• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Lists and Mailing Out Invitations

Sometimes I'll just ask if they've placed an order yet and if they have, I'll ask for their shipping information.
KarensChefsClub
Gold Member
I have decided to try mailing out invitations for my host for the next few months and see how it goes. But here's my question...does anyone do anything else with all those names and addresses before, during, or after the show, in particular the ones that don't attend.

I know I need to but just haven't yet...I will be calling them in the future after the show and telling them that I am sorry they couldn't make it and would they like me to send a catalog.

You could make reminder calls either for your host or in addition to your host. The reasoning is that since they are her friends, she will end up chatting with each guest for 1/2 hour, making it a huge task to call all the guests. I can call and have each call last 30 seconds. Also, if they have any questions, they have the consultant on the line to ask. Also, they feel like they already know you when they arrive at the show.

One PC big wig has a phone service in which she records the message and inputs all the phone numbers and the service makes the calls for her. Apparently, it sounds surprisingly live when left on voice mail.

I make the reminder calls too, so that way if they don't attend they do know I exist!
As for using the names on the guest list of people who don't attend.....
I would not. Those people didn't express an interest and did not give you permission to talk to them about PC. They are your hosts friends and family. I tell my hosts that hesitate about giving me their families addresses and phone numbers that they are safe with me. Until a customer establishes a relationship with me by Booking, Buying or giving me permission to contact them, I lay no claim to them. and I will not contact them.
However if you ask your host for permission to contact them I ghuess that might be different.
I feel if I were to do it myself it would make people uneasy handing over their info. I would become more of a telemarketer than I feel comfortable with and would feel like it was an abuse of trust.
My .02
I hope that came out right, don't mean to be snippy

You might ask the host whether she thinks the people would like a call or to be sent a catalog. Another possibility is to talk to your host about doing a show 3 months down the road and re-inviting the people that did not make it to the 1st show as they may have wanted to come but been unable to.

For me personaly... I jsut tell my hostess that I mail out the invites and it increases the attendance by a lot for my shows that I do. I dont' have complaints they always tell me one less thing that they have to worry about!!! I also don't charge for postage I jsut pay it... and then save it for a business expense!!! What I do with the guest that do not attend after the show.. I give them a call and offer a catalog, and see if they have a email address that they would be willing to give to me so I can keep them informed on monthly newsletters that I send out!!!! I also do the same with my DPDS!!!!

When you make the reminder calls, what exactly do you say??

dannyzmom said:
When you make the reminder calls, what exactly do you say??

I try to call about 9 or 9:30 in the morning so I get mostly machines and I say:
Hi, "NAME". This is Cheryl with the Pampered Chef and I am calling to remind you that Susie Hosts party is tonight at 6:30. We hope to see you there! Thank you.

Short Sweet and No pressure.
I had one guest say she loved it because it was so direct and I wasn't asking her for anything else :) She mentioned another lady had called her and said to bring a guest and bring a piece of cookware, order on the website or ask for a catalog. It must have sounded pushy, or desperate!
Sometimes I will mention that they are welcome to bring a friend, but I usually let the host and the invite do that.

What is the best way to create a guest list for my Pampered Chef party?

The best way to create a guest list for your Pampered Chef party is to start with your close friends and family, and then expand to include acquaintances and coworkers. You can also ask your Pampered Chef consultant for a list of potential guests.

How far in advance should I send out invitations for my Pampered Chef party?

It is recommended to send out invitations for your Pampered Chef party at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This will give your guests enough time to RSVP and plan their schedules accordingly.

Can I send out invitations digitally instead of mailing them?

Yes, you can send out invitations digitally through email or social media. This is a great option for those who prefer a more eco-friendly and cost-effective approach. Just make sure to include all the necessary details and RSVP information in the digital invitation.

Should I include a deadline for RSVPs on my invitations?

Yes, it is recommended to include a deadline for RSVPs on your invitations. This will help you plan for the number of guests and ensure that you have enough supplies and space for everyone.

Is it okay to invite people who may not be able to attend my Pampered Chef party?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to invite people who may not be able to attend your Pampered Chef party. They may still be interested in purchasing Pampered Chef products or may be able to attend a future party. Plus, it's always nice to include others and make them feel included.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Cr8vKitchen
  • vhadley