• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Received Unexpected Applause at the End of a Presentation?

In summary, Joanne had a show tonight and received applause from her guests. Rae had never experienced this before, and Lisa thinks it is a nice compliment.
ChefinHarmony
Had a show tonight - it went really well - you know, I was very comfortable, full of tips, graceful (not common!) etc.

Here's the funny/weird part..... At the end, I wrapped it up and said "well that concludes my presentation and...." Before I could finish, do you know that all the guests started clapping for me?!?!?! I thought it was the weirdest thing! I have never had that happen - they were serious, not joking! I thought it was funny, so I started laughing and said "Ok, I've never received an applause!" Then I think I embarrassed them - so they started joking - hooting & hollering. It was comical! They did comment that I did well, know my stuff, etc. But clapping out loud?!?! Weird.

Didn't know if any of you have ever experienced something like that! Just HAD to share!:D
Joanne

Aw....I have never and you should be SO flattered!!!! That's awesome!!

Never had that happen to me either...had people tell me I did a good job...but applause? NEVER! I would have been flattered, but probably a little embarrassed. You must have been a SUPER consultant! Great Job!!!

Actually, this has happened to me several times. I smile, give a little curtsie, and thank them saying, "I'm so glad you all had a good time. That's my definition of a successful show."I know it seems a little embarrasing, but try to accept it as an expression of their appreciation. Unfortunately, there are a few boring PC consultants out there. (I would assume they have never taken any of the advice offered on this site!) After my show yesterday, a woman came up to me and said that the PC shows she had been to in the past had been very boring. She almost didn't come, but she was so glad she did. She had fun at my show. Your guests obviously had fun. Congratulations!

This happened to me when I did my first show for some friends. It was kind of embarrassing, but encouraging too! Take it as a compliment!

That's awesome, good for you! I've never had that happen at one of my shows...but can only imagine how great that must feel.

Rae I would love to hear more about what your demo is like to receive clapping from your guests on a regular basis? What a compliment to your show!!

For those of you receiving applause I think I need to attend one of you shows! I've had compliments before but not applause. Not sure how I would react to that. I'd probably laugh too.

That's great!

That's wonderful! You must have done a great job. It reminds me of the chef's at the Japanese Steakhouses that cook your food in front of you. My friends & I always applaude them since they are entertaining us as well as preparing our food! You must be a true professional!

Yes, I've gotten applause before. I think I reacted like you did the first time it happened. I was a little shocked and embarrassed. After that I did what Rae Bates does whenever it's happened. It's pretty cool! It let's you know you are dong a good job.

Not only have I never had applause, but I have had dead silence at the end of my presentation. Now, that is weird!

COOL! I hope it happens LOTS more times.

I think that happened to me for my 1st or 2nd show because I told them it was one of my firsts so they clapped for me!

ChefinHarmony - Stand up and take a bow to your fellow PC consultants here - obviously you did well! :) Good job!

What a nice feeling Joanne isn't it! Very encouraging and appreciative.

I've had applause before and I agree that it is a bit weird. I feel like I am just doing my job, I don't clap when I receive good service at a restaurant :) It is a nice feeling so bask in that glow for a while :)

One of the sweetest things that has happened at some of my shows is when the host hugs me good bye...like they are saying goodbye to a friend. Really makes you feel good :)

That is so cute!!! I want applause, too!
http://espacioforos.miarroba.com/21494/Caretos/clapping.gif

Lisa~

I agree! It is so nice when they treat you like you are a close friend! I love it when I connect with someone like that!

I have never gotten applause, either. Sounds like you must do a great show!

Joanne, it happened to me today! And I don't even feel it was one of my best presentations! It's sweet but a little weird :)

Lisa I agree, I love when the hosts hug me, especially when I don't even know them that well!

chefheather said:
Rae I would love to hear more about what your demo is like to receive clapping from your guests on a regular basis? What a compliment to your show!!

Thanks. I don't know that I do anything particularly spectacular. I have a very interactive show, I share oodles of tips, and I keep people laughing. (I have a ton of strange stories. If you knew me, you wouldn't be at all surprised.)

Maybe I just have good crowds.

Related to Have You Ever Received Unexpected Applause at the End of a Presentation?

1. What causes my non-stick pan to start sticking?

There are a few common reasons why your non-stick pan may start to stick. One possibility is that the non-stick coating has worn off over time and needs to be replaced. Another reason could be that the pan has been exposed to high heat, which can cause the non-stick coating to break down. It's also important to use the correct utensils when cooking with a non-stick pan, as metal utensils can scratch the coating and cause it to lose its non-stick properties.

2. How can I prevent my cutting board from sliding around while I'm using it?

To prevent your cutting board from sliding around while you're using it, try placing a damp paper towel or kitchen towel underneath it. This will create a more stable surface and prevent the cutting board from moving. You can also purchase a cutting board with non-slip grips on the bottom, or use a kitchen mat with a non-slip surface.

3. Why do my baked goods sometimes come out unevenly cooked?

Unevenly cooked baked goods can be caused by a few different factors. One common reason is that your oven temperature may not be accurate, so it's important to regularly calibrate your oven or use an oven thermometer. Another possibility is that you're using a dark or non-stick pan, which can cause the bottom of your baked goods to cook faster than the top. To prevent this, you can use a lighter-colored pan or reduce the oven temperature slightly.

4. How do I know when my meat is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure that your meat is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. Different types of meat require different internal temperatures for safe consumption, so it's important to refer to a temperature guide for the specific type of meat you're cooking. You can also check for doneness by using a fork to pierce the thickest part of the meat - if the juices run clear, it's most likely fully cooked.

5. What's the best way to clean my stoneware baking dish?

To clean your stoneware baking dish, first let it cool completely. Then, use a plastic scraper or brush to remove any food residue. You can also use warm water and a gentle soap if needed. It's important to avoid using harsh chemicals or metal utensils on stoneware, as they can damage the surface. To remove stubborn stains, you can make a paste with baking soda and water and let it sit on the stain for a few hours before scrubbing it off. Always make sure to dry your stoneware thoroughly before storing it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cindylpal
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
starrmarie
  • MLinAZ