• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Who Has Done a "Sampling" Show?

In summary, the Pampered Chef sampling show is a new way to present a cookbook catalog and provide a snack, sample, and Q&A show. The show is a success with high bookings and sales.
pamperedbecky
I'm curious if anyone has done a Pampered Chef "Sampling" show now that we have all of these pantry items. I guess it's kind of combined with a "Chicken Your Way" show because I will also be grilling up some chicken breasts with various rubs on them in the grill pan. I have a show tomorrow night where I'm doing my first sampling show, so I plan to do no big recipe demo other than grilling up chicken breasts and making a couple dips, beer bread and sampling the dessert sauces.

I'd love to hear any feedback if someone has done a show like this. I'm kind of looking at it sort of like an express show because I'll have a shorter presentation, walk thru the catalog a little, doing my booking/recruiting thing but mainly let them snack, sample and ask me questions. I'm looking forward to it!

Just curious if anyone has done this and has any tips for me. Thanks!

I can't wait to hear how this goes. After your show can you walk through how you did your presentation and how you grilled the chicken.I am not promoting the Chicken you way and here's why. It bugs me that the Grill Press is on the raw chicken breast then you flip it and need to put it on the cooked side. Do you wash it in between flipping? But you need the weight of the press to get the nice grill marks on the cooking side?? Do you not use the Press when one side is still raw? I must be missing a key point here somewhere. Pannini show? I can dig that! I understand it. Chicken Breast?!?! Uhmmmm...ya lost me.

The press is preheated and if you do it long enough it should cook the chicken where it touches. I usually preheat it for 10 minutes.Funny, I remember they told us not to preheat the press when it first came out :D

All of the stoves here on the military base are induction tops and the Executive line is not supposed to be used on those. :( No Chicken Your Way shows for me here in Tokyo!!!

I did a sampling one night at a cluster meeting and the sauces didn't go over very well with my team! Yikes!!!

Yep. When the press came out they said don't pre-heat.

Doing the recipe this way starts with both the pan and the press heated so the chicken starts cooking on both sides at once - that and the weight on the chicken is why it cooks so much faster. Because the pan is hotter you need to flip the chicken to finish cooking it but the press is not contaminated since the chicken touching it did cook. By the time the recipe is done, the chicken is done and both surfaces have residual of cooked chicken.

If you still don't feel comfortable then preheat the press but put the cicken in the pan for a few minutes, turn it and then add the press.

My problem is that doing it this way I tend to over cook the chicken since I'm used to it taking longer - still experimenting.

I guess that is kinda my issue Beth. I know they told us not to preheat the press. Why not then, but okay now? This is truly vexing me. Lol. I need to just practice at home.

here's my 2cents.....I just did 2 tasting shows over the weekend....

I made 3 dips ahead of time: buffalo rub, southwestern & peppercorn garlic

w/french bread I took the parmesean garlic & tomato rub & spritzed it w/oil & baked it 10 minutes

I split cream cheese in 1/2 & used habenero & pineapple sauce- crackers for dipping

made chicken tenderloins w/4 different rubs

I think this is great for an express show & for those hosts/guests who have been to a TON of parties b/c it's something different...... I'm not sold on it to offer it through the next few months I would rather teach them a new quick meal maybe in December I'll offer it b/c it would be great for holiday parties!

all of the guests really liked what they tasted!

Anne that sounds great!
I will have to say I was oh so skeptical about the chicken your way, but decided to give it a try when Kathy came back from Exec seminar raving over the success that Robin House has with it. So, I have been doing chicken your way with a small spinach salad and poppy seed dressing ( so I can show items that are not over $100.00, lol.) I have done this for my past 3 shows.
Results? Bookings-7, sales- $2000+, and at each show I have sold at least one grill pan and press at full price. I am almost starting to become a believer.... hmmmmmm

I've done what could be called tasting shows for several years.

A dip or two, sprinkles dip, sauces over cream cheese and either those mini-cheese balls that we had a couple years ago or a brie or now the buffalo chicken dip.

I offer these "appetizer" shows especially this time of year. It's great to show off the SA, bamboo and entertaining pieces and give people ideas for their holiday gatherings. People always love them.

Everything is ready when they arrive except one thing (brie, chicken dip - whatever shows the most products in finishing it up) and we go over each sampling choice and talk about the products involved. I make sure the host says that I arrived 1/2 hour before the guests and had it all ready that fast.

Chef Kearns said:
I guess that is kinda my issue Beth. I know they told us not to preheat the press. Why not then, but okay now? This is truly vexing me. Lol. I need to just practice at home.

I had the same question. Even emailed HO about it, but I never got a response.:(

Chefbeckyd said:
I had the same question. Even emailed HO about it, but I never got a response.:(

I need to see if I can find the use & care for my original press. I wonder if it didn't say "not necessary to" instead of "don't"...

bethcooks4u said:
I need to see if I can find the use & care for my original press. I wonder if it didn't say "not necessary to" instead of "don't"...

Okay. Found it. Dated 2006

1. Brush or spray underside of Grill Press with cooking oil prior to use. Press does not require preheating.
2. For best results, preheat cookware following manufacturer's guidellines.....

etc. nothing else about preheating just cooling, cleaning and such.

So evidently we all heard don't preheat when it was "it's not necessary".

bethcooks4u said:
Okay. Found it. Dated 2006

1. Brush or spray underside of Grill Press with cooking oil prior to use. Press does not require preheating.
2. For best results, preheat cookware following manufacturer's guidellines.....

etc. nothing else about preheating just cooling, cleaning and such.

So evidently we all heard don't preheat when it was "it's not necessary".

Nope - I heard DO NOT, and it's also what I read! When they came out with the CYW show, I went and looked at the PIG online, and this is straight from the PIG when I looked (I saved that PDF):

Cook’s Tips:
• The Grill Press should not be preheated before use. Even though the press has ridges on the surface, the sear marks
on grilled food come from the Grill Pan, not the press. Food must be turned once to produce sear marks on each
side.
• Use the press with bacon, sausage, chicken, burgers and vegetables

Like I said, I didn't hear back from the test kitchen, but I did just go look at the PIG again, and they've updated the PDF for the grillpress, as of 8/10, and taken out the first sentence of the Cook's Tips. :confused::rolleyes:

Chefbeckyd said:
Nope - I heard DO NOT, and it's also what I read! When they came out with the CYW show, I went and looked at the PIG online, and this is straight from the PIG when I looked (I saved that PDF):

Cook’s Tips:
• The Grill Press should not be preheated before use. Even though the press has ridges on the surface, the sear marks
on grilled food come from the Grill Pan, not the press. Food must be turned once to produce sear marks on each
side.
• Use the press with bacon, sausage, chicken, burgers and vegetables

Like I said, I didn't hear back from the test kitchen, but I did just go look at the PIG again, and they've updated the PDF for the grillpress, as of 8/10, and taken out the first sentence of the Cook's Tips. :confused::rolleyes:
Well, what I got my info off was the actual paper that came with my grill press and that was the first point (numbered) about Use and Care. Interesting isn't it?

bethcooks4u said:
Well, what I got my info off was the actual paper that came with my grill press and that was the first point (numbered) about Use and Care. Interesting isn't it?

Yeah, it appears that directions for use were never clear from the beginning. :eek:

How weird that they've totally done a 180 on the grill press instructions. I'll be interested to hear if the test kitchens ever reply.

I'm excited for my sampling show tonight. For those of you who have done this or the "CYW" shows, do you set up a display of the other products? This is what feels weird to me as I'm packing up. I'm obviously packing lots of the bamboo bowls and those things and a few SA's but not much else. I'm going to bring one each of the knives to display, a couple scrapers, the new can opener, the garlic peeler and slicer and the chopper - all just to set out. I have my spice turnabout all packed with stuff, but I don't even think I'll bring my tool turnabout. I'm bringing some of the more popular stuff that people want to see, but I'm already feeling like I'm not bringing my normal "stuff" so it feels weird. I know our catalog is awesome and I plan to walk through the catalog a little bit. I'm sure people will ask me "Do you have the _______ here?" and I'll do my normal spiel when I have to answer that at other shows, but it just feels weird! I can't see doing this kind of show all the time, but the host has already warned me that her friends are very frugal, won't have much $$ to spend, so I think in this case, a sampling party is great because they all will see the lower price points.

We'll see how it goes! It's a small group of just 6-7 people, but I'm hoping to have a good show!! :)

May it be an awesome show! Give us an update when you get a chance?

pamperedbecky said:
How weird that they've totally done a 180 on the grill press instructions. I'll be interested to hear if the test kitchens ever reply.

I'm excited for my sampling show tonight. For those of you who have done this or the "CYW" shows, do you set up a display of the other products? This is what feels weird to me as I'm packing up. I'm obviously packing lots of the bamboo bowls and those things and a few SA's but not much else. I'm going to bring one each of the knives to display, a couple scrapers, the new can opener, the garlic peeler and slicer and the chopper - all just to set out. I have my spice turnabout all packed with stuff, but I don't even think I'll bring my tool turnabout. I'm bringing some of the more popular stuff that people want to see, but I'm already feeling like I'm not bringing my normal "stuff" so it feels weird. I know our catalog is awesome and I plan to walk through the catalog a little bit. I'm sure people will ask me "Do you have the _______ here?" and I'll do my normal spiel when I have to answer that at other shows, but it just feels weird! I can't see doing this kind of show all the time, but the host has already warned me that her friends are very frugal, won't have much $$ to spend, so I think in this case, a sampling party is great because they all will see the lower price points.

We'll see how it goes! It's a small group of just 6-7 people, but I'm hoping to have a good show!! :)

Have a great show, Becky!

I do still bring my TTA with me when I do these. It's always packed and ready to go, so why not? I encourage everyone to spin it around and check out all the tools.

Ok, so here's how it went..... (I'm quite pleased with the sales, but only one booking - and it was from a long-time friend of mine who the host let come to her show because she wanted to see me in "action" and I just reconnected with her via FB):

It felt weird packing up for the show and not bringing anything for a recipe. I did bring a bunch of new stuff, all the cookbooks and some "classic" stuff just to put out and display (like the chopper, Mix N Chop, one knife from each category, SS saute pan, etc).. I felt like I couldn't decide what to bring. I didn't bring my TTA filled with tools because I didn't want to bring a ton. Next time I may just stick it full of things, since like Becky said, it's already ready to go anyway.

So, here's what I did: Beer Bread, crackers, Italian seasoning dip and thai red curry dip (YUM), cream cheese with Pineapple Rum Sauce, cream cheese with Raspberry Habanero, all three dessert sauces. I also used the grill pan and press to grill up 3 chicken breasts once I started with Jerk seasoning, BBQ rub, and greek rub. That was the only thing I did there. Everything else was ahead of time. I didn't do any of the dipping oils and since I forgot to buy pretzels today (I provided all ingredients), I didn't do the samples of the rubs and seasonings where you dip the pretzel in water, then into the bottle of rub/seasoning.

I walked through the catalog a bit and probably talked more than I really meant to because I was kind of treating it as an express show. Sales are at $660 with the host's order. I'm closing it out tomorrow and really hope that there are no problems with credit cards!

The host thought it went way better than she expected, so that's good to hear. Someone from the HO came and it was the first PC show she's ever been to! She liked the show format and is going to give my card to a neighbor who may want to do a show and she wants to be added to my email newsletter list. :) It's always good to get in with those people. :) She said she'll give me good reviews to everyone at the home office.:D

So, I did like doing this as a sampling show, but it was a lot to pack back up after the show - mostly the "extra" stuff I brought besides just pantry items I had out on display and iwth my spice turnabout. Next time maybe I won't even bring much extra stuff. ??? I don't know. I may do another one of these shows on Friday....still waiting to hear from the host on that. My show Thursday night I think I'll do the mini tiramisu cakes because she wants chocolate.

Congratulations! YUM!

Questions:
What did you do with the "thai red curry dip"? 1 cup mayo & 1 cup sour cream and 2 Tbsp? rub? ...or??

"the samples of the rubs and seasonings where you dip the pretzel in water, then into the bottle of rub/seasoning" - I hadn't heard of this before. Wouldn't it contaminate the rub and what about that moisture in what's left in the bottle?

How did you serve the chicken you cooked - just cut into pieces and with toothpicks? or?

bethcooks4u said:
Congratulations! YUM!

Questions:
What did you do with the "thai red curry dip"? 1 cup mayo & 1 cup sour cream and 2 Tbsp? rub? ...or??

"the samples of the rubs and seasonings where you dip the pretzel in water, then into the bottle of rub/seasoning" - I hadn't heard of this before. Wouldn't it contaminate the rub and what about that moisture in what's left in the bottle?

How did you serve the chicken you cooked - just cut into pieces and with toothpicks? or?

Yep, I did the curry dip like that, except I only made a cup: 1/2 cup mayo, 1/2 cup sour cream and 1 tbsp of the rub. We did it at a meeting once and I would never have thought to make that one, but it was good and different.

I thought the water thing on pretzels in the rub would affect the rub in the bottle too, but it really doesn't leave any moisture in the bottle. People who have done this before said it doesn't affect it. You barely dip it in water, so there's very little moisture on the pretzel anyway and it just gets covered in the rub and seems to leave none behind. You use those tiny little pretzel sticks, so nobody double dips and since there's a new pretzel dipped in water each time, there's nothing to contaminate the water.

Yes, the chicken I just cut them into pieces with the santoku knife (sold one of those!) and served the chunks in bowls with toothpicks nearby.

1. What is a "sampling" show?

A "sampling" show is a type of Pampered Chef party where the host invites friends and family over to try out different products and recipes. It is a fun and interactive way to introduce people to the Pampered Chef brand and products.

2. How do I host a "sampling" show?

To host a "sampling" show, you can reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or visit the website to find a consultant near you. The consultant will help you plan the show and provide you with all the necessary materials and products.

3. Do I have to purchase products at a "sampling" show?

No, there is no obligation to purchase products at a "sampling" show. The main purpose of the show is for guests to try out the products and recipes and have a good time. However, if you do decide to make a purchase, your consultant will be there to assist you.

4. Can I earn host rewards at a "sampling" show?

Yes, you can earn host rewards at a "sampling" show just like any other Pampered Chef party. Your consultant will explain the host rewards program and help you earn free and discounted products based on the sales from your show.

5. Can I customize the products and recipes for my "sampling" show?

Yes, you can work with your consultant to customize the products and recipes for your "sampling" show. They will work with you to choose the products that best fit your preferences and dietary restrictions, and provide recipes that your guests will love.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• imported_iteachurkid
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • missyciccolella
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • foodygirl