• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Kabobs - Easy & Inexpensive Chicken Recipe

In summary, if you're wanting to do kabobs on the grill, you might want to try a recipe like the one in "Great Grilled Vegetables" from the grilling card collection.
jm2003
Silver Member
I have a show in June and she wants to do kabobs on the grill and use bbq tools. Great! I need a easy and inexpensive recipe to do kabob's with using chicken.
Any help would be great!

I would do basics, chicken, onion, green peppers, zuccini, cherry tomatoes..etc...and cook on the grill. I may put some Olive Oil (just a little) over my veggies and salt and pepper...it's one of my favorite things on the grill. That's the best I have.

How long have you live in Manchester? I have family there...do you know any Prescott's or Walsh's??

Kabob recipesbump...

I have the same situation this coming weekend. She wants kabobs and she's not specific on the type of meat.

So do you do the tenderizing, rubs, etc. before putting them on the grill? What products did you talk up--all BBQ stuff? I was thinking of showing the barbecue stuff I DO have and also showing off other outdoorsy stuff like the chillzane rectangle server and the quick-stir pitcher, etc.

Any advice or tips would help...THANKS :)

My host recently did vegetables like squash, cucumbers, zucchini and wrapped them in tin foil with lots of butter, salt, pepper and garlic. It was great!

If I did Kabobs I would just do chicken with onions and bell pepper and sprinkle it with the BBQ rub. You could do all kinds of thinks with chicken. It is good with potatoes on it too. One of our local chicken places does one with chicken, onion, bell pepper and pickles that is good.

jrstephens said:
My host recently did vegetables like squash, cucumbers, zucchini and wrapped them in tin foil with lots of butter, salt, pepper and garlic. It was great!

If I did Kabobs I would just do chicken with onions and bell pepper and sprinkle it with the BBQ rub. You could do all kinds of thinks with chicken. It is good with potatoes on it too. One of our local chicken places does one with chicken, onion, bell pepper and pickles that is good.

Really??:eek: :eek: :eek:

KellyTheChef said:

Yep! They are good too. My mom eats them all the time! If we have a fair or anything around here they put pickles on them too.:D

Perhaps that's a southern thing? I just don't enjoy a warm pickle...

Even on sandwiches, if they get too warm and soft, I will just take them off!

No smart comments from the peanut gallery, either!! LOL

It probably is a Southern Thang! We eat pickles fried in a batter down here!:D

I just did some chicken and veggie kabobs last week I used the marinade recipe from the grilling card collection for "Great Grilled Vegetables" I put the marinade in the BBQ Basting bottle and jsut brushed it on as I turned them. It really was good.

I used chicken, red onion, yellow squash,zucchini, and cherry tomatoes.

They looked pretty too!:)

Attachments

• dijon vinaigrette.doc
    19 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

1. How long do I need to marinate the chicken before grilling?

It is recommended to marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but you can marinate it for up to 24 hours for maximum flavor.

2. Can I use a different type of meat besides chicken?

Yes, you can use any type of meat or even vegetables for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the grilling time accordingly.

3. Do I need to soak the skewers before grilling?

Yes, it is recommended to soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before using to prevent them from burning on the grill.

4. How do I prevent the kabobs from sticking to the grill?

Make sure to oil the grates of your grill before adding the kabobs. You can also lightly brush oil onto the kabobs themselves to prevent sticking.

5. Can I make these kabobs ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the kabobs ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator. Just make sure to bring them to room temperature before grilling for even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefKristal
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies