• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Sold a Cookware Set to a Guest?

In summary, this guest really wants the 10" saute pan and does not want to host a show...I have talked to her about it 2 times, I am going to try again and we will see.
soonerchef
I have a guest who bought the 8" saute pan in April, the same host is having a catalog show this month and the guest just e-mailed me and said "ok you have sold me a great piece of cookware. What is the next size up?" I replied to her and just gave her all of the info on the Executive Cookware and I am afraid that she will have some major sticker shock. So, if there is anyone out there that has sold more than one of the open stock pieces I would love to hear how you did it!

TIA

By the way, this order would make the catalog show great (if it's not a good order I don't know if this host will get to $150) as this host is somewhat of a PIA (and I say that lovingly as she is my SIL's SIL and we are very close, she just doesn't put in the effort as a host should).

At one of my first showsthere were only 2 people, 3rd was late. Late guest bought $700 in prof cookware and did not want to book a show. Was my first $1000.00 show!

Nope. I'm only in SS3, but when they show interest in a set, I always encourage a booking to earn it for half-price or discounted. I just sold a 12" Exec. skillet to a host because I cooked the pineapple upside down cake and her husband loved the last slice he got after the party. I think using the cookware in your demo is what sells it.

Jeanie Gay

This guest really wants the 10" saute pan and does not want to host a show...I have talked to her about it 2 times, I am going to try again and we will see.

Paulette, that is great...what was this guests motive? Just wanted the cookware?

If she wants it she will buy it. I don't pressure sale anyone. She already has a piece at home and knows she likes it. She knows that to get it for half-price she has to host, but she is not willing to do that. So add up her total for her and say, "Well Susie that would make your total $240.00 (or whatever it will be). Would you like to round-up for hunger?" Then she knows exactly how much she'll be spending and can make up her mind.

I have had guests buy larger pieces of the cookware before. I give them one chance. I will say, "You know the best way to get this is by hosting your own party. Then you can get it at half price." If they say no to a party once, I drop it! It is wonderful to have those guests that money is no object to as well as those guests who need to book a party to get what they want. We need both of them.

The only reason I am bringing up hosting again is because she was a bit more than a little tipsy at the show and she probably doesn't remember anyway, hehe!!

I agree with you that she will buy it if she wants it and that is where we sit right now, she is thinking about it. I gave her all of the options and she has to decide if it's worth it.

Well Good Luck!! I hope it will push you to the next level in Pan-O-Rama!!

I have had a past host buy the whole gen II set and a very good past customer buy a whole set also. I would just give her the total like it was posted before. Good Job!

In my fundraiser, I had a parent call me all excited because her friend ordered the set of exec. cookware, and a few other high priced items.!!! Sometime these people will surprise ya!!:)

I had 1 guest order the 5pc new executive set! By doing the cinnamon bites demo and they were impressed that I could cook it in the oven up to 400 degrees. Have had others buy open stock pieces but so far only 1 set purchased!

I had a guest at a show buy the 5 piece and the 7 piece set (BOTH!!!!) there were only 3 orders,. and it was an $850 show.

Okay, so to those of you who have sold the sets to the guests, what do you think it was that made them buy as a guest and not as a host?

Well, to be honest. I think these people wanted a REALLY good set of cookware. They saw what they wanted, and didn't want to fool with having a show. The lady that ordered it from my fundraiser, LOVES PC, and had to "convince her husband" (her words). I spoke with a lady who is going to order the set for her birthday (first of the month) I have explained that she could get it half price, but she isn't interested. Guess money is no option! (must be nice) I guess that is the case with both of them. I have sold a few of the saute pans, hoping that these people will love those so much that they want the rest!! I was hoping the lady would order this month, (for the pan-o-rama, but then decided I wanted the sell a thon sales more):)

soonerchef said:
This guest really wants the 10" saute pan and does not want to host a show...I have talked to her about it 2 times, I am going to try again and we will see.

Paulette, that is great...what was this guests motive? Just wanted the cookware?

I just remind them that it is lifetime guarenteed, they will never have to buy another piece of cookware, and if they decide they don't love it within 30 days, PC will send UPS to pick it up (free and no drive to the post office).

:)

Thanks guys, your responses are appreciated, as always :D !

I have sold 8 sets of cookware to hosts but never a full set to a guest and I had a feeling that not a whole lot of other consultants have sold sets to guests and I was wondering if there was a secret that I hadn't found out about, but I guess I didn't miss anything...it's really just the chance of getting the right guest!!

I'm hoping to sell the host half-price exec. cookware to a host I had on Wednesday...and she is also thinking about signing up!!!I did something different, which hopefully will work. In the past I have had hosts interested in the cookware, but when it came time to close the show, they wanted other things. I asked the host if I could go ahead and start an order for her and put the host half-price exec. cookware set on the order. She said okay. I think this might be along the same lines as "penciling someone in" on a date. If the product is already there, they would probably be more inclined to move things around their wishlist to keep the product already on the order. I'm planning on closing on Tuesday, so I'll let you guys and gals know what happens. Wish me luck! I have a total of 228 points, so the cookware set will actually let me get some cookware!

What are the benefits of buying a cookware set from Pampered Chef?

There are several benefits to purchasing a cookware set from Pampered Chef. Our cookware is known for its high quality and durability, ensuring that it will last for years to come. Our sets also come with a variety of pieces, making it easy to prepare any type of meal. Plus, our cookware is designed to distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked food every time.

What types of cookware sets does Pampered Chef offer?

We offer a variety of cookware sets to fit the needs and preferences of our customers. Our sets range from basic essentials, such as a skillet and saucepan, to more extensive sets that include multiple pots and pans, as well as utensils. We also offer specialized sets, such as our stoneware set for baking.

Are Pampered Chef cookware sets dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our cookware sets are dishwasher safe. This makes cleaning up after cooking a breeze, saving you time and effort in the kitchen. However, we do recommend hand washing our stoneware to ensure its longevity.

What is the warranty on Pampered Chef cookware sets?

All of our cookware sets come with a limited lifetime warranty. This means that if any defects or issues arise with your set, we will replace or repair it for free. Our warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or misuse of the cookware.

Can I customize a cookware set to fit my specific needs?

Yes, you can customize a cookware set to fit your individual needs and preferences. Our website offers the option to build your own set by choosing the specific pieces you want. You can also contact a Pampered Chef consultant to discuss customizing a set to fit your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
menehune
  • Maragib
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
sburnside