• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guests Don't Want the Catalogs?

In summary, guests leaving their catalogs behind is a common occurrence and is not necessarily a bad thing. Some home party consultants allow guests to keep the catalogs, but others remind guests that all of the contact information is on the back.
TheFreddiesCook
How should I take it when guests leave their catalogs behind? Last night's show, out of 8 people, at least half the catalogs were left behind on the tables and chairs... I found them after everyone was gone and I was cleaning up...:(

Did you tell them they could keep their catalogs?

Because many home party consultants don't let people keep the catalogs, and they may have just assumed they had to leave them behind.

I always tell guests, as part of my speil, that the catalogs are theirs to keep for the recipes inside, and for future reference, and that all of my contact info is on the back. I tell them to please feel free to keep their catalog, but if they are just going to take it home and toss it in the circular file, than I'd like for them to leave it with me to reuse.

I wouldn't be offended. I tell people they are welcome to take their catalogs and share them. But if they don't I take that as they don't want to waste them for me. If I don't think I would order again soon, or if I know you have a website, then I wouldn't take the catalog!

ChefBeckyD said:
Did you tell them they could keep their catalogs?

Because many home party consultants don't let people keep the catalogs, and they may have just assumed they had to leave them behind.

I always tell guests, as part of my speil, that the catalogs are theirs to keep for the recipes inside, and for future reference, and that all of my contact info is on the back. I tell them to please feel free to keep their catalog, but if they are just going to take it home and toss it in the circular file, than I'd like for them to leave it with me to reuse.

That's what I say, too...and also I reiterate that at full-service check-out.

I often have people ask if they can keep the catalog. Their assumption is that I pay dearly for them and want to keep them. Actually, they're the best advertising I've got.

I tell people they're welcome to take their catalogs, too... but I think many don't because they know catalogs can be expensive!!

I wouldn't be offended, but rather I'm happy when they don't. Yes I know its good advertising but I know many of them just throw them out at home. I show them on their receipt where to find my contact info, they get recipe cards with my info and I push to get their emails so I can put them on my monthly newsletter. I tell them they can take them but as mentioned above, many people know that in this biz you have to pay for them so they have been very apt to leave them behind. Whichever works for them but if it can save me money, I'm a happy girl.

I like giving my catalogs away because I don't like reusing wrinkly catalogs anyway. I tell people they may keep the catalog and about the recipes and show info in there plus my info on it. I also tell them if they're just going to pitch them, I'll take them.

I'm going to try sticking a sticker of some sort on the front of them...in case I forget to mention it (which I likely will forget to do!).

JAE said:
I like giving my catalogs away because I don't like reusing wrinkly catalogs anyway. I tell people they may keep the catalog and about the recipes and show info in there plus my info on it. I also tell them if they're just going to pitch them, I'll take them.

If you don't want to use the wrinkly catalogs for shows they would be ideal to drop off at hair salons, doctors offices, etc. Have you ever noticed how beat up the magazines and catalogs are in those offices? You never know when you might get a call off of one. (we left one at a counseling center office in the waiting area, 2 days later got a call and had a $60 order from it!)

Everyone takes the Mini from the lapboard at my shows, some take the full catalog. I let everyone know they can keep the full catalog but, I have had a few people tell me that as long as they have my website, they really don't need a catalog when everything is online. People like the Mini, they can keep it in thier purse, stick it on the fridge, and for the "seasoned" guest...they pretty much know what's in the catalog and just need to know the new stuff!

Related to Guests Don't Want the Catalogs?

1. Why don't guests want the catalogs?

There could be a variety of reasons why guests may not want the catalogs. Some may already have a lot of kitchen tools and are not interested in purchasing more, while others may prefer to shop online. Others may simply not be interested in the products offered in the catalog at the moment.

2. Can I still offer catalogs to my guests even if they don't want them?

Absolutely! Even if your guests don't want the physical catalogs, you can still offer them access to our online catalog or share specific product links with them through email or social media. This way, they can still browse and purchase products at their convenience.

3. What can I do to encourage my guests to take the catalogs?

You can try offering incentives or hosting a raffle for those who take a catalog. You can also highlight specific products or deals that are only available through the catalog. Additionally, make sure to let your guests know that the catalogs are free and there is no obligation to purchase anything.

4. Are there any alternatives to physical catalogs?

Yes, we offer digital versions of our catalogs that you can share with your guests. These can be accessed through our website or through our mobile app. You can also create your own personalized catalogs using our digital tools.

5. Will I still earn commission if my guests don't want the catalogs?

Yes, you will still earn commission on any purchases made by your guests, whether they use the physical catalogs or not. As long as they use your unique consultant link or mention your name when making a purchase, you will receive credit for the sale.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefsteph07
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies