• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using the Deep Covered Baker for casseroles?

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker is a versatile tool that can be used for both meat and non-meat dishes. When determining cook time, it is recommended to add 5-7 minutes to the time listed in your recipe for a regular oven. The size of the baker does affect cook time, so it is important to follow the recommended times for the specific size. The Deep Covered Baker does not require preheating, making it a convenient and time-saving option. If using the baker in the microwave, the cook time will need to be reduced by 25% compared to a regular oven.
PamperedinAvon
Has anyone had experience with baking casseroles in the DCB? I have a customer asking about cook times (she had to add a lot of time before the chicken in her casserole was done). Is this common? Does it get better as it gets seasoned?

TIA! :)

The DCB is like any stoneware- you need to add a few minutes to short cook times (less than 10 minutes), to give the stone a chance to warm up. But a casserole usually cooks long enough that it shouldn't need any modifications.

I would also think that since it is deeper, most casseroles would then be "thicker" than the original recipe. This may cause it to require more cooking time.

1. How do I determine the cook time for a specific recipe in the Deep Covered Baker?

The general rule of thumb for the Deep Covered Baker is to add 5-7 minutes to the cook time listed in your recipe. For example, if a recipe calls for 30 minutes in a regular oven, you would cook it for 35-37 minutes in the Deep Covered Baker. However, it is always recommended to check for doneness using a meat thermometer or by cutting into the food to ensure it is cooked to your desired level.

2. Can I use the Deep Covered Baker for both meat and non-meat dishes?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is versatile and can be used for both meat and non-meat dishes. It is great for cooking chicken, pork, beef, and fish, as well as vegetables, casseroles, and desserts.

3. Does the size of the Deep Covered Baker affect the cook time?

Yes, the size of the Deep Covered Baker does affect the cook time. A larger baker will take longer to cook the food compared to a smaller one. It is important to follow the recommended cook times for the specific size of your baker.

4. Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before cooking?

No, the Deep Covered Baker is designed to be used in a cold oven. You do not need to preheat it before adding your food. This makes it a convenient and time-saving tool in the kitchen.

5. Can I adjust the cook time if I am using the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

Yes, the cook time will need to be adjusted if using the Deep Covered Baker in the microwave. The general rule of thumb is to reduce the cook time by 25% compared to the cook time in a regular oven. So if a recipe calls for 30 minutes in a regular oven, you would cook it for approximately 22-23 minutes in the microwave using the Deep Covered Baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • marystell1
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
marystell1
Replies