• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling with Pantry Rubs: A Show-Stopping Saturday!

In summary, the Pantry Rubs seem to be popular with the people that have tried them, with three being the most popular. The Citrus and Basil is the favorite, followed by the Garlic and Peppercorn. The Bell Pepper & Herb is a close third.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Has anyone had time to use the Pantry Rubs at all and if so, which one(s) do you prefer and which did you use and on what?
I have a show on Saturday in a farm house. No air conditioning and it will be 88 and humid. I would rather fire up the grill than the oven or stove top so any help would be great. And these people love our grill tools so I figured I would show off the new pieces and make a kabob of some sort with the rubs and/or a sauce. Variety is nice so...

Thank you!

John - I love all 3. The Citrus and Basil is more for chicken or fish. The other two are for any kind of meat. The garlic and peppercorn is my favorite. For really good chicken, rub all over with mayonnaise first, then sprinkle on the rub of your choice. It makes it adhere really well, keeps in the juices and taste soooo good! Try cubing steak and threading it on our skewers. Make a marinade of oil, vinegar and a rub and put it in the BBQ Basting Bottle and brush it on the cubed meat.
I did a grilling show recently where the host just bought a bunch of different salad ingredients. I chopped cukes, tomatoes, grated cheese etc....and used one of each rub on boneless chicken breasts - then fired up the grill, grilled the breasts and just sliced them onto a SA Medium Square. Different bowl for each rub. Let them build their own salad and grate their own cheese on their salad. It was great! Good Luck!

Last edited:
The Bell Pepper & Herb is my all time favorite. I love to mix it in tuna salad. A friend of mine says she puts the citrus & basil on everything, even cottage cheese. You could put a little of the basil blend canola oil on the chicken, sprinkle with one of the herbs and then grill. I do something like this in my George Foreman Grill and it is so tender and juicy. DH and the kids love it.

I like using the Bell Pepper in egg casseroles and also in cheese balls.;)

I have been making deviled eggs for all my shows and I put the dill seasoning in my egg mix and everyone loves it! I have sold more dill lately just because of the eggs!

YummyThat sounds good!! I'm making deviled eggs this weekend. I think I will give that a try!!

Too mind boggling!You all have such great ideas! I think I will be making Deviled Eggs this weekend and an assortment of skewed vegies. I also LOVE the idea of several whole chicken breasts each done with a different rub. And I also love the mayo idea too. So now for the hard part, a decision!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Hello! I am a fellow pampered chef consultant and I have used the Pantry Rubs many times before. They are definitely a game-changer when it comes to grilling. My personal favorite is the Garlic & Herb Rub, it adds such a delicious flavor to any protein. I have used it on chicken, steak, and even vegetables and it never disappoints. For your show on Saturday, I recommend using the Smoky BBQ Rub on some pork kabobs and the Spicy Pineapple Rub on some chicken kabobs. The combination of sweet and spicy will definitely be a hit with your guests. And don't forget to showcase our amazing grill tools while you're grilling up a storm! Good luck with your show!

Related to Grilling with Pantry Rubs: A Show-Stopping Saturday!

What are pantry rubs?

Pantry rubs are a blend of herbs, spices, and seasonings that are used to add flavor to grilled meats, vegetables, and other foods. They can be made at home or purchased pre-made.

How do I use pantry rubs for grilling?

To use pantry rubs, simply sprinkle the desired amount onto your meat or vegetables and rub it in evenly. For best results, let the rub sit on the food for at least 30 minutes before grilling.

What types of foods can I use pantry rubs on?

Pantry rubs can be used on a variety of foods, including chicken, steak, pork, fish, and vegetables. They can also be used on tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian option.

Can I make my own pantry rubs?

Yes, you can make your own pantry rubs using a combination of herbs, spices, and seasonings. This allows you to customize the flavors to your liking and control the amount of salt and other ingredients used.

Do pantry rubs expire?

Yes, pantry rubs can expire. It is recommended to use them within 6 months for optimal flavor. Make sure to check the expiration date on pre-made rubs and store homemade rubs in airtight containers to prolong their shelf life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • Jenni
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefMary412
  • ChefPeg