• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Help? Grilled Pound Cake & Pineapple?

In summary, the Grilled Pound Cake with Pineapple was delicious and received great feedback from the attendees. Suggestions were made to make the recipe easier to follow, such as toasting the coconut, using a different sauce, or using a different cake.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
HELP??? I am doing the grilled pound cake with grilled pineapple rings and coconut lime sauce as an extra recipe for a PITA host tonight. I've never done it b4 and ya'll know how uncomfy I am with trying new things...help?? Ideas?Suggestions? Tips?
I am doing it with the Grilled Chicken penne al Fresca

ok - found it - whew!Grilled Pound Cake with Pineapple
Pre-heat grill pan and press on medium heat.
Slice pound cake and baste each side with melted butter.
Grill with press about 3 minutes.
Serve with ice cream and fresh or frozen berries (warmed).Michael Reeves version:
Grill pineapple slices in grill pan and baste them with Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce then grill pound cake basted with melted butter. Toast coconut in small bar pan. Assemble: pound cake, pineapple, coconut then a drizzle of the Coconut Lime Sauce.

Let us know how it turns out! I've been wanting to do this one!

Becky!! Do it! It is so freakin good. Try it at home with your family.

Ooo...this sounds good. Going to share this at my team meeting tonight!!

dannyzmom said:
ok - found it - whew!

Grilled Pound Cake with Pineapple
Pre-heat grill pan and press on medium heat.
Slice pound cake and baste each side with melted butter.
Grill with press about 3 minutes.
Serve with ice cream and fresh or frozen berries (warmed).

Michael Reeves version:
Grill pineapple slices in grill pan and baste them with Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce then grill pound cake basted with melted butter. Toast coconut in small bar pan. Assemble: pound cake, pineapple, coconut then a drizzle of the Coconut Lime Sauce.

I really don't think the pineapple rum sauce is needed nor the toasted coconut. So I'm thinking just the cake,pineapple, some berries, the cocnut lime sauce with either cool whip or ice cream....

pamperedlinda said:
Carolyn, how did it turn out?

I've been wondering too! How was it?!

Ginger428 said:
I really don't think the pineapple rum sauce is needed nor the toasted coconut. So I'm thinking just the cake,pineapple, some berries, the cocnut lime sauce with either cool whip or ice cream....

It turned out yummy - everyone loved it - nobody bought grill pans. I did it as a secondary recipe for a pushy host who insisted. It was too much all-over-the-place to keep the crowd (teachers) under control so I wouldn't recommend it as a 2nd recipe - only as a main (only) recipe.
Ginger - in order to show more products I think the toasted coconut is a good idea (stoneware or cookware). The PR sauce gives the pineapple a little kick and the CL sauce gives the whole dessert a tropical edge - that was the most popular part.

dannyzmom said:
It turned out yummy - everyone loved it - nobody bought grill pans. I did it as a secondary recipe for a pushy host who insisted. It was too much all-over-the-place to keep the crowd (teachers) under control so I wouldn't recommend it as a 2nd recipe - only as a main (only) recipe.
Ginger - in order to show more products I think the toasted coconut is a good idea (stoneware or cookware). The PR sauce gives the pineapple a little kick and the CL sauce gives the whole dessert a tropical edge - that was the most popular part.

Good point. I didn't end up doing it last night at my show because she didn't have enough people to warrant a 2nd recipe. I can see how it would make the demo too long. I will have to try it at home at least!!

What are you making as your 1st recipe this month?

I might do this tonight as a 2nd recipe as my main demo recipe does not feature the grill pan. I'm going to the grocery store today and can easily pick up a pound cake. We're doing ice cream nachos as the main demo (host's choice) so we can just offer the grilled pound cake along with all the other toppings, too!

I made it last night at our team meeting. It was awesome! Definitely not a second recipe type of thing though.

I made up a word doc with the recipe to share with my team and attached it here in case anyone wants it.

Some of us don't care for coconut so one used the new chocolate peanut butter sauce and two of us used the new butterscotch rum sauce. OMG that BR sauce is to die for!!

Attachments

• Grilled Pound Cake with Ice Cream and Pineapple.doc
    26 KB · Views: 237
DebbieJ said:
I might do this tonight as a 2nd recipe as my main demo recipe does not feature the grill pan. I'm going to the grocery store today and can easily pick up a pound cake. We're doing ice cream nachos as the main demo (host's choice) so we can just offer the grilled pound cake along with all the other toppings, too!

Debbie - I tried the ICN's at a show a couple of weeks ago & it was a disaster!! What did I do wrong? The ice cream was totally melty and it was a mess to serve! Help??

dannyzmom said:

For Sure!! I love,love,love the CL Sauce!! :D

dannyzmom said:
Debbie - I tried the ICN's at a show a couple of weeks ago & it was a disaster!! What did I do wrong? The ice cream was totally melty and it was a mess to serve! Help??

Yep, that's how it is. Have to serve it RIGHT away. But people LOVE that it's melty and it gets soaked up by the tortilla chips! Tonight I think I might do it as a sundae bar instead and have the chips or the grilled pound cake.

I made the lb cake at a show..no one bought grill pan..they all want DCB..of course, that is my baby!

So, I am doing it again tmrw. Keep in mind, I baste it with the new orange oil and not butter now, 1.30 minutes on each side, three minutes total. I then take off pan, cut slice in half, and put on a plate. There should be ice cream and berries nearby. They serve themselves.

The pan is not selling. I have marketed it...I personally love it. I know we are not supposed to pre-judge what people will buy but people are not spending 150 on a pan. Not in New Mexico.

I will be back to making DCB desserts...rocky road brownies. and am getting off the grill pan express. Not worth my time, no matter how much I love it.

Yeah, no bites at my show tonight either.

What I have heard..."Its back to school shopping time. We just go back from vacation. I cannot justify a $150 pan." Unfortunately, I have heard that variation several times. :(

Melissa78 said:
What I have heard..."Its back to school shopping time. We just go back from vacation. I cannot justify a $150 pan." Unfortunately, I have heard that variation several times. :(

That's exactly what I've been hearing. Even my historically spendiest customers turned their noses up at it.

I've only had 2 go for it, but they saw it through my newsletter & said they have been wanting it for a long time & have to have it! :D. Also my last show as I was going on about it, a lady asked me If I had the 12in skillet with me ( which I did) and she bought it & the lid no questions asked!! :D

Ginger428 said:
I've only had 2 go for it, but they saw it through my newsletter & said they have been wanting it for a long time & have to have it! :D. Also my last show as I was going on about it, a lady asked me If I had the 12in skillet with me ( which I did) and she bought it & the lid no questions asked!! :D

Isn't that the greatest when someone does this? Love it! Congratulations!
:party:

bethcooks4u said:
I made it last night at our team meeting. It was awesome! Definitely not a second recipe type of thing though.

I made up a word doc with the recipe to share with my team and attached it here in case anyone wants it.

Some of us don't care for coconut so one used the new chocolate peanut butter sauce and two of us used the new butterscotch rum sauce. OMG that BR sauce is to die for!!

Beth, I am not a fan of the CL sauce but when I had it on pound cake...I fell in love. Can't wait to try the BR sauce! I am going to do this at my meeting on Monday night.

baychef said:
Beth, I am not a fan of the CL sauce but when I had it on pound cake...I fell in love. Can't wait to try the BR sauce! I am going to do this at my meeting on Monday night.

My husband loves coconut and lime but doesn't like he CL sauce. He says it's like artificial bananas or canned pineapple - just not as good. lol. I say to each his own. No one likes everything so we need to have variety. I buy multiple bottles of many of our pantry items and none of others.

At my team meeting the other night I tried to do a training on pantry shows but EVERYONE that was there shot it down before I got anywhere saying the sauces are all too expensive. None of my tips even started to sway them so I just ended it with this info is I cc and I encourage you to check it out. So discouraging. I'm ready to just end the meetings. This is one of many frustrations they present.

bethcooks4u said:
At my team meeting the other night I tried to do a training on pantry shows but EVERYONE that was there shot it down before I got anywhere saying the sauces are all too expensive. None of my tips even started to sway them so I just ended it with this info is I cc and I encourage you to check it out. So discouraging. I'm ready to just end the meetings. This is one of many frustrations they present.

I agree that they are expensive in comparison to the budget that I need to keep my family on and I wouldn't buy them if I weren't a consultant. I don't have any trouble selling them though. Have they ever been to/ordered Tastefully Simple???? It is much more expensive than our pantry line and that is all they sell. Lots of people LOVE TS and buy it all the time.

cincychef said:
I agree that they are expensive in comparison to the budget that I need to keep my family on and I wouldn't buy them if I weren't a consultant. I don't have any trouble selling them though. Have they ever been to/ordered Tastefully Simple???? It is much more expensive than our pantry line and that is all they sell. Lots of people LOVE TS and buy it all the time.

That was one comparison I did and the answer was "who buys those either?" uggg. Time for new people.

I made up the 3 parts cream cheese varieties and the two sc/mayo tips yesterday for our meeting and passed them around to taste. Gave examples of how a pantry show might look. Many were surprised at how well they liked them in dip form and had never tried them before. Not sure if any of them will try it or not. I did have a newer consultant that asked me what the deal was with one of the other people that is new on the team. Guess she had approached her and told her how boring the meeting was---nice! I had 6 drawings for free items, taught them a new game that rocks, the pantry demo, and we played new product jeopardy, plus we had tons of free stuff a former consultant unloaded. How's that boring?!

bethcooks4u said:
That was one comparison I did and the answer was "who buys those either?" uggg. Time for new people.

LOL..agreed about the time for new people...I am having that issue as well!!

Have you given them the scenario that the Go for No people used as far as how much would they pay for ------? Try to think of something they would pay a lot for but others would not.

Also, I always tell my team members that it does not matter if I like a product or not...it is what the customer feels meets THEIR needs! I have posted numerous times in numerous ways how I hate the Maple Honey Mustard Sauce. Yet, I just went to a party where a woman purchased it a year or so ago and loves it!! So as someone who is there to serve my customers, I will not discourage her from it.

I was so excited about the new dessert sauces especially the Chocolate Peanut Butter. Remember the kid on "A Christmas Story" when he was anticipating the Ovaltine secret message decoder? That was me (yes, I lead a sad existence!!!). So I opend the sauce with anticipation and was highly disappointed. Of course I had to taste it more to discover why. Then it hit me that I felt as if I was eating chocolate peanut butter tasting corn syrup. Then looked at the ingredients and read that I hit the nail on the head. And just like the kid in the movie that discovered the secret message was to drink more Ovaltine...I too was disappointed!!

Did not think I would rave over the Chocolate Carmel, but that one did appeal to me MUCH more. When someone likes the taste of something, they will pay a little more to have that product.

flemings99 said:
I made up the 3 parts cream cheese varieties and the two sc/mayo tips yesterday for our meeting and passed them around to taste. Gave examples of how a pantry show might look. Many were surprised at how well they liked them in dip form and had never tried them before. Not sure if any of them will try it or not. I did have a newer consultant that asked me what the deal was with one of the other people that is new on the team. Guess she had approached her and told her how boring the meeting was---nice! I had 6 drawings for free items, taught them a new game that rocks, the pantry demo, and we played new product jeopardy, plus we had tons of free stuff a former consultant unloaded. How's that boring?!

I thanked you for the great suggestion. It sounds to me that the one "Debbie Downer" has a bad PC attitude. Usually when they are bored, they either have a bad attitude or are ready to create their own team...ask her to do part of the next meeting. Then she will realize many things. She will realize that it is not as easy as it looks and it puts her in the driver's seat to make it "fun" according to her standards!!

1. Can I use any type of pound cake for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of pound cake for this recipe. However, we recommend using a plain vanilla pound cake for the best flavor combination with the grilled pineapple.

2. How long should I grill the pound cake and pineapple?

The grilling time will depend on the thickness of your pound cake slices and the heat of your grill. Generally, you should grill each side for about 2-3 minutes, or until grill marks appear and the cake is slightly crispy. The pineapple should be grilled for about 3-4 minutes per side.

3. Can I use canned pineapple instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use canned pineapple for this recipe. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different than using fresh pineapple. Make sure to drain the canned pineapple before grilling to prevent excess moisture.

4. Do I need to brush the pound cake and pineapple with oil before grilling?

Yes, it is recommended to lightly brush both sides of the pound cake and pineapple with oil before grilling. This will help prevent sticking and add a nice char to the grilled fruit.

5. Can I serve this with any toppings?

Absolutely! You can serve this with a variety of toppings such as whipped cream, ice cream, caramel sauce, or even a sprinkle of cinnamon. Get creative and have fun with it!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Loveh20mi