• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Recipes for a Couples' Grilling Show?

In summary, the recipes that work best for a couples grilling show are the Gourmet Stuffed Burgers and the Patio Party Fajitas. The Gourmet Stuffed Burgers are great because they are easy to make and they are a hit with the men. The Patio Party Fajitas are also a hit because they are easy to make and they have a lot of toppings.
lacychef
Hey everyone, I've got my first couples' grilling show next week. For those of you that have done grilling shows before, what recipes work best? I think they guys are gonna grill & the ladies are going to make something to go with it. (I'm not a griller! That's dh's job:) )
Thanks for any suggestions!

Do you have the Grilling cards? I have done a couple grilling shows and we did the Gourmet Stuffed Burgers. I think the recipe makes 6 or 8 burgers, and what we did was cut them in half before serving. They were a hit.

mpkegley said:
Do you have the Grilling cards? I have done a couple grilling shows and we did the Gourmet Stuffed Burgers. I think the recipe makes 6 or 8 burgers, and what we did was cut them in half before serving. They were a hit.

I wouldn't recommend cutting them in half for serving men....I know my DH would be ticked with half a burger!

Gourmet Stuffed Burgers

2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup ketchup
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
6 slices (3/4 ounce each) American pasteurized process cheese food
4 strips bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled
6 hamburger buns or onion rolls, split
Optional toppings: lettuce, sliced onion, tomato or pickles

1. Crumble ground beef into Classic Batter Bowl. Add onion, ketchup, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt and black pepper; mix gently but thoroughly. Form mixture into 12 round patties, about 1/4 inch thick. Fold cheese slices into quarters and place on half of the patties. Top with bacon and remaining patties; seal well, forming six stuffed burgers.

2. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Place patties on grid of grill. Grill, covered, 11-14 minutes for medium (160° F) doneness or until meat is no longer pink near center, turning once using Barbecue Turner.

3. Meanwhile, place bun halves, cut side down, on grid of grill. Grill 30-60 seconds or until buns are lightly toasted. Place burgers in buns. Serve with toppings, if desired.

ChefBeckyD said:
I wouldn't recommend cutting them in half for serving men....I know my DH would be ticked with half a burger!

For a show, though, the host can have another side dish or maybe whip up some hot dogs too. We don't feed them a full dinner, they are just supposed to get a sample. I didn't have any complaints when we did this, but like I said, we had other food to go along with the burgers.

My director stresses "Sample sizes" but in my opinion it depends on the time of your show. If I go to a show on a week night I usuall suggest a "Dinner" recipe. If it's dinner time I try to make dinner b/c I don't want the guests walking away upset b/c they were at a PC show all evening and still have to go make dinner.
( I know I said dinner a lot!:rolleyes: )

Yeah, in my experience, with Couples Shows, guys come expecting to eat - they don't want to "sample".

The Italian Grilled Pizza in Casual Cooking is super yum.

Thanks for the suggestions! Maybe the burgers could be made just half as big, so you don't have to cut in half? I'll look through those recipe cards again & see what the host would like.

I did the Colossal Chopped Salad at one last year. The men grilled the chicken outside while me and the ladies prepared the salad inside. That thing is huge and served a lot!!! I did the dressing on the side and we had a variety for them to choose from.

We decided on the Margarita Grilled Shrimp from the grilling cards (only we're doing it w/chicken since she has a bunch of that). Has anyone tried it? It sounds yummy!
We're also doing veggies in the grill basket; I think someone's mentioned just adding some oil & maybe Italian seasoning, right?
We're also doing Apple berry salsa:thumbup:

lacychef said:
We decided on the Margarita Grilled Shrimp from the grilling cards (only we're doing it w/chicken since she has a bunch of that). Has anyone tried it? It sounds yummy!
We're also doing veggies in the grill basket; I think someone's mentioned just adding some oil & maybe Italian seasoning, right?
We're also doing Apple berry salsa:thumbup:

That sounds great! In fact, I may have to steal it for my show!

I would use the Rosemary Herb seasoning on the veggies! That's my favorite veggie seasoning! Mmmmm - a little of the garlic or basil oil, and some of that seasoning.....

In addition to the above, how about grilled chicken fajitas, BBQ chicken pizza, banana splits on the grill or even strawberry shortcakes on the grill!!!

YUM!

The Grilled Caesar Salad is absolutely delicious and super easy as well as impressive!

twinkie10 said:
In addition to the above, how about grilled chicken fajitas, BBQ chicken pizza, banana splits on the grill or even strawberry shortcakes on the grill!!!

YUM!
These sound great! Did you find the recipies on this site?

ChefBeckyD said:
That sounds great! In fact, I may have to steal it for my show!

I would use the Rosemary Herb seasoning on the veggies! That's my favorite veggie seasoning! Mmmmm - a little of the garlic or basil oil, and some of that seasoning.....
Oooh, yeah, the rosemary would be better!

1. What types of recipes are included in the "Recipe for Grilling Show"?

Our "Recipe for Grilling Show" includes a variety of recipes for grilling meats, vegetables, and even desserts. We also have options for those following special diets, such as vegetarian or gluten-free options.

2. Can I make these recipes on a traditional grill or do I need special equipment?

Our recipes can be made on a traditional grill, but we also offer tips and suggestions for using specialized equipment, such as a grill pan or smoker.

3. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Yes, our recipes use common and easy-to-find ingredients that can be found at most grocery stores. We also offer suggestions for substitutions if a specific ingredient is not available.

4. How long does the "Recipe for Grilling Show" typically last?

The "Recipe for Grilling Show" usually lasts about an hour, but can vary depending on the size of the group and the amount of questions and interaction during the show.

5. Can I customize the "Recipe for Grilling Show" to my specific preferences or dietary needs?

Yes, our consultants are happy to work with you to customize the "Recipe for Grilling Show" to fit your specific preferences or dietary needs. We want to help you find delicious and enjoyable recipes that work for you and your lifestyle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • adnoel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • marystell1