• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Cross Sell Idea for 12 Inch Skillet Excutive Cookware

In summary, the author liked her skillet the best. She recommended the Mix n Chop to brown the beef, the 12 inch skillet to make spagetti sauce, and the grill pan.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
Last Friday I made homemade lasaugna for dinner, I browned the hamburger meat in the 12 inch skillet, and then I thought well I will jsut see what happends when I slowly add the sauce, WELL I made spagetti sauce in my 12 inch skillet... well I was eating and it hit me on the head that I have a cross sell for the skillet.... You can make a small pot of spagetti sauce in the skillet!! Just thought I would share something that I found out by cooking in my own kitchen.. I love this business for that very reason!!

Note to self: Add skillet to wishlist...

I hope you used the Mix n Chop to brown your ground beef, Leah too!

Ooh, I love love LOVE my 12 inch skillet. :)

pamperedharriet said:
I hope you used the Mix n Chop to brown your ground beef, Leah too!

I used it not only to brown the groundbeef but I used it to stir in the sauce as well.. I LOVE IT!!!

This skillet is my absolute favorite and most used piece of cookware...if I could only keep one piece, this would be the one!

You can brown 3# of meat (using the mix n chop, of course!) drain and rinse (in the large colander, of course!) and then measure out 2 cups of cooked meat into quart size freezer bags. Then, just thaw in the micro when you need browned hamburger!

Use it all the time for Hamburger Helper (my hubby LOVES this stuff...I know it's not healthy, though!)

Made a ton of fried potatoes a couple of weeks ago (testing out my UM)

This product is the best!

This has to be one of my fave pieces of cookware.... as well I use it ALOT .... and coming in second would be the grill pan!!!

I use my stir fry skillet for everything that has been listed- do you guys think I need the family skillet too?

mommyhugz1978 said:
This has to be one of my fave pieces of cookware.... as well I use it ALOT .... and coming in second would be the grill pan!!!

Yep, the grill pan is a close second. I have the prof grill pan and can't wait til I can trade up for the exec. Once I acquire everything else I want, that will be the next thing on my list. PC just has to stop introducing so much new stuff !!!! :p

My Dh keeps reminding me that we are running out of room and I tell him no were not he rolls his eyes at me....

mommyhugz1978 said:
I used it not only to brown the groundbeef but I used it to stir in the sauce as well.. I LOVE IT!!!

I forgot about using it to stir in the sauce as well! My DH doesn't get it but told me that if everyone else loves it that's all that matters and keep on selling them.:D

their one of the best things invented in my book!!

I need to work on getting more of our pans too. I am still using my 30 + old Farberware and hid my Farberware saute pan so I can use my Prof. Saute Pan that I earned back in 2004.

I earned the 8 inch saute pan last year.... and I was hooked ever sense

mommyhugz1978 said:
their one of the best things invented in my book!!

Isn't it funny how something like that gets us all excited!:)

mommyhugz1978 said:
I earned the 8 inch saute pan last year.... and I was hooked ever sense

Same with me! The ice cube thing just gets me too excited! [okay, i am setting myself up for that one!] hahaha...

I made eyes go bugged eyed at a show when i did that ... I Love it!!

pamperedharriet said:
Isn't it funny how something like that gets us all excited!:)

Maybe it's why we sell pc becasue we love the products!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I made eyes go bugged eyed at a show when i did that ... I Love it!!

Me too! People are amazed and take notice after seeing that. I am now starting to sell more cookware--finally!

mommyhugz1978 said:
Maybe it's why we sell pc becasue we love the products!!

It sure helps! I must say that this season's new products are much better to me than some seasons. I try not to downplay my thoughts on products I don't "get" and do find myself upplaying the ones I love or wish I had. Our enthusiasm is what helps sell the products.

I have learned through the past year that the more I share my experinces with the products the more they want to buy them.. and the stuff that I have at my demos they buy!!!! So i started doing a demo that requires higher priced items LOL!!!

I have the Gen II Skillet. I have the 7 and 5 piece set of the Executive that I got as a half price item. I have been wanting the Ex. Skillet since I got the other, but keep telling myself then Gen II is great too. But I do not like to use it at shows since it is retired. And I love it the one time I did a "live" cooking demo in my skillet.

I told my husband he could give me money for our anniversary next weekend if he wanted to and I would buy the Ex Skillet! What a romantic anniversary present!!! :D He does not like giving me money though - he likes giving me the present so I am expecting some of the other stuff I picked out.

You know Jennifer the reason men are so creative in giving gifts is becasue we give them our wish list hehehehe :D my husband is the excat same way!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
You know Jennifer the reason men are so creative in giving gifts is becasue we give them our wish list hehehehe :D my husband is the excat same way!!

Aren't wish lists the best!:D

Oh Yeah they are... :D especailly for brithdays and anniversarys!!!

I can't wait to get my Executive Cookware. I am ordering it this month during kit enhancement month to save the 40%!! (and my 4th month is in May, so I will get more cookware then too!)

gilliandanielle said:
I use my stir fry skillet for everything that has been listed- do you guys think I need the family skillet too?
I use the Family Skillet FAR more than the stir-fry. It's easier to cook a large amount of something evenly, because there's more "bottom" surface to the pan. You'll wonder how you got along without it!

I use the family skillet a lot more than the stir-fry also but I do love them both. I agree with Ann. You will wonder how you got along with out it.

Sandy

I couldn't wait to get the Double Burner Griddle. I earned it last year (or the year before) during that promotion. I like it BUT...it is a slight pain in the butt trying to regulate the temperature. I just got the new Executive Griddle. LOVE IT!!! It doesn't have as much surface area as the DBG, but it cooks more evenly and I don't have to worry about burning my pancakes!

ice cubes/cookware?
pamperedharriet said:
Me too! People are amazed and take notice after seeing that. I am now starting to sell more cookware--finally!
Can someone explain what amazing thing you're doing with ice cubes that helps you sell cookware? I"m SO intrigued!!!! TIA!

Chef Kearns said:
I couldn't wait to get the Double Burner Griddle. I earned it last year (or the year before) during that promotion. I like it BUT...it is a slight pain in the butt trying to regulate the temperature. I just got the new Executive Griddle. LOVE IT!!! It doesn't have as much surface area as the DBG, but it cooks more evenly and I don't have to worry about burning my pancakes!

Do you have a gas or electric stove when using the double burner griddle. I was thinking about buying one.

debswork said:
Do you have a gas or electric stove when using the double burner griddle. I was thinking about buying one.
I have a gas stove, and the front and back burners are different sizes. It did take some getting used to till I figured out what to set each of the burners on if I wanted it to be the same temp over the entire surface. I do REALLY like my DBG and I am so glad I got it free during our Exec. cookware promo! I don't like how grilled cheese comes out using our bar pan, but I can make them all at the same time using the DBG and they come out exactly how I like them! Only thing I DON'T like on this is scrambled eggs, but I am a scrambled egg snob and I am very particular. They don't seem to cook the same way on the griddle as they do in a saute pan!

4kids4me said:
Can someone explain what amazing thing you're doing with ice cubes that helps you sell cookware? I"m SO intrigued!!!! TIA!

You literally just put an ice cube in any of our cookware, and just watch it melt in front of your eyes!! I only have the 8" saute pan....so that is what I use! Try it at home and you will be amazed!! Then do it at shows ;)

jenniferknapp said:
You literally just put an ice cube in any of our cookware, and just watch it melt in front of your eyes!! I only have the 8" saute pan....so that is what I use! Try it at home and you will be amazed!! Then do it at shows ;)
Make sure you pass the pan around at the shows...and have them touch the outside edges....they are cold! This shows how quickly and evenly our pans heat! People go nuts over this one!

Defrosting items in your Prof cookware!I love to just defrost items out of my freeze with my cookware on top of cooking with it! I take items out of my freezer, lay them inside of it and viola! they defrost! Remember how they distribute the cold and the hot (the ice cube demo), well I use them to ddefrost my items out of my freezer and then cook in it!!!

I love it!

AldeaY said:
I love to just defrost items out of my freeze with my cookware on top of cooking with it! I take items out of my freezer, lay them inside of it and viola! they defrost! Remember how they distribute the cold and the hot (the ice cube demo), well I use them to ddefrost my items out of my freezer and then cook in it!!!

I love it!

I do the same thing. Using it to defrost totally wows my DH for some reason.

AldeaY said:
I love to just defrost items out of my freeze with my cookware on top of cooking with it! I take items out of my freezer, lay them inside of it and viola! they defrost! Remember how they distribute the cold and the hot (the ice cube demo), well I use them to ddefrost my items out of my freezer and then cook in it!!!

I love it!

Wow, didn't know that but yet it does make perfectly sense that you could do that! That is awesome. I love that and will definately have to make sure I tell my customers about that. What a great selling idea. I've done the ice cube demo already and that blew them away, this may even sell even more cookware and I'm all in favor of that!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for sharing that tip!

AldeaY said:

I love it!

ChefAnn told mentioned that "trick" before!! She also said that if you it on a stackable cooling rack, it will allow for more warm air flow underneath the pan...defrosting even faster!

DebbieJ said:
I do the same thing. Using it to defrost totally wows my DH for some reason.

hahaah!! My hubby is fascinated by this phenomenon as well...

ok -- I would by lying if I said I didn't love it as well, but he's seriously fixated on it.

Customers love this -- I talk about how you forget to take something out for dinner... and then I "cross sell" power cooking theme shows with it :)

I love, love, love my Exec cookware & today the 12 qt stockpot I treated myself to arrived!!!:D
What is with the defrosting? What are you doing how????:confused:
......sorry, I'm totally clueless on that & will probably feel real dumb when I find out.
I to, have done the ice cube trick and it does bring better attention to the cookware. I know myself, before I became a consultant & was just a regular
PC "cult member" (DH's name:rolleyes: ), I would just pass over the cookware in the catalog & never consider it. My ears came to a screeching halt at a show when I heard "non-stick on the outside".:D That was it, then & there! I signed up as a consultant and hosted my own first show & took advantage of the half-price combo.:D :D
I have one of the saucepans & cover lent out over the weekend to someone at work. She was asking about a 14" wok. I showed her the stir fry skillet (next ). She said her DH does the cooking & drags her around the kitchen stores every weekend. So she is taking it to show him. Here's hoping!

By the way, how long should it take for mid season products to come & why don't you see any shipping info on CC about that?

jenniferknapp said:
ChefAnn told mentioned that "trick" before!! She also said that if you it on a stackable cooling rack, it will allow for more warm air flow underneath the pan...defrosting even faster!
Set it over a bowl of HOT water (or across a sink filled with hot water) and it'll work even better!

I can tell you the nerdy reason it does that....

It's heat transfer. The aluminum that the pan is made of is an excellent conductor of heat. That's why they make pans out of it. And it doesn't matter whether the heat is from the oven, a burner, or just the air - it will transfer the heat from the environment into whatever is sitting on the pan. Cast iron (and stoneware!) is not a good conductor of heat, which is why it stays warm so long. But because of that, it also won't work well for the defrosting trick.

1. Can I make sauces in the 12 inch skillet from the Executive Cookware line?

Yes, the 12 inch skillet is versatile enough to be used for cooking sauces, including spaghetti sauce. Its size and depth make it perfect for simmering and reducing sauces to the desired consistency.

2. Is the 12 inch skillet suitable for making lasagna?

Absolutely! The 12 inch skillet is the perfect size for making lasagna. Its non-stick surface makes it easy to brown meat and its depth allows for multiple layers of pasta and sauce.

3. Can I use the 12 inch skillet for other dishes besides frying and sautéing?

Yes, the 12 inch skillet is a versatile piece of cookware that can be used for a variety of dishes. It can be used for boiling, simmering, and even baking. The possibilities are endless!

4. Is the 12 inch skillet easy to clean?

Yes, the 12 inch skillet is designed with a non-stick surface, making it easy to clean. Simply wipe it down with a damp cloth or wash it with warm soapy water. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

5. Can I use the 12 inch skillet on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the 12 inch skillet is suitable for use on all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Its heavy-duty construction ensures even heat distribution for perfect cooking results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mminikus
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kspry
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies