• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Recipe for George Forman Grill!!

In summary, your host wants to use her George Forman grill for tonight's show. She said it is the "big round one"....not sure what this means.....and she has never cooked on it before. She recommends doing salsa with the salad choppers and maybe a few dips.
SusanBP0129
My host for tonight just called me to tell me she wants to use her George Forman grill for tonight's show. :eek: She said it is the "big round one"....not sure what this means.....:confused: I have never cooked on a George Forman grill before... so PLEASE HELP!! Any recipe ideas?????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Okay - maybe I'm wrong, but I would find a way to gently inform your host that you don't use other brands of products for your demo......You are there to demo and sell Pampered Chef products.......GF has his own marketing in place!

It is basically like the grill pan with a press (closes over the food).

I have the "big round one" - just means it is the family size one and holds more. Mine was a gift and honestly, I rarely use it because I don't like the taste too much. It sucks the grease out which is supposed to be healthier, but makes meat taste bland without the juices.

If you have to use it, maybe just do the jerk chicken salad and cook the chicken on it.

P.S. I vote for Becky's advice first...

Thank you ladies!! Excellent point!!! So....maybe I should do salsa with the salad choppers & maybe a few dips? What do you think? (Her oven is not working!)

SusanBP0129 said:
Thank you ladies!! Excellent point!!! So....maybe I should do salsa with the salad choppers & maybe a few dips? What do you think? (Her oven is not working!)

Excellent - redirect away from the stove. Emphasize that you don't have to heat up the house in the summer to have some good food on the table. That is a selling point for many. I know I hate to cook in the oven on hot days.

The salsa is great, the fresh cilantro really makes the taste. You can also use regular tomatoes rather than grape and still have it taste great.

Here is what I have been doing - and it has been a hit!

Salsa w/ the Salad Choppers, and Guacamole from our mix.....then Cool and Creamy Chocolate Fondue w/ Strawberries.......shows people 2 great appetizers they can make in less than 20 minutes (all together!) w/o heating up the kitchen!

Good point Becky. I have/had 2 George Foreman grills. One got tossed because the non-stick coating was flaking off. :eek: The other is going to the curb because I don't use it since I got my grill pan! :D Try marketing the grill pan especially to the host with the half-price special & have her talk it up to her guests before her show;)

1. How do I clean my George Foreman grill?

To clean your George Foreman grill, first unplug it and allow it to cool down. Then, use a damp cloth or sponge to wipe away any food particles. For tougher buildup, mix equal parts vinegar and water and use a soft cloth to scrub the grill plates. Rinse with warm water and dry with a clean cloth.

2. What are some good recipes to make on a George Foreman grill?

The George Foreman grill is versatile and can be used to cook a variety of foods. Some popular recipes include grilled chicken, vegetables, paninis, and even desserts like grilled peaches. You can find many recipes online or in cookbooks specifically for the George Foreman grill.

3. How do I prevent food from sticking to my George Foreman grill?

To prevent food from sticking, make sure to preheat the grill for at least 5 minutes before cooking. You can also lightly spray the grill plates with cooking spray or brush them with oil before adding your food. For especially delicate foods, you can also use parchment paper or aluminum foil on the grill plates.

4. Can I cook frozen food on a George Foreman grill?

Yes, you can cook frozen food on a George Foreman grill. However, it may take longer to cook and may not have the same texture as fresh food. It is recommended to thaw frozen food before cooking on the grill for best results.

5. How do I know when my food is done cooking on a George Foreman grill?

Cooking times on a George Foreman grill will vary depending on the type and thickness of the food. However, a good rule of thumb is to check for doneness by pressing down on the food with a spatula. If it feels firm and no longer squishy, it is likely done. You can also use a meat thermometer to ensure that meats have reached a safe internal temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • JessieG1212
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • MissChef