1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Healthy recipes

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I just started a 10 week extreme body fitness challenge. My biggest struggle is coming up with recipes that are healthy but will still satisfy DH! I can eat all the healthy food I can get my hands on, DH is a little pickier. The main goals of their diet is 6 protiens a day and 5 carbs a day (6 small meals) and all the veggies and water you can handle. I thought I would check to see if any of you have any recipes or websites that could help me out!

By the way, I'm on day 3 and I'm loving it! Cannot wait to see the changes it makes.

May 28, 2009
  2. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

When I am watching what I eat/trying to lose weight, I usually cook fairly normally, maybe try to lighten up by using less fat/cheese, but then when I serve dinner I eat a small portion of the carb, a fairly small portion of the protein and then lots of the veggies, but serve DH normal protein and carb portions. We almost always have protein, carb and two veggies anyway, so nothing much changes in terms of what I have to cook!

I guess maybe go for the "ultra healthy" things for your meals that are without your DH.

If he's not big into salads and veggies, maybe steam some veggies, and put a little shredded cheese on his, or for a salad add cheese and bacon crumbles for him, but stick to tomatoes/cucumber/light dresing for you.

One snack that I love for keeping full is triscuits and cottage cheese, it is high on protein and fibre, but fairly low in fat/cal.

May 28, 2009
  3. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

I guess I should ask what things your DH is used to eating for dinner... :)

And what kinds of "healthy" things you are trying to add in to your diet.

May 28, 2009
  4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

We usually almost have dinner together. He likes the normal spaghetti, tacos, chicken, etc.

I'm eating more veggies and watching my carb intake more (love bread, pastas, etc). The biggest thing that I find is with my work schedule, work out schedule and home stuff, I don't have time to do much else right now, especially thinking about making sure he's still eating!

May 28, 2009
Have something to add?