• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Injured Yourself at a Show?

in the fridge. I bumped my head on the door and got a huge headache. I put my head between my legs and tried to take deep breaths. I opened the fridge and the brownies were gone. I didn't have a chance to eat them.
nikkijo
Has anyone ever injured themselves at a show? I tend to only do that at friends/families shows! lol!

The first time was about 7 months ago I was opening up a cool whip container and I was using the slice and serve...well DUH the tip is not sharp and I cut my finger pretty good.

The other time was last week. I made the Turtle skillet cake and when I flipped it over the handle of the pan hit my arm. I now have a pretty burn that will leave a nice pink scar.

Anyone else want to share or am I the only clutz?

I cut my finger pretty good with the Chef's Knife (with sharpening case - not the forged thank God!) at my MIL's show. Ironically, I had just given my "a sharp knife is a safe knife" speech, and was talking while slicing green onions. I didn't look where I was cutting and cut my finger. We didn't use the onions in the salad. :) Luckily, I had gloves in my kit, so I put a bandaid on as tight as I could get it (to stop the bleeding), and put a glove on to keep the blood off things when I took orders.

Funny you should ask....I burned myself last night making the garlic pull apart bread. I made it so that it was ready when we started. Everyone was standing in the kitchen getting something to drink before the show so I got their attention, flipped it over, everyone ooh-ed, and sat the saute pan on the stove. Turned to pass the bread and then noticed the handle hanging off the edge....yep...GRABBED it and burned the palm of my hand!! :cry: It hurt and was pink during the show. By the time I got home had a lovely red burn mark :(

Oh yes...I too had just shown how the chef's knive sharpens in the sharpening case. A lady in the front row had chills from the blade making the shwing noise that it makes. I had the "have no fear, Little Lady" attitude...then not 2 minutes later cut a deep cut in my finger. I had to have someone else finish the recipe while I applied enough pressure so I did not drip all over the floor (which was tile, thank God!!) No stitches needed, but it was questionable!:yuck:

Nikki~

What does your siggy line mean? Sorry if I am missing something obvious!!

Rather then typing out the whole story of my experience I've added the link. It's 12:30 here and I'm feeling way too tired and lazy ;) Now that I read it over a year later it's too funny - of course it wasn't then though! Thought it would give you a smile and help you know you're not alone :)

http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/usg-what-flippin-klutz-i-am-9488/

Years ago I cut my finger pretty bad with the old cork screw. how? I have no idea. Anyway at that time everyone was coming up to play with all the tools, so I had kinda twisted my apron around my finger and pressed it against my hip to apply pressure. A few minutes later, someone said, she is bleeding alot, before I knew it, my arm was up with a towel wrapped around my finger, somehow with out me knowing they got my apron off. I asked them where my apron was and the host said, oh it is in the washing machine so the blood doesnt stain it. Once I stopped bleeding, everyone continued playing with the tools then they washed everything, packed my crate and put everything in my car. The host said she would get my apron to me when we closed the show 'cause she didn't want to send me home w/ a wet apron. I left with over 700 in orders, 2 days later we closed the show at a little over 900, and she had my apron waiting for me all clean and pressed. Needless to say, when I got home, I added a piece of stoneware to her order from me as a gift. I guess thats what happens when there are 4 nurses in the audience. I still have the scar on my finger from the show. Luckily I have not bleed at anyother shows. Knock on wood.

And, I bet they always think of you when they think of PC. Way to make an impression!

KellyTheChef said:
Nikki~

What does your siggy line mean? Sorry if I am missing something obvious!!

I just found out last night myself....from the stripper thread.

ice cream club...we meet every night at the fridge :cool:

Last Friday, I was placing the warm nutty caramel brownies in the oven. At home, I can open my oven half way and it stays open while I put something in it. This is a habit I have gotten into to b/c I have small children & it seems safer than opening it all the way. Well, apparently not all ovens stay open...The oven popped up and caught the underside of my arm by the elbow. I couldn't drop the brownies, so I bumped the oven with the arm to try to open it so I could put the brownies in and it just kept on my arm until I could set the brownies down & get my arm out. The kitchen was detached so nobody was in there to help me, unless I SCREAMED. I quickly ran it under cold water at the sink & continued the show. It turned out to be a 2nd & 3rd degree burn. I have been putting silvadene(sp) and neosporin on it & keeping it covered with gauze.

Update since posting: I went to the doctor today b/c it is starting to get mildly infected. So a round of antibiotics and a tentus shot...

Last edited:
Glad to see that I'm not the only klutz :rolleyes: at least so far everyone is not critically injured!

Mine wasn't exactly an injury, but it sucked, no less. The second show I ever did started well, at least for the first 3 minutes. Literally, 3 minutes into my show I started coughing, and coughing, and coughing. I was turning red and my eyes were watering. I wasn't choking, but I just couldn't stop. I was doing the demo in the living room, so I put up my finger in a "just give me a minute" type af gesture and went into the kitchen. And continued to cough, and then proceded into the bathroom to try to cough up a lung with a little more privacy. It was about 10 minutes before I could return to the demo. And then I waould start to cough again every now and then. I could speak very little and only in short sentances or I would start again.

Well, I'm not sure why they all weren't calling the CDC or really even checking to see if I was ok, but they all ate the food I made and then the guests spent around $850 and the host spent $500+ and I got 2 more bookings. Maybe they just felt bad for me.

Anyway, I finally went to the doctor about a week later only to find out I had Bronchitis. I'm pretty sure none of the guests got sick.

I had an interesting first couple of shows. I posted a story on the Filthiest Kitchen thread, too.

At one of my shows there was projectile vomiting. The host's daughter came out of her room and, well, I don't need to give you the details. Except for that it landed on my demo table. How I didn't throw up , I don't know, I have a very weak stomach and very bad gag reflexes. Luckily the host cleaned my tools. I did have good sales at the show but no one ate any thing.

I drank a glass of wine or two with my host while prepping (she is a good friend of mine) and then during my demo, I had everyone pumped up and laughing and particiapting...I didn 't even stop to watch my thumbs firmly pressed down on the apple wedger only to see a blood bath everywhere. I had the apple wedger upside down. So those razor like blades sliced open both thumbs..... It was pretty funny, but I was in so much pain, and it wouldn't stop bleeding, so my host finished the demo. I recruited that night!

At my second show (my mother hosted) I cut myself on a tin can. Now that I'm more experienced I realize that it could have been a perfect lead-in to talk up the PC can opener!

I cut myself with a knife one time, but not bad and was able to cover it up from the guests. I think I actually sliced my fingernail, so, I did not bleed. and Yes I got the finger nail and it was not in the food!!:D

What should I do if I injure myself at a show?

If you sustain an injury at a Pampered Chef show, please seek medical attention if necessary. You should also notify the host or consultant and fill out an incident report form.

Will Pampered Chef cover my medical expenses if I am injured at a show?

No, Pampered Chef does not cover any medical expenses for injuries sustained at a show. However, we do have liability insurance that covers any damages caused by a Pampered Chef product or demonstration.

Can I file a lawsuit against Pampered Chef if I am injured at a show?

Pampered Chef has a waiver that all hosts must sign before a show. This waiver releases Pampered Chef from any liability in case of an injury. However, if you believe that your injury was caused by a faulty product or negligence on the part of Pampered Chef, you may contact our customer service team for further assistance.

What safety measures are in place to prevent injuries at shows?

Pampered Chef consultants undergo extensive training on product safety and proper demonstration techniques to prevent injuries. Our products also go through rigorous testing to ensure they meet safety standards. Additionally, we have a team dedicated to monitoring safety concerns and making necessary improvements.

Can I still host a show if I have a pre-existing injury or condition?

If you have a pre-existing injury or condition, please inform the consultant before the show. They will work with you to find alternative demonstrations or activities to ensure your safety and comfort. However, if you feel uncomfortable hosting a show, you can always reschedule for a later date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • DMB75