• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Yellowing Scraper Solution: Tips for Restoring Discolored Scrapers

In summary, adding baking soda and water to the scraper should make it white again. However, if the scraper has been used recently or is in a dirty state, the paste may not work.
heat123
Silver Member
I know this has probably been discussed before but what do you all suggest for discolored (yellowish) scrapers? A current host said her scraper has turned yellowish and cannot get it white again?? TIA!

A paste of baking soda and water should make it white again

Let it set overnight in the paste or how long??

I use Soft Scrub with bleach.

Do you all let it set over night or just wash it on and off and it turns white again?

When I have products a little discolored, I let the cleanser sit on them for a little bit, then wash it off. I should add the disclaimer that I haven't had a discolored scraper, though.

Mine are not bright white but not yellow either. It doesn't look bad but not brand new because it is over 5 years old. How long had she had the scraper? Did you see the yellow scraper?

pampermejolene said:
A paste of baking soda and water should make it white again
yup this works great. if not little bleach and water

I had a scraper and no matter what I tried nothing took the stains out. HO did send me a new one.

She said it was past the guarentee period so I suggested the following advice from here! Thanks everyone!

I hope she get it white again. I loved the cranberry scrapers for that reason.

When I fill my sinks up with bleach water after I've used comet on them this is when I add anything that needs to be whitened! I have added a scraper or 2 from time to time. Usually if I use my dishwasher I don't have stains in my scrapers at all! Dishwashing detergent, left of it for a while works well too, I've heard!;)

Last edited:
Thanks all, I will recommend all of these ideas if soda paste and soft scrub don't do the trick! ;)

Related to Yellowing Scraper Solution: Tips for Restoring Discolored Scrapers

1. Why is my white scraper discolored?

The white scraper may become discolored due to exposure to heat, food dyes, or strong staining ingredients such as turmeric or tomato sauce.

2. Can I still use the discolored white scraper?

Yes, the discoloration does not affect the functionality of the scraper. It is still safe to use for scraping and stirring ingredients.

3. How can I prevent my white scraper from becoming discolored?

To prevent discoloration, avoid using the scraper with hot dishes or foods that can cause staining. Also, try to clean the scraper immediately after use.

4. What is the best way to clean a discolored white scraper?

We recommend using a mild dish soap and warm water to clean the scraper. You can also try soaking it in a mixture of baking soda and water before washing. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers, as they may damage the scraper.

5. Is there a way to remove the discoloration from the white scraper?

Yes, you can try using a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub the discolored areas. If the discoloration persists, you may need to replace the scraper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies
Views
OhmyDLM
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies