• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will the White Deep Covered Baker Discolor?

In summary, the White Deep Covered Baker is not suitable for stovetop use or use on a direct heat source. It is safe to use in the microwave, but caution should be taken when handling it as it can become hot. Certain acidic foods may cause the baker to discolor, so using a liner or parchment paper is recommended. Metal utensils should not be used with the baker, as they can scratch the surface and cause discoloration over time. The baker is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended for longevity.
danielsdundee
The white deep covered baker in the white....does it discolor at all or will it stay white......I have a Host who would like the white, but not if it will stain or get discolored over time..

thanks

Re: DCB-whiteI don't have the white but I would think it would do the same as the Vanilla

Re: DCB-whiteAs long as it's cleaned thoroughly, the white should stay white. The unglazed part will darken, though.

Re: DCB-whiteI have a customer who uses hers quite often and she said her white has not discolored. Her inside is a deep brown, but the white is still white. She cleans the outside with dish detergent too, just not the stoneware inside.:thumbup:

Re: DCB-whiteI have the white and use it very frequently and the white is still as white as it was when I bought it.

Re: DCB-whiteYou can also use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to keep it clean.

Re: DCB-white
Rosebud said:
I have the white and use it very frequently and the white is still as white as it was when I bought it.

My thoughts exactly!

Re: DCB-whiteI also have the white DCB and mine hasn't lost color. I've had mine for about a year. I also clean the glazed part with regular dish soap, just not the inside of the stone. Hope this helps!

Re: DCB-whiteI've got several glazed pieces- either white or vanilla (old color)....I've been able to get the few things off of them with a little Soft Scrub or Magic Eraser (just use it ONLY on the glazed portion). They clean up great.

1. Will using the White Deep Covered Baker on the stovetop cause it to discolor?

No, the White Deep Covered Baker is not suitable for stovetop use and should not be placed on a direct heat source. Doing so can cause the baker to discolor or even crack.

2. Can I use the White Deep Covered Baker in the microwave?

Yes, the White Deep Covered Baker is microwave safe. However, always make sure to use oven mitts or a towel to handle the baker as it can become hot during use.

3. Will certain foods cause the White Deep Covered Baker to discolor?

Yes, certain foods high in acidity, such as tomato-based sauces, can cause the baker to discolor. To prevent this, it is recommended to use a liner or parchment paper when cooking these types of dishes.

4. Is it okay to use metal utensils with the White Deep Covered Baker?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on the White Deep Covered Baker as they can scratch the surface and potentially cause it to discolor over time. It is best to use plastic, wooden, or silicone utensils when cooking with the baker.

5. Can I put the White Deep Covered Baker in the dishwasher?

Yes, the White Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe. However, hand washing with warm soapy water is recommended to prolong the lifespan of the baker and prevent any potential discoloration from harsh dishwasher chemicals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • chefnene
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies