• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has the Deep Covered Baker Been Your Most Successful Host Bonus?

In summary, the host bonus seems to be most successful when offered as a incentive for bookings prior to the show.
finley1991
The thread about the concerns with the January Host Bonus, I was just curious as to what has been the most successful Host Bonus for you in 2006 and 2007? And did it help with sales and/or bookings?

Cookware was awesome for me. I had the highest sales since I have been in the business in September.

For me, I'd say the cookware. At conference, I was actually IN the auditorium texting my friends/customers during the announcement and by the time the announcements were over I got two texts back saying they'd have shows!

I also like the stones, but not like last year when they had two in one year. That was a little much.

Oct Deep Covered Baker

For me, I don't sell the host bonus--it's just a BONUS! I sell our host program and the show experience and my results are based more on that than on what the bonus is for the month.

DebbieJ said:
For me, I don't sell the host bonus--it's just a BONUS! I sell our host program and the show experience and my results are based more on that than on what the bonus is for the month.

Me too... that's why I was curious because several have said that their booking success is tied to the bonus.

So far it's cookware and the DCB!

See, the Cookware has been the most successful month for me, but MANY of my Sept. hosts did NOT take it!

So, was it the excitment? Or was it the cookware?

BTW, when they had cookware in January, it was my worst month ever!

My best month ever was September. I would say it's because of the cookware, but not because the hosts necessarily were that excited about it. I was the one excited about it so I made a lot of calls to get bookings. Five of the six hosts took advantage of the great deal. Or was it 6 of the 7? I don't remember.
I know I got two November bookings because of the Appetizer Plates and Caddy set. The host from September wanted that and the oval platter, so two bookings.

My best is usually stoneware..especially when it is more than 1 piece.

Last year my best was the stoneware. When the open stock cookware was on special that was my worst month. This year Oct was my best month, but
I don't think it has anything to do with the special. Looking back over the past year, I think it has to do with my increase in experience and overall excitement about what is happening with PC (and my life.)

Thanks for asking though, it really made me look at what made me more successful in the past!

finley1991 said:
The thread about the concerns with the January Host Bonus, I was just curious as to what has been the most successful Host Bonus for you in 2006 and 2007? And did it help with sales and/or bookings?

Sale-a-thon has most to do with my booking success! lol. That's where I want to book them so I offer more shows than usual (or don't say no if someone wants a date when I've more than enough).

New catalog is also a draw for me ~ I book market it like crazy (be the 1st to share the new products), etc.

I also find guest specials to be a draw ~ I can tell my potentials that this is a good time to have a show b/c the guests will be excited about the spend-$60 free product, or whatever. :)

Like you, it's MY excitement. I do show potentials the future host specials though. Some hosts do want certain products, but you can always tell them it's always at least 50% off for $300 in sales. :)

Last January (my advanced director shared) was the worst sales for most everyone... Especially me! lol. So glad they went back to 1&1/2 benefits. Jan is tough to book I find.

I'm still such a newbie, so I can't really say what has been most successful. But I CAN say that everyone who sees the host special for December is very excited. I think the four shows that booked first were all because of the trifle bowl. A couple of those gals were considering moving to January, but they were concerned about hitting $500 right after Christmas in a tiny, non-materialistic town like ours.

When people approach me about doing shows it always seems that they're most interested in the 60% off bonus for each month before making their decision. If they have a ton of stoneware, then October wasn't very exciting for them. The host bonus excitement could be generated from me, though, because I usually do have print outs of the future month's host/guest specials so that they'll know.

My best times are linked to the season (after school starts, in the spring, when I'm no longer teaching, etc.) and to the new catalog. More timing than the host special although I did get a few extra catalog shows for the cookware.

Stoneware for my hosts!

Although the bonus is just that - a bonus.....I will say that the DCB filled up my Oct. Calendar.......but the DCB also filled up my Nov. calendar! I ran out of dates for Oct, so just started telling people that they could get it as a 1/2 price item any month that they host.....so my Oct bookings spilled into Nov! I talk about the host bonus just a little at the end of my show - when I am talking about all the great stuff you get when you host a show. Usually, it is the present host who gets her friends to book a certain month, because she wants the host bonus! It's the past host who gets the best deal from the host bonus IMO!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's the past host who gets the best deal from the host bonus IMO!

So true! At my show last weekend, the host got me a December booking b/c she wanted the Trifle Bowl. :)

I have 3 potential hosts that want cookware. Guess what? They did not choose Sept. to have their show. They will still be able to get it at 50% off so it is still a great deal! I don't account my successful months to the host special. It all depends on how I focus my bookings. I am really trying to fill up Nov. because of SAT so I have more than the past 2 months. I have plenty of hosts that don't care or ask or purchase the special anyway. I think that our host program is awesome & the monthly special is just an added bonus. I really don't see why there is so much complaint about January. I think it is a great deal. If the host wants the extra free products, she will work for it (ie. guest list, attendance, outside orders, etc.) All of that is her "job" anyway. It is my job to host coach her to do that & then get the sales at her show.

Deep Covered Baker! I got my record month in October.

Related to Has the Deep Covered Baker Been Your Most Successful Host Bonus?

What is the Most Successful Host Bonus?

The Most Successful Host Bonus is a special incentive program offered by Pampered Chef to reward our top-performing hosts. It is designed to provide additional benefits and rewards for hosting successful parties.

How does a host qualify for the Most Successful Host Bonus?

To qualify for the Most Successful Host Bonus, a host must have a minimum of $650 in guest sales, 2 bookings from their party, and at least one party booked before the end of their party's month. They must also have their party sales submitted by the 10th of the following month.

What are the benefits of the Most Successful Host Bonus?

The Most Successful Host Bonus offers a variety of benefits, including bonus free product credit, half-price items, host-exclusive products at a discounted price, and free shipping on their party order. These benefits increase as the host's party sales and bookings increase.

How often is the Most Successful Host Bonus offered?

The Most Successful Host Bonus is offered every month. Hosts have the opportunity to qualify for the bonus with each party they host.

Can a host earn the Most Successful Host Bonus multiple times?

Yes, a host can earn the Most Successful Host Bonus multiple times by hosting multiple successful parties and meeting the qualifying criteria each time. This allows hosts to earn even more rewards and benefits from their parties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krahema
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • karlene
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
heat123
  • Karen Weber