1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help! I need fool-proof grill recipes for the Rockcrok

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by Amanda_RI, Aug 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Amanda_RI

Amanda_RI Member Gold Member

Ok, grill-masters, I need some help. I have a host who would like me to demo the Rockcrok on her grill on 8/21.
    When I say I don't grill, I'm not exaggerating. I NEVER grill. ANYTHING.
    Does anyone have fool-proof recipes I could suggest to her? (And by fool-proof, I mean super-easy and laid out like a 5 year old was making it!)

Aug 11, 2014
  2. pchef2008

pchef2008 Silver Member

Amanda, I have done an apple galette that works really well for the rockcrok on the grill. You could use any fruit, really, but I like apples. I'm at work now, but I can PM it to you later today if you'd like. As far as fool-proof, I always tell my customers that if I can make, anyone can!

Aug 12, 2014
  3. pchef2008

pchef2008 Silver Member

An apple galette is sort of like an open face apple pie.

Aug 12, 2014
  4. Amanda_RI

Amanda_RI Member Gold Member

That would be fantastic--thank you!

Aug 12, 2014
  5. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

pchef2008, could you share the recipe with everyone?

Aug 12, 2014
  6. pchef2008

pchef2008 Silver Member

Sure! This was introduced by my director at one of our monthly meetings. I did some tweaking, but she is the one who first shared it. I always include a "tool list" for myself. It keeps me organized, and I don't lose tools that way. By the way, you can use either the Everyday Pan or the Dutch Oven. I always use the Everyday Pan since it's not so deep.

Grilled Apple Galette

INGREDIENTS:
    1 pre-made refrigerated pie crust
    1 (21 oz) can Lucky Leaf Apple Pie filling
    3 tablespoons turbinado sugar (Turdinado sugar is less refined and coarser than white or brown sugar. It has more molasses in it).
    2 teaspoons cinnamon
    2 tablespoons olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
    Heat grill to 375° - 400°. Add olive oil to Rockcrok and use the Chefs Silicone Basting Brush to completely coat the inside of the vessel with oil.
    Line the Rockcrok with the pie crust. Pour in the pie filling and spread out. Add the cinnamon and stir gently. Fold crust over the filling at the edges. Brush the outside of the crust with additional olive oil and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Sprinkle the galette with any remaining sugar and cinnamon and then place on grill and close lid.
    Grill for 15 - 20 minutes, or until crust has browned. Serve with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream.

TOOLS:
    Rockcrock
    Chefs Silicone Basting Brush
    2 1-cup Prep Bowls (olive oil/sugar)
    Baker’s Roller
    Smooth Edge Can Opener
    Nylon Knife
    Mini Nylon Serving Spatula/Nylon Slice ‘N Serve
    Small Mix ‘N Scraper/Batter Me Up Scraper
    Adjustable Measuring Spoon (tablespoon)
    Stackable Cooling Rack

Btw, there are pictures of this recipe on the web. Just google Apple Galette in images. The various takes on the recipe look a little different from each other, but you can get a great idea of what it should look like.

Aug 12, 2014
  7. byrd1956

byrd1956 Senior Member Gold Member

Wonder what happens if you are using a charcoal grill.

Aug 12, 2014
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted