• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ever Have the Host Giver Her Baby a Bath During Your Show?

In summary, the conversation was about strange and funny experiences with hosting parties. One person shared about a host giving her child a bath during the party, while another talked about a host leaving to pick up and deliver kids to different locations. Other stories included a host doing laundry during the show and a former consultant's mother-in-law distracting guests during the presentation. There was also a story about a host coming out in a towel to help with the show and a cat and dog causing some chaos during a party. The group shared their own experiences and found humor in the situations.
gailz2
Gold Member
I had a show last night (it will end up about $450 I think) and she had never been to or given a PC party before. After I'd done the demo, people were eating and ordering, I noticed she had slipped into the bathroom and gave her 2 y.o. a bath! Not that I needed her, but I was amazed. A bit funny I thought.

Dedicated momma? Routine and all! lol

That is funny!!!

No, but I did have a host leave her party to go pick up and deliver kids to different locations. Very strange...the guests left too, and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do...being left alone in someone else's house. It was weird.

For a minute I thought she gave the little one a bath in the kitchen sink while you did the show. LOL

I need more sleep.

ChefBeckyD said:
No, but I did have a host leave her party to go pick up and deliver kids to different locations. Very strange...the guests left too, and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do...being left alone in someone else's house. It was weird.

that is definitely weirder than the host giving the baby a bath. too funny! how long were they all gone?

My stepmom was doing laundry during the show she hosted for me.

gailz2 said:
that is definitely weirder than the host giving the baby a bath. too funny! how long were they all gone?

Well, the show was done, and I was taking orders...and she just left. The guests placed their orders and left, and so I just cleaned up my stuff, packed up and left too...I don't know when the host made it home.

Becky D.

I can't imagine! lol I wouldn't have know what to do.....geez.

Well, better than TAKING a bath during your show, LOL

Nanisu said:
Well, better than TAKING a bath during your show, LOL

Oh - that reminds me...(do this business long enough, and you'll see it all!) one time I got to a host's house, and her husband let me in. He told me his wife was taking a shower, and would be down soon.

Yep - pretty soon she came strolling into the kitchen - wearing nothing but a skimpy bath towel. She proceeded to help get ingredients out for me, using one hand to keep her towel wrapped around her. She was chatting with me the whole time like nothing was odd about this. All of a sudden, she looked at the clock, and said "Oh, I better go get dressed before people get here!"

I guess I didn't qualify as "people".:rolleyes:

LOL...I read this thread earlier today and while I was at my show, I just couldn't wait to get home to type this up. LOL

Mine is not nearly as bad as all that ....but the M-I-L is a former consultant so I was already nervous (since I am kind of a newbie) but she was nice-enough. But the whole time I am doing my thing, she is talking to the various guests about random things---spa parties, candle parties, her grandkids---while I'm talking. Oh and by the way, I am trying to talk OVER the television that is behind the guests b/c I could tell some of them were straining to hear me. And the TV had to be on because the kids were in and out watching it. And about 3 times the husband (son of the consultant) kept asking me about Tastefully Simple products. I offered him a business card of someone I know. LOL

All of this after the cat had walked across the counter and the dog licked my spatula.

(and yes I cleaned both!)

I think Ann has a better (or much, much worse) story. . . .:D :yuck: :eek:

diradt said:
LOL...I read this thread earlier today and while I was at my show, I just couldn't wait to get home to type this up. LOLMine is not nearly as bad as all that ....but the M-I-L is a former consultant so I was already nervous (since I am kind of a newbie) but she was nice-enough. But the whole time I am doing my thing, she is talking to the various guests about random things---spa parties, candle parties, her grandkids---while I'm talking. Oh and by the way, I am trying to talk OVER the television that is behind the guests b/c I could tell some of them were straining to hear me. And the TV had to be on because the kids were in and out watching it. And about 3 times the husband (son of the consultant) kept asking me about Tastefully Simple products. I offered him a business card of someone I know. LOLAll of this after the cat had walked across the counter and the dog licked my spatula.(and yes I cleaned both!)
:eek: :eek: :yuck: :cry: (you poor thing!) I hate when animals come to my bags and try sniffing everything. Yuck!

Last edited:
My sister's SIL hosted for me. Well, when I got there she had just woken up. There was a goat IN THE HOUSE, and dog hair ALL OVER the floor! I didn't want to even set down my bags! She was like "Oh my--my husband let me sleep in!" Hello? Can we say ALARM CLOCK?! Her kids were being good and the house really was tidy, it was just filthy! She lives out in farm country and has goats, apparently one got in that morning. There was also goat milk on the counter, she had to point out to me that it was special for their baby goat...not for us to confuse w/ our recipe ingredients.She had a great show, good turnout, great orders. But that beginning was something else!

babywings76 said:
My sister's SIL hosted for me. Well, when I got there she had just woken up. There was a goat IN THE HOUSE, and dog hair ALL OVER the floor! I didn't want to even set down my bags! She was like "Oh my--my husband let me sleep in!" Hello? Can we say ALARM CLOCK?! Her kids were being good and the house really was tidy, it was just filthy! She lives out in farm country and has goats, apparently one got in that morning. There was also goat milk on the counter, she had to point out to me that it was special for their baby goat...not for us to confuse w/ our recipe ingredients.

She had a great show, good turnout, great orders. But that beginning was something else!

LOL A goat!!!

Crystal Patton said:
For a minute I thought she gave the little one a bath in the kitchen sink while you did the show. LOL

I need more sleep.

actually that was what I was picturing too! lol.

babywings76 said:
My sister's SIL hosted for me. Well, when I got there she had just woken up. There was a goat IN THE HOUSE, and dog hair ALL OVER the floor! I didn't want to even set down my bags! She was like "Oh my--my husband let me sleep in!" Hello? Can we say ALARM CLOCK?! Her kids were being good and the house really was tidy, it was just filthy! She lives out in farm country and has goats, apparently one got in that morning. There was also goat milk on the counter, she had to point out to me that it was special for their baby goat...not for us to confuse w/ our recipe ingredients.

She had a great show, good turnout, great orders. But that beginning was something else!

Egads -- a goat in the house? I'm so glad to hear others have had weird experiences, as well. I couldn't imagine the one where the host left and so did everyone else, leaving the consultant in the house alone to pack up and leave.

The longer you do this, the more weird things you'll experience. I'm not even going to mention the "potty party" because it's so gross. ;)

Well now ChefAnn....that is just a tease....lay it on us!

diradt said:

THAT is a whole other thread!

Seriously - look it up. But have tissue handy, 'cause you will laugh till you cry.

diradt said:

Link please!

Thanks for finding that for me, Jodi. And it's the good one because it's the follow-up post with the continuing saga. :)

Egads!! Yes, we should write a book!! No, on second thought, people would be scared to become a consultant!! Thanks for the laughs! Ann, I think I would have thrown up and had to leave their darn potty party!!

What are the safety precautions for having a baby at a Pampered Chef show?

Before the show begins, it is important to ask the host if there will be a baby present. If so, make sure to designate a safe area for the baby to be during the demonstration. Keep all hot appliances and sharp utensils out of reach of the baby. It is also a good idea to have a designated adult present to watch the baby during the show.

Can the baby be involved in the cooking demonstrations?

It is not recommended to have the baby involved in any cooking demonstrations. This is for the safety of the baby and also to ensure that the demonstration runs smoothly without any distractions or interruptions.

What if the baby needs to be fed or changed during the show?

If the baby needs to be fed or changed during the show, it is best to have the designated adult take care of these needs in a separate area. This ensures that the host and guests can fully focus on the demonstration without any distractions.

Are there any special products or tools available for cooking with a baby present?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products and tools that are safe and convenient to use while cooking with a baby present. Some examples include the Quick Slice, which allows for one-handed slicing, and the Cool & Serve Square Tray, which keeps food cold without the need for ice.

What should I do if the baby becomes fussy during the show?

If the baby becomes fussy during the show, it is best to have the designated adult take care of the baby in a separate area. This allows the demonstration to continue without any disruptions. It is also a good idea to have some toys or activities available to keep the baby entertained during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• abell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
abell
  • keynibear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • MLinAZ