• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Had to Reschedule on a Host?

In summary, the conversation was about the challenges of working a full-time job with shift work while also being a consultant for a company. The speaker is worried about having to work on the day of a scheduled show due to their unpredictable work schedule. They also mention being in the military and having to get permission to work a part-time job. Other members of the conversation offer advice and share their own experiences with having to reschedule shows due to unexpected events. Overall, the topic is about managing work and personal commitments while also being a consultant.
DMB75
I work a full time job that requires me to work shift work. I've been lucky so for that my couple of shows have been when I'm off, but my shift work changes and at anytime my supervisor can call me and tell me he needs to switch my shifts. I'm so worried that he's going to tell me I have to work on a day/night that I'm doing a show. Has this ever happened to anyone? Have you ever had to explain to a host that you need to move her show?

Donna

DMB75 said:
I work a full time job that requires me to work shift work. I've been lucky so for that my couple of shows have been when I'm off, but my shift work changes and at anytime my supervisor can call me and tell me he needs to switch my shifts. I'm so worried that he's going to tell me I have to work on a day/night that I'm doing a show. Has this ever happened to anyone? Have you ever had to explain to a host that you need to move her show?

Donna
Can't you just tell him that you have a show? What kind of work do you do?

chefkristin said:
Can't you just tell him that you have a show? What kind of work do you do?

I'm in the military. Prior to signing my contract with PC, I had to get permission from our Base Command to take on a part time job. I had to sign paperwork stating that it would not interfere with my job. Military comes first, even if i have a party scheduled. Maybe I'm the only one in this boat here. Most consultants on bases are dependents not military members.

I would let your hosts now in advance that it is a possibility that you would need to reschedule for them. I think if that should ever happen you should bring the ingredients as a consolation gift.

How often does that happen? How much notice does your supervisor normally give you? That could be a little tough to work through. Did you mention this situation to your recruiter (PC)? How did she help you work through the issue to sign you?

It hasn't happened at all yet. I was just wondering if it's happened to anyone else. It is a possiblity being in the military and my recruiter knows this because she's a military dependent. I haven't had any issues yet.

How much notice do you have? Say if it is 2 weeks, should you work with your hosts and let them know this, and plan to get the invites out right after that mark comes and goes?

In 13 years I've only had to reschedule 3 shows thye were all the same weekend and my dad died unexpectedly. I passed them off to my director & all my hosts told her they wanted to reschedule. I did call the hosts and explained the situation bit never asked them to wait until I was available. Wehn I came home all had left em a message thta we were going to rebook.
do you have a recruit or another consultant you can ask to do the show for you ?

jenniferknapp said:
How much notice do you have? Say if it is 2 weeks, should you work with your hosts and let them know this, and plan to get the invites out right after that mark comes and goes?

With the military they can call you, and tell you, you need to be in ASAP. I've been woken up many mornings at 0400am saying I needed to be by 0430am.

Like I said, it hasn't happened, I was just wondering if it's happened before. They can call me anytime and change without notice. I let all my hosts know that anything could change and I haven't had any problems.

I had to deal with this once. I had a show booked and my Dad decided to come for a visit last minute. I'm in MN he lives in NH so we do not see each other much. I passed on the show to my recruiter who split the bookings with me. My host was very understanding but the next time I saw her she did tell me next time she definetly wanted me to do her show! I thought it was an awesome compliment!
Just talk to your host. They have lives too and hopefully will be understanding.

Teresa Lynn said:
In 13 years I've only had to reschedule 3 shows thye were all the same weekend and my dad died unexpectedly. I passed them off to my director & all my hosts told her they wanted to reschedule. I did call the hosts and explained the situation bit never asked them to wait until I was available. Wehn I came home all had left em a message thta we were going to rebook.
do you have a recruit or another consultant you can ask to do the show for you ?

My recruiter lives over 4 hours away and I don't know anyone closer then her.

Good opportunity to recruit & start your own team !!

Teresa Lynn said:
Good opportunity to recruit & start your own team !!

Yes, and no, We only have about 140 US people here and they know that I'm the PC consultant. If I recruit anyone I would lose customers. I'm trying to recruite my friends and family in the states.

I am assuming that most of your shows would also be w/ Military? If that is the case, it seems that they would understand the last minute changes that may happen, and be willing to go with the flow?

ChefBeckyD said:
I am assuming that most of your shows would also be w/ Military? If that is the case, it seems that they would understand the last minute changes that may happen, and be willing to go with the flow?

That's very true.

Honesty is the BEST policy. I would explain to them why you need to reschedule, apologize profusely and then offer them either a rescheduled date or to pass them off to another consultant. Most will want YOU to do their show and most people are understanding.

I have had to reschedule one show and the host was very understanding. I was sick and didn't figure they would want me breathing close to the food they would be eating. I am just going to offer a few goodies to the hostess as a "Thank you and I'm sorry" gift.

Good Luck.

I would simply let people know your situation when you book. I am sure most people would understand. You could also offer if this happens: for the host to do a show that night without you - a catalog over coffee show and give her an extra $10 in FPV.

Related to Have You Ever Had to Reschedule on a Host?

1. Can I reschedule my party if something unexpected comes up?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, we understand that life happens and unexpected events may arise. Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to reschedule your party.

2. Will there be any fees for rescheduling my party?

No, there are no fees for rescheduling your party. We want to make sure your party is convenient for you and your guests.

3. How far in advance should I let you know if I need to reschedule my party?

We recommend letting us know at least 24 hours in advance if you need to reschedule your party. This will give us enough time to make necessary arrangements.

4. Can I still earn host rewards if I have to reschedule my party?

Absolutely! As long as your party is held within the designated party dates, you can still earn host rewards. We will work with you to find a new party date that works for both of us.

5. Will my guests be notified of the rescheduled party?

Yes, we will notify your guests of the new party date and time. We want to make sure everyone is aware of the changes and can still attend the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Nanisu
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies