by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake - if it comes out with moist crumbs, it is done. Be careful not to overcook them, as they will continue to cook and set as they cool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenbaez
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jilleysue
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JaniD
Replies