• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Got My New Little Lap Top Today

In summary, the new 10 inch screen computer is perfect for shows. It has a built in webcam and wireless capability. It also has a mouse with wireless capability. The downside is that it is slow to use and has only 3GB of memory.
kreaser
Gold Member
yea me!!!! I got my new little purse size computer today and love itl...It's an Eee PC...10 inch screen with built in webcam and all,...and wireless...it's so fun and cute...got my PP3 transferred over to it and ready to go...I had to buy a mouse though, cuz I just can't function properly with those little scroll screens....my mouse is wireless too..going to try it at my shows starting next week...have 10 shows to still do this month whoohhhhhh

I borrowed an HP Mini last week and I loved it....I was the person who said "I will never use a laptop" and here I am already own a laptop and loved the HP Mini...

I wondered how these would be to use. Let us know how you like it at your shows. I'm afraid I wouldn't like the keyboard.

My DH got me a 17" Dell for mother's day last year and I love it. Then I saw those mini's and thought they would be perfect to pack around and especially to shows. I love my Dell and absolutely love being able to directly enter orders into P3. You'll love it too...especiall with 10 shows coming up!!! It makes check out much quicker and more efficient.

It is an asus Eee...being its the 10 inch one the key pads are the regular size of a keyboard,,ust not a numbers pad on the right side...but I do love the mouse with it...also I can change the font size to normal, large, or ex.large.for us who are "coming of age" for reading glasses..i'll let you know how the shows goes...guess I have to go get my nails shorter now

I've had a mini for about 2 months and was going to post an update today...then I saw your thread, so I'm posting here.

I love my netbook (Acer) and wouldn't give it up, but there are limitations. I specifically bought it to use at shows and for the internet while traveling...which is about all it can handle. There is only 3GB of memory, so once you add on P3 and a thorough security program like Norton, it starts to run very slow. I find I still use my desktop for all my document management.

(If there are computer geeks here who can advice otherwise, please jump in.)

legacypc46 said:
I've had a mini for about 2 months and was going to post an update today...then I saw your thread, so I'm posting here.

I love my netbook (Acer) and wouldn't give it up, but there are limitations. I specifically bought it to use at shows and for the internet while traveling...which is about all it can handle. There is only 3GB of memory, so once you add on P3 and a thorough security program like Norton, it starts to run very slow. I find I still use my desktop for all my document management.

(If there are computer geeks here who can advice otherwise, please jump in.)

exactly the same for me. I think it actually runs a little slow to do right at shows.

For anybody that's interested, Woot! has them today for $149.99!
woot.com

was debating on one of these.....glad you started this post!

I was looking at the Dell 10" but I didn't purchase one because of the limitations on memory. The one on woot! would be even worse with only 512mb of RAM-- unless there is an op to upgrade or add memory on your own, P3 will probably not even work on it. And only 4GB of memory? Yikes! I would have to take a hard drive with me where ever I went!Of course, if you are buying it just to have around, it would be a good toy, but will be slow.Actually just bought my son a new Dell with 6GB of RAM and a 320GB hard drive. Along with a 1 TB Portable Hard Drive You get spoiled, you know?I also prefer an Intel Dual Core processor. HATE AMDs! I have only owned one in my lifetime and will NEVER do that again!Yes, I am a techy...I have a degree in MIS (computer science).

What are the benefits of using my new little laptop?

Your new little laptop is designed to be compact and portable, making it easy to take with you on-the-go. It also has a long battery life, fast processing speed, and can be used for both work and entertainment purposes.

Can I connect my new little laptop to the internet?

Yes, your new little laptop has built-in Wi-Fi capabilities so you can easily connect to the internet wherever there is a wireless network available. You can also use an ethernet cable to connect to the internet if needed.

What type of programs can I use on my new little laptop?

Your new little laptop has a variety of programs pre-installed, such as a web browser, email client, and word processing software. You can also download and install additional programs that are compatible with your laptop's operating system.

Is it easy to transfer files from my old laptop to my new little laptop?

Yes, you can easily transfer files from your old laptop to your new little laptop by using a USB drive, external hard drive, or by transferring them over a network. You can also use cloud storage services to access your files on both laptops.

What kind of warranty does my new little laptop come with?

Your new little laptop comes with a standard manufacturer's warranty that covers any defects or malfunctions. You can also purchase additional extended warranties for added protection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• reba515
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies