• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Press Use with Grill Pan: Exploring Your Options

In summary, the new grill press does not have to be used with the grill pan. It can be used as a weight, but to get the grill marks you need to use the grill pan or cook on a grill.
SusanBP0129
Does the new grill press have to be used with the grill pan?

Nope! But, make sure that you don't heat the grill PRESS. It is supposed to be used as a weight. So, in order to get the grill marks you need to use the grill pan or cook on a grill!

Last edited:
don't HEAT the grill pan?

So, I could use it with a regular fry pan to make a panini sandwich....it just wouldn't have the grill marks, right?

Carolyn, I caught that too!!! LOLWhy not heat the grill pan, isn't that the whole point of cooking? I just assumed that in order to cook you need heat!!:) LOL

dannyzmom said:
don't HEAT the grill pan?

Yup! I thought that was silly because you have to flip the sandwich to get the grill marks for a panini. It will get hot, but you're not supposed to heat it. I thought you would put it in the grill pan right on the bottom, get both of them hot, and then add the sandwich between the two hot grill bits to get grill marks on both sides at the same time. Why does the press even have grill bars if it can't leave grill marks?:rolleyes:

Susan - yes.

Thank you! I can't wait to use it! I currently put a heavy pot on top of my sandwiches to "press" them. (grilled cheese, etc) :)

cmdtrgd said:
Yup! I thought that was silly because you have to flip the sandwich to get the grill marks for a panini. It will get hot, but you're not supposed to heat it. I thought you would put it in the grill pan right on the bottom, get both of them hot, and then add the sandwich between the two hot grill bits to get grill marks on both sides at the same time. Why does the press even have grill bars if it can't leave grill marks?:rolleyes:

Where did you read this?

In the New Products Workshop at Conference. I could be wrong, but check your Use and Care card before heating it.

cmdtrgd said:
Nope! But, make sure that you don't heat the grill pan. It is supposed to be used as a weight. So, in order to get the grill marks you need to use the grill pan or cook on a grill!

I think what Kate MEANS to say is "Don't heat the Grill Press", not grill pan!

Heh...you're right, Becky...I'll change that!

Wow...heat + Science Camp kids = stupid mistakes!!!

Kate, I wouldn't worry, I kept chuckling! LOL!!:)

We have a place in town here....Milwaukee that is, that does pannini under a press similar to the one we are offereing. It too is not heated. The guy puts the sandwhich on a grill the size of our double burner ones and it has the grill "bumps" on it. He puts on the press then flips it half way through so...
The only other thing I have seen is an electric one. Those puppies cost more than our grill pan plus the press in price and they are no where near as veritile.
Now if it could be explained as to why the press too has the gird on it, wed be all set. I didn't get that either if it is only used as a weight.

Well, that's kind of silly. If it's not going to be heated, and we still have to flip the sammiches, what's the point? You can just press sandwiches with your spatula as you cook them, then flip them over. I think I won't spend my money on this one. If I get it free somehow, that's another story. ;)

It is a cool tool, but I too wonder why it has the grill bars. I've seen Rachel Ray just put foil over a brick to make paninis!
A tip I learned in the new product class was to NOT use the press in the family skillet--it will get stuck! The one lady said she learned that first hand! OOOPS!

Related to Grill Press Use with Grill Pan: Exploring Your Options

What is a grill press and how is it used with a grill pan?

A grill press is a heavy, flat cooking tool that is placed on top of food while it is being cooked on a grill pan. It helps to evenly distribute heat and create grill marks on the food. To use a grill press with a grill pan, simply place the press on top of the food while it is cooking and apply gentle pressure.

What are the benefits of using a grill press with a grill pan?

Using a grill press with a grill pan can help to speed up cooking time, create more even cooking, and produce beautiful grill marks on your food. It also helps to prevent food from curling or shrinking while cooking.

Can any type of grill press be used with a grill pan?

Yes, any type of grill press can be used with a grill pan as long as it fits comfortably on top of the pan and is made of heat-resistant materials such as cast iron, stainless steel, or aluminum.

Are there any specific tips for using a grill press with a grill pan?

To get the best results, make sure to preheat your grill pan and press before adding food. Also, make sure to oil the grill pan and not the press to prevent sticking. It's also important to use oven mitts or a kitchen towel to handle the hot press.

Are there any alternative options for using a grill press with a grill pan?

If you do not have a grill press, you can use a heavy skillet or another flat, heavy object to press down on the food while cooking. You can also use a grill weight, which is specifically designed for use on a grill pan and typically has a handle for easier use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • chefheidi2003