• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Show: Seeking Advice from Experienced Griller!

Also try skewers of chicken or shrimp (pricey i know) and have the thai sauce for dipping.The Grilled Italian Pizza is a HUGE hit for me at my summer shows!:thumbup:Thanks, got it. Can't wait to try it out.
jterre
Got a show coming up and we are going to be using the grill!!
Haven't ever done a Grill show before anyone out there have an experience they'd like to share... Do's and Don'ts!!
Thanks
Jennifer

Glad this thread was started - because I was just going to do it! I have several grill parties scheduled and really am looking for ideas. I'm not a grill person (but I'm going to be!;)) Promoting both baskets, the flexible spatula (even got it engraved for $8 to show it as a gift idea), the basting brush - love those little holes in silicone bristles; the long tongs....the mits and the BBQ Cleaning Brush (brass bristles and the curled edge (they say tapered) to clean around the grill grates !
Now -- I need to know what to do with all this stuff! :chef: Just really need some GOOD real tips and also recipes would help!
:chef:please Share Grill basket and grill tray recipes :chef:
Anyone Have A Grill Recipe book put together yet? or other flyers.
This is Grill Season - so please let's post some great ideas!

Also looking for some real advice on clean-up (and carrying this stuff from show to show) I don't have a dishwasher - so how easy is this stuff (grill basket and utensils) going to clean up and stay looking good. Do you folks spray these with that "P" word, or our spritzer? I had one consultant say she puts Oven cleaner on the baskets.

Fish is great on the grill tray....I sprayed mine with the spritzer (LOVE IT!) and grilled the fish with some veggies also. It accomodated 2 pieces of tilapia & 1 piece of salmon and the small stainless steel bowl of veggies. I also used the flexible spatula to turn the fish and veggies. It works so great my husband ordered his own to use!

Try pineapple on the grill. Use the wedger to wow everyone, then use the tray to grill it. The caramel sprinkles are great with pineapple. Also try skewers of chicken or shrimp (pricey i know) and have the thai sauce for dipping.Haven't done a grill show yet, but these are things we have tried at home already.

In May we are going to have our Cluster Meeting outside and learn how to use the grill at shows.

I'm not a grill master but lead the meeting :)

Ideas on how to make it fun for the team???

Thanks.

My July host wants to have her show outside, but I don't have any of the grill products. Any suggestions or ideal on what kind of demo, need help

I have someone who wants a grill party with pizza. I suppose I could do the vegetable pizza, flipping the crust to each side, then adding the ingredients. Has anyone done this on the grill?

Yes, one of my first shows was an outside grilling pizza show with the fabulous Strawberry Spinach Salad. I used the PC recipe Italian Grilled Pizza. I'll make sure that there is an updated copy in the files. It was a wonderful recipe, easy to prepare and very good.​

I did the grilled pizza show last summer on the hotest day of the year - 104 degress in the shade!! It was a hit.
I used the BBQ Baster bottle for pizza sauce and had flatbread & pita's. We used the chopper and knives for the vegetables - onion, peppers, mushrooms (used the salad spinner for them too) also the egg slicer, used the Mandolin to shred cheese as well as the cheese grater and of course offered choice of seaonings, including the dipping spices...closed at close to $900.00 with only 8 people there - OH - we also used the pineapple wedger and grilled pineapple in the grill basket and then put it over vanilla ice cream and topped it with the sprinkles. Was one of the simplest shows I ever did but we had a blast - think it was due to the heat!:balloon:

Where do I get the Italian Grilled Pizza receipe? I looked on line but nothing came up. Would you send it to me?

Linda

Linda said:
Where do I get the Italian Grilled Pizza receipe? I looked on line but nothing came up. Would you send it to me?

Linda

Go to the Files tab here, and type in "Italian" It's the first recipe that comes up!

The Grilled Italian Pizza is a HUGE hit for me at my summer shows!:thumbup:

Thanks, got it. Can't wait to try it out.

Linda

otisbg said:
I did the grilled pizza show last summer on the hotest day of the year - 104 degress in the shade!! It was a hit.
I used the BBQ Baster bottle for pizza sauce and had flatbread & pita's. We used the chopper and knives for the vegetables - onion, peppers, mushrooms (used the salad spinner for them too) also the egg slicer, used the Mandolin to shred cheese as well as the cheese grater and of course offered choice of seaonings, including the dipping spices...closed at close to $900.00 with only 8 people there - OH - we also used the pineapple wedger and grilled pineapple in the grill basket and then put it over vanilla ice cream and topped it with the sprinkles. Was one of the simplest shows I ever did but we had a blast - think it was due to the heat!:balloon:

This sounds great! Did you have everything out like a buffet and just have people make individual pizzas? I have my first grill show booked for June and I was planning on doing the pineapple w/ ice cream. I would love to try this - it looks fun and shows lots of tools with lots of options.

(I love that it shows off all the light weight tools! ;) )

I have done the Fabulous Fajita Pizza for a grill show. Make sure to have your toppings cut, grilled and ready to go before putting the crust on the grill Once the pizza crust is on the grill it takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish, so that is not enough time for peppers, onions, etc. to cook through, so have them grilled and set aside.

I did one last year, in July in Texas. It was WAY too hot and about six people showed up but it was an $900 party. We made the pizzas with mushrooms, bell peppers, and feta cheese (this was before the grill tray--but perfect for it), Moroccan Meatballs (great for the grill basket), and used the different rubs on chicken and veggies (including corn). The Recipes are in the Grill It cookbook.

It was an expensive show. I did it for my brother in law and we split the cost of ingredients. We called it a Man's Grilling Show. I found caution tape that said "Men Grilling--Stay Back" at Party City.

We did most of the prep work inside. It was VERY interactive and all the men wanted to try the forged cutlery, chopper, mandolin, and they did most of the grilling with the tools.

A year later, most of these men are regular customer and changed their mindset that PC is for women.

This year, I am hosting a grilling show with Father's Day gifts in mind.

Has anyone done a "grill" theme show but NOT actually gone outside to use the grill??
I'm doing a show next weekend and the lady wants to get grill tools. This is my 3rd show with this group- so I wanted to do something a little different, but I can't grill very well (that's my DH's department)...or lets just say I don't have much experience with it. Plus- her house is a double-wide trailer, and there is no backyard area for guests at all (and a mosquito area). So i wanted to highlight those tools, but not actually go outside and use them.I have an older model grill pan...but her stove is in the back corner of the tiny kitchen- no one could see me. I also don't want to do a full-formal demo...since this is repeat group (some of them more than the 3 shows). I'm leaning towards somehow combining Keith's Tools & Tastings with the grill products.Ideas?

1. What are the best types of meat to grill?

The best types of meat to grill are those that are tender and have a high fat content, such as ribeye steak, pork chops, and chicken thighs. These cuts of meat are less likely to dry out on the grill and will result in a juicier and more flavorful dish.

2. How do I prevent my meat from sticking to the grill?

To prevent your meat from sticking to the grill, make sure to properly oil the grates before cooking. You can also marinate your meat beforehand or use a non-stick cooking spray. Additionally, avoid flipping the meat too frequently and allow it to cook for a few minutes before attempting to move it.

3. What is the best way to season meat for grilling?

The best way to season meat for grilling is to use a dry rub or marinade. Dry rubs are made of a combination of herbs, spices, and seasonings, while marinades typically consist of a mixture of oil, acid (such as vinegar or citrus juice), and seasonings. Both methods allow the flavors to penetrate the meat and enhance its taste.

4. How can I tell when my meat is done cooking?

The most accurate way to tell if your meat is done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the meat should reach the recommended temperature for the type of meat you are grilling. You can also use the touch test, where you press on the meat with your finger. If the meat feels firm and springs back, it is likely done cooking.

5. What is the best way to clean and maintain my grill?

The best way to clean and maintain your grill is to regularly brush the grates and burners with a grill brush, and wipe down the exterior with warm, soapy water. It is also important to deep clean your grill at least once a year by removing and scrubbing the grates and cleaning out any built-up grease or debris from the inside. Regular maintenance and cleaning will help extend the life of your grill and ensure it continues to cook food evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ckarasevic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ckarasevic
  • chefsarab
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50