• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's a Good Grill Recipe for Demo

In summary, this person is not a good griller, but they have a good idea for a demo recipe. They suggest chicken fajitas on the grill.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My host for next week wants to do a grilling theme. I am not a very good 'griller' nor am I comfortable using the grill :eek: What is a good/easy/fool-proof demo recipe for a fairly large crowd? I am hoping that I can get her or her DH to take care of the grill part. We are doing the show outside on her deck. Unfortunately, I also do not own any of the grilling tools :(

I don't grill, either, but I'm thinking something with the grill basket should be safe. Do you have that?? If not, can you borrow one from upline?? There's been recipes posted previously for the basket. good luck! :)

I do have the grill basket, I just might have to use that.

A fun way to use the grill and use it if it's an outdoor show is pizzas on the grill! It could be a fun interactive show too. The main demo is getting all the toppings for the pizza ready: cooking up some sausage in a piece of cookware, chopping onions with food chopper, grating cheese with the cheese grater and the microplane, slicing green peppers with the mandoline, etc. THen you'd set out stations with tortillas (for the crust-use pitas if you want a more substantial crust), sauce to spread on and all the toppings. Then have all the other toppings in SAs or in the Chillzanne Rectangle Server and people go around and assemble their pizzas. Then they get grilled onthe grill until the cheese is melted and crust is crispy.

This is a fun way to use the grill, but you don't really need to have any grilling skills.:D

Love the pizza recipe! Maybe we'll do this at home this weekend!

Cool idea! I used the grill basket this past weekend for asparagus, and I over cooked it. But, it was still good - and much easier to cook in the basket than trying not to drop it in-between the grills. Also just a side note, once it's been used over an open flame, it won't be really pretty anymore. I did scrub it and it's clean, but it still has some of the black marks on it.

Chicken FajitasLove the Grilled Chicken Fajitas they are in the SB S/S 99. Yummy, I do these alot!

Thanks everyone. These are great ideas. We decided on the Chicken Avocado and Grapefruit Salad and we are also serving the Strawberry Cream Trifle. DH is going with me and he and her DH will handle the grill part. She is expecting 22-25 guests and if they are all as high-maintenance as she is this should be a GREAT show! :)

BBQ chicken salad. Use the grill for the chicken, shows a bunch of tools. You could also grill fresh veggies--I toss yellow squash, zuchinni, and red bell pepper in a little olive oil and throw some citrus and basil rub in the mix, then grill for about 4 min, stir, and 4 min. more. YUMM.

Linda - the CAG Salad is a great use of the grill!! I brought the grill pan to show them as a tool to use indoors when it's not "grilling season", but we had the host's boyfriend grill the chicken (after we put the olive oil and seasoning on it) on the grill for her show. It turned out great, and everyone was impressed with it. Good luck!

pamperedbecky said:
A fun way to use the grill and use it if it's an outdoor show is pizzas on the grill! It could be a fun interactive show too. The main demo is getting all the toppings for the pizza ready: cooking up some sausage in a piece of cookware, chopping onions with food chopper, grating cheese with the cheese grater and the microplane, slicing green peppers with the mandoline, etc. THen you'd set out stations with tortillas (for the crust-use pitas if you want a more substantial crust), sauce to spread on and all the toppings. Then have all the other toppings in SAs or in the Chillzanne Rectangle Server and people go around and assemble their pizzas. Then they get grilled onthe grill until the cheese is melted and crust is crispy.

This is a fun way to use the grill, but you don't really need to have any grilling skills.:D
Thanks Becky!! :love: I have been wanting to do pizza on the grill and just couldn't get the visual.

Thanks Cathy. I'm looking forward to trying this recipe too.

What are some good grill recipes for a demo?

1. What is a classic grilling recipe that always impresses?

A classic and universally loved grilled recipe is a juicy and flavorful burger. You can customize it with your favorite toppings and seasonings to make it unique.

2. What is a simple yet delicious vegetarian option for the grill?

Grilled vegetable skewers are a great vegetarian option for the grill. Simply marinate your favorite veggies in oil, herbs, and spices, and grill until tender and slightly charred.

3. What is a tasty and healthy option for a demo?

Grilled salmon with a lemon and herb marinade is a delicious and healthy option for a demo. It showcases the versatility of the grill and the fresh flavors of the marinade.

4. What is a unique and impressive dessert recipe for the grill?

Grilled peaches with a drizzle of honey and a scoop of vanilla ice cream is a unique and delicious dessert option for the grill. It's quick, easy, and sure to impress.

5. What is a crowd-pleasing side dish that can be made on the grill?

Corn on the cob is a popular and tasty side dish that can easily be made on the grill. Simply soak the corn in water for 20 minutes, grill until slightly charred, and serve with butter and seasonings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • lacychef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • adnoel