• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried using a Pampered Chef decal on your car for business leads?

I got a new decal for my Sportage that I placed on the outside of my car, with the PC logo from Merrill and other lettering from JeriSigns.com. It was easy to apply and cost less than $25. Other consultants in the conversation are also considering using this marketing strategy and wondering about the tax implications. Some have already tried it and have had success.
ameliasurf said:
hey has anyone thought about because you are advertising your business on your car that you might be able to deduct some of the expenses for advertisement...... i don't know it was just a thought... maybe you can as your tax preparer that!!!
We can already deduct mileage. Tax rules are that you can deduct mileage, OR you can deduct a percentage of the maintenance and gas. But you cannot do both.
Also, many insurance companies have rules that advertising on a vehicle changes it from "personal" to "commercial," with higher insurance rates. This may also affect your registration, depending on which state/province you live in.

chefann said:
We can already deduct mileage. Tax rules are that you can deduct mileage, OR you can deduct a percentage of the maintenance and gas. But you cannot do both.
Also, many insurance companies have rules that advertising on a vehicle changes it from "personal" to "commercial," with higher insurance rates. This may also affect your registration, depending on which state/province you live in.

In Michigan, you have much higher insurance rates if you advertise your business on your vehicle.

ChefBeckyD said:
In Michigan, you have much higher insurance rates if you advertise your business on your vehicle.

so with advertising on your vehicle does it have to be permanent or a magnetic for it to make your insurence go up

ameliasurf said:
so with advertising on your vehicle does it have to be permanent or a magnetic for it to make your insurence go up

Well, if you get in an accident, and they are on your car.....you're busted!:eek:

My director specifically asked about magnetic signage, and was told it was the same as permanent.

that makes sense

ameliasurf said:
that makes sense

But you are in Fla, not MI, so it might be different there - check with your insurance agent!

What if you just have "The Pampered Chef" on your license plate holder? Does that count as "advertising" for insurance purposes?

dianevill said:
What if you just have "The Pampered Chef" on your license plate holder? Does that count as "advertising" for insurance purposes?

In Michigan, it's the contact information that makes it advertising.

I think that's OK, because it's like the plate frames for dealerships. It's more of a "this is my interest" thing than an advertisement with a phone number or website. At least, in my opinion.

Looks, great, I put mine on my SUV on Saturday and Monday morning, I received a from the woman behind me wanting to book a show. I hope it works like this all the time. Good Luck.

chefsrpampered said:
Looks, great, I put mine on my SUV on Saturday and Monday morning, I received a call from the woman behind me wanting to book a show. I hope it works like this all the time. Good Luck.

Awesome!:thumbup: :balloon: :) :sing: :D

Kelly, did you see Merrill is now doing these decals?
$34.95, though.

edit - oh, that price is for 2 decals. Hey, I could put one on hubby's car.

Last edited:
Oh, dang it. I thought it was each and I ordered one without the personalization. I called and it's too late to change it even though I just ordered yesterday. :cry:

Last edited:
kspry said:
Kelly, did you see Merrill is now doing these decals?
$34.95, though.

edit - oh, that price is for 2 decals. Hey, I could put one on hubby's car.
No...I didn't notice that...I will look into it the next time I visit their site. Glad they are doing something other than magnets for those of us who don't want magnets, or who feel they are waaaaay overpriced!

I was excited to see the new ones at Merrill!

AMTC said:
This post is definitely worth repeating. If you advertise your business on your vehicle I STRONGLY urge you to check with your Insurance Agent. Your state laws may require you to insure it as a business vehicle with higher liability limits (and with that comes a higher premium). You also open yourself up to the risk that if you are in an accident and someone screams oh my back, they can not only go after you, but your business as well. Likewise if you ever accidently run over someone's property you could be at greater risk. If you're not properly insured, the other party can sue you in court and if your looked at as a business instead of an individual, they may just win.

Sorry, I don't mean to be a doggy downer, but my other job is Insurance - I sell health, but I am licensed in auto and homeowners as well.

can you give me more on this?

how is it if you use your car for personal use more than business use?

how many times has this happened and a person got sued as a company not an individual?

Just wondering!

because i would like to put decals on my car, but i want to make an educated decision on this before i do it

bumping for an answer

Kelly....I adhered my decal on Dec 1, and its peeling off already. Did this happen to you>??? I am going to have to peel the entire thing off. It looks so good, I am so disappointed.............

I've had mine since August, and it's starting to come off. I never use my back wiper, but in 3 different spots, the letters are starting to curl.....I'm bummed!!!

I don't even have a rear wiper. I wrote the lady at Jerisigns.com and she was very accomodating but said I am the only one to complain. I dont like to complain but really its been 2.5 months!

I don't think Iwill be getting another one....

Well, I would write her and see what she can do for you.

Bumping Kelly quotes to save repeating.
KellyTheChef said:
Don't be sorry for the questions! Here is what my order says...

1 ea. Vinyl Lettering By The Sq. Ft.
Color 1 - White
Sign Information - Welcome To My Personal Web Site
330-877-6370

This is what I wrote in the "comments" section when I ordered.
(If you order from her, you can tell her you want it the same as she made mine, which was order #1360)
I have a decal for The Pampered Chef (4 inches tall x 11 inches long) from one of our authorized vendors. I would like to get the vinyl stick on letters to place under my logo sticker. It can be a total of 2 feet long and 4 inches tall. I would like my website listed on the first line (centered) and then my phone number on the second line (centered.) Do you have a font that would "match" the Pampered Chef logo font? Thanks!

KellyTheChef said:
I just went to the site and here's how I ordered:

On the left side of homepage choose "Fully Customized Signs"

Then choose "Vinyl Lettering"

Then choose "Vinyl Lettering by the sq. foot"

KellyTheChef said:
The logo part came directly from Merrill, our authorized vendor. Jeri only made the part with my website and phone number.

KellyTheChef said:
This is off of her website:

Here's How To Order: Measure the space that you want the vinyl lettering to fit. This could be the door of your vehicle, the window on your business, your mailbox, toolbox, existing blank sign, or whatever. Then multiply the height (in feet) by the width (in feet) of the area the lettering is to fit. This will give you the number of square feet you need to purchase.

I told her I wanted mine to be 4 inches tall (.333333 feet) by 2 feet long at the widest part. So, multiplying .333x 2 = .66666 square feet. So, I only paid for one square foot of decals, which was $6.50. Shipping was $5.05.

If you are still having problems, I would just email her and tell her you want the same set up as Kelly McNamara, order #1360.

HTH!

I just wanted to bump up info that Kelly posted that doesn't have to be hunted for... ;) As much for me as for anyone else wanting quick satisfaction. :D :sing: :angel:

vwpamperedchef said:
I don't even have a rear wiper. I wrote the lady at Jerisigns.com and she was very accomodating but said I am the only one to complain. I dont like to complain but really its been 2.5 months!

I don't think Iwill be getting another one....

Well, I would write her and see what she can do for you.
Mine has started to come off in small places at the bottom of my phone number. It seems like that's where the wiper is hitting. Plus, it didn't start doing that until winter and FREEZING weather here. I don't think its from the defroster, as that's not where the "line" is in the window.

I can't complain, though...as it has been on for a long time, and I think it was the combo of freezing cold and the wiper hitting the letters. But, for both of you guys, I would have her remake your lettering and try again maybe. Sorry you are not having as good of luck as I did!

ameliasurf said:

how many times has this happened and a person got sued as a company not an individual?

Just wondering!

because i would like to put decals on my car, but i want to make an educated decision on this before i do it
I would check with your insurance carrier if this worries you...

I put mine on in November (from Jerisigns) and 4 of the letters are starting to peel. I am going to e-mail her. I would be happy if she just replaced the few letters. Although, if I did it all over, I would make it bigger.

I agree, with thefew letters, but I dont think I would have such great placement lol

But I think what Kelly said may be right, the defroster. I didnt think about that! I dont have a rear wiper, so I KNOW its not that. And its been cold here, so that may be the reason. My defroster lines go all the way up the window. (I have a new beetle). HMM

I dont think I will be trying it again, but I WOULD like it perhaps if it was like a decal (that would be moveable on and off in the inside of the window).

It was nice while it lasted, although I guess it won't last forever.......

Vanessa...I DON'T think mine is from the defroster....the lines go all the way up my rear window, but where the letters are coming off (just on the very bottom of the phone number) are not close to one of the defroster lines. I really think mine are coming off cuz they were so cold, and then the wiper hit the edge of them. I have been VERY careful when clearing off snow, etc so that I didn't hit them with my snow brush/scraper, but I am certain it's from the cold!

Thanks for your thoughts! It does clarify it a bit more. Jeri was nice to offer me replacement, but at this point with the cold weather, I am leary to try again!

DH offered to buy me a convertible for my bday and I was like, we can wait, I just put the decal on my car. Now, I guess I can reconsider that offer!! :)

If it helps any, I have mine on my car, but I'm in TX with no snow/extreme temps... and mine looks perfect.

ameliasurf said:

Just wondering!

Funny you should ask, I just called my Insurance Agent to confirm, because I really like the new decal Merrill is selling.

She called the underwriter and was told that it changes your car to a Business Class, but one of the lower classes, so it would be more if you were transporting people, but still once you slap that logo on the car, it becomes a Business Vehicle.

She said it would be anywhere between $30 and $50 more per year for the insurance (I drive a 2007 Ford Taurus, so that's not bad) BUT (and I didn't even think of this one) she said that I would be required to change my plates to commercial plates or if I were stopped by a cop they could tow my car. So I looked at commercial plates and they cost $100 per year, here in MA.

Again, these may be the laws in Massachusetts, so I would call your own Insurance Agent to determine what you may need to do, to make sure your doing everything the right way.

Last edited:
yeah i called my insurance agent and he said that it also would change it $50 a year but he didn't say anything about commerical plates. all he said is that my personal insurance would have a business endorsement on it.

I am going to post another thread, but wanted to let everyone know that I'm such a dummy & didn't even think about this. My b/f's mother does these kinds of signs, just like Jeri Signs. She has had one on her van for 4 years advertising her business and the sign is still sticking!! PM if your interested in getting one and what size & color and I'll get a price for you!!She also offers many other things (of course w/out the PC logo) such as magnetic signs, invitations, banners, etc. Like I said, just PM me if you want anything & I'll get a quote for you!

I went to JeriSigns.com and placed an order two weeks ago and havent had a reply yet. I also sent a question after 1 week and didnt get a reply to that either. I decided to cancel my order maybe I can find someone else that will reply faster than 2 weeks and that doesn't overcharge not that JeriSigns overcharges but some of my local places overcharge for custom work, had a quote of $13.50 for a sign that was 2" h X 6" w.

***EDIT***
OK as soon as I post this I get an email that JeriSigns is working on my sign. I get a little over anxious sometimes.

Last edited:
Jeri is an great person. She does answer emails quickly which I am surprised she didnt.

As posted on the other thread, Jeri made good on her sign, that when I emailed her to tell her some letters were peeling off.

We concluded that is was the skinny lettering I had choosen. She said she will use thick lettering now for all PC'ers.

Good luck! It really is eye catching!

Yeah I noticed in my proof that my lettering looked thicker, at least I know it will last a while now.

That logo really looks great! Good luck with it....I'm sure it will pay for itself! Can't believe it was only $25! That's quite a deal!

I just put my logo on today, and of course I screwed it up. So it's on ok for now and I just ordered another one from Merrill. I also ordered my website and phone number from jerisigns. I can't wait to get them!!!

Bumping.....did you guys see that the Merrill ones are $5 off this month? I'm debating on getting one...you actually get 2 for the price.

lacychef said:
Bumping.....did you guys see that the Merrill ones are $5 off this month? I'm debating on getting one...you actually get 2 for the price.
Someone in my cluster just ordered hers yesterday...she is very excited that she will have a free "backup" since you get two!

I will be curious to see how the font sizing and everything is!

I ordered mine from Merrill yesterday also. Can't wait to see them!

I was debating the Merrill ones for the side-rear windows on my new van...but in measuring the windows and considering the size they are stating, it seems theirs are too small. My windows are 36" x 18.5"

I just ordered small car magnets from Vista print. they were having a "free" special on them again.

so have yougot any response from the decals?

Bumping because I don't have time to read 10 pages.If you go to Jeri signs, you see my friend's car ... she has gotten lots of response!I worry about covering my whole window of my car like she does!Which do you reccomend for my Intrepid ... a side magnet or a back window design?

I am with a company who sells window decals for a good price.
I hope this isn't considered self-promotion, but I just wanted to pass it on b/c I get lots of response for PC!

PM me for details.

I got mine at vistaprint at half off- 2 large ones for $12. Of course they do not have the PC logo on them. 19"x 12" I got them in the other day and then realized my windows are tinted. They need to go on outside, so I then had to reorder. But I love them.

And I am leary of magnets b/c if you go fast enough, they might fly off (happened to my recruit). Also, you need to make sure that no dirt or water gets under them, b/c it will ruin your paint.

I have Ford Focus and it looks great on there!!!

niclowther said:
I got mine at vistaprint at half off- 2 large ones for $12. Of course they do not have the PC logo on them. 19"x 12" I got them in the other day and then realized my windows are tinted. They need to go on outside, so I then had to reorder. But I love them.

And I am leary of magnets b/c if you go fast enough, they might fly off (happened to my recruit). Also, you need to make sure that no dirt or water gets under them, b/c it will ruin your paint.

Plus, the instructions for magnets tell you to remove the magnets every couple of days to clean around the area....uh. No thanks. :D I bought one cheap through Vista so I can slap it on my DH car when I'm driving it, but that's about it.

<h2>1. Can I use the Pampered Chef decal on my car for business leads?</h2><p>Yes, you can definitely use the Pampered Chef decal on your car for business leads. It's a great way to get your name and brand out there while you're on the road.</p><h2>2. Where can I get a Pampered Chef decal for my car?</h2><p>You can purchase a Pampered Chef decal from your local Pampered Chef consultant or from the official Pampered Chef website. You can also find them from third-party retailers such as JeriSigns.com.</p><h2>3. How can a decal on my car help generate leads for my Pampered Chef business?</h2><p>A decal on your car can help generate leads by bringing attention to your business while you're driving around. People who see your decal may be interested in learning more about Pampered Chef and may contact you for more information or to place an order.</p><h2>4. Is it worth investing in a Pampered Chef decal for my car?</h2><p>Yes, investing in a Pampered Chef decal for your car can be worth it. It's a relatively inexpensive way to advertise your business and can potentially bring in new leads and customers.</p><h2>5. Can I customize the Pampered Chef decal for my car?</h2><p>Yes, you can customize the Pampered Chef decal for your car. Many third-party retailers offer customizable options, such as adding your name or contact information to the decal. You can also create your own design or logo and have it made into a decal for your car.</p>

1. Can I use the Pampered Chef decal on my car for business leads?

Yes, you can definitely use the Pampered Chef decal on your car for business leads. It's a great way to get your name and brand out there while you're on the road.

2. Where can I get a Pampered Chef decal for my car?

You can purchase a Pampered Chef decal from your local Pampered Chef consultant or from the official Pampered Chef website. You can also find them from third-party retailers such as JeriSigns.com.

3. How can a decal on my car help generate leads for my Pampered Chef business?

A decal on your car can help generate leads by bringing attention to your business while you're driving around. People who see your decal may be interested in learning more about Pampered Chef and may contact you for more information or to place an order.

4. Is it worth investing in a Pampered Chef decal for my car?

Yes, investing in a Pampered Chef decal for your car can be worth it. It's a relatively inexpensive way to advertise your business and can potentially bring in new leads and customers.

5. Can I customize the Pampered Chef decal for my car?

Yes, you can customize the Pampered Chef decal for your car. Many third-party retailers offer customizable options, such as adding your name or contact information to the decal. You can also create your own design or logo and have it made into a decal for your car.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
sfdavis918
Replies
Views
NooraK