1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Ever have the host giver her baby a bath during your show?

1. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I had a show last night (it will end up about $450 I think) and she had never been to or given a PC party before. After I'd done the demo, people were eating and ordering, I noticed she had slipped into the bathroom and gave her 2 y.o. a bath! Not that I needed her, but I was amazed. A bit funny I thought.

Jun 7, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Dedicated momma? Routine and all! lol

3. pampered.chris

pampered.chris Veteran Member Gold Member

That is funny!!!

4. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

No, but I did have a host leave her party to go pick up and deliver kids to different locations. Very strange...the guests left too, and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do...being left alone in someone else's house. It was weird.

Jun 7, 2009
  5. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

For a minute I thought she gave the little one a bath in the kitchen sink while you did the show. LOL

I need more sleep.

6. gailz2

that is definitely weirder than the host giving the baby a bath. too funny! how long were they all gone?

Jun 7, 2009
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

My stepmom was doing laundry during the show she hosted for me.

Jun 7, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

Well, the show was done, and I was taking orders...and she just left. The guests placed their orders and left, and so I just cleaned up my stuff, packed up and left too...I don't know when the host made it home.

Jun 7, 2009
  9. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Becky D.

I can't imagine! lol I wouldn't have know what to do.....geez.

10. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Well, better than TAKING a bath during your show, LOL

Jun 7, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

Oh - that reminds me...(do this business long enough, and you'll see it all!) one time I got to a host's house, and her husband let me in. He told me his wife was taking a shower, and would be down soon.

Yep - pretty soon she came strolling into the kitchen - wearing nothing but a skimpy bath towel. She proceeded to help get ingredients out for me, using one hand to keep her towel wrapped around her. She was chatting with me the whole time like nothing was odd about this. All of a sudden, she looked at the clock, and said "Oh, I better go get dressed before people get here!"

I guess I didn't qualify as "people".:rolleyes:

Jun 7, 2009
  12. diradt

diradt Member

LOL...I read this thread earlier today and while I was at my show, I just couldn't wait to get home to type this up. LOL

Mine is not nearly as bad as all that ....but the M-I-L is a former consultant so I was already nervous (since I am kind of a newbie) but she was nice-enough. But the whole time I am doing my thing, she is talking to the various guests about random things---spa parties, candle parties, her grandkids---while I'm talking. Oh and by the way, I am trying to talk OVER the television that is behind the guests b/c I could tell some of them were straining to hear me. And the TV had to be on because the kids were in and out watching it. And about 3 times the husband (son of the consultant) kept asking me about Tastefully Simple products. I offered him a business card of someone I know. LOL

All of this after the cat had walked across the counter and the dog licked my spatula.

(and yes I cleaned both!)

Jun 7, 2009
  13. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Legacy Member Gold Member

I think Ann has a better (or much, much worse) story. . . .:D :yuck: :eek:

Jun 7, 2009
  14. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

:eek: :eek: :yuck: :cry: (you poor thing!) I hate when animals come to my bags and try sniffing everything. Yuck!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
    Jun 7, 2009
  15. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

My sister's SIL hosted for me. Well, when I got there she had just woken up. There was a goat IN THE HOUSE, and dog hair ALL OVER the floor! I didn't want to even set down my bags! She was like "Oh my--my husband let me sleep in!" Hello? Can we say ALARM CLOCK?! Her kids were being good and the house really was tidy, it was just filthy! She lives out in farm country and has goats, apparently one got in that morning. There was also goat milk on the counter, she had to point out to me that it was special for their baby goat...not for us to confuse w/ our recipe ingredients.

She had a great show, good turnout, great orders. But that beginning was something else!

Jun 7, 2009
  16. diradt

diradt Member

LOL A goat!!!

Jun 7, 2009
  17. sk8rgrrl99

sk8rgrrl99 Member

actually that was what I was picturing too! lol.

Jun 7, 2009
  18. gailz2

Egads -- a goat in the house? I'm so glad to hear others have had weird experiences, as well. I couldn't imagine the one where the host left and so did everyone else, leaving the consultant in the house alone to pack up and leave.

Jun 8, 2009
  19. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The longer you do this, the more weird things you'll experience.

I'm not even going to mention the "potty party" because it's so gross. ;)

Jun 8, 2009
  20. diradt

diradt Member

Well now ChefAnn....that is just a tease....lay it on us!

Jun 8, 2009
  21. Crystal Patton

Crystal Patton Advanced Member

THAT is a whole other thread!

Seriously - look it up. But have tissue handy, 'cause you will laugh till you cry.

22. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Link please!

23. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Thanks for finding that for me, Jodi. And it's the good one because it's the follow-up post with the continuing saga. :)

Jun 9, 2009
  24. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

Egads!! Yes, we should write a book!! No, on second thought, people would be scared to become a consultant!! Thanks for the laughs! Ann, I think I would have thrown up and had to leave their darn potty party!!

Jun 9, 2009
Have something to add?