• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Got a New Job - May Hang up My Apron

In summary, Di got a job as a receptionist at her sister's company. She is training tomorrow and starting work next week.
pampchefrhondab
I got a surprise call from my sister last night. They were looking for a part-time receptionist where she works and she thought I might be interested. She knew my day job has been really slow and my PC business hasn't been as busy as it once was - partly my own fault not working it as hard, but also the economy.

I slept on it and then decided I would try to get the job. Well I had an interview today and the owner called me before I even got home to offer me the job.:chef::blushing: I start training tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.

Anyway, if I really like it I think I'm going to give up my PC business. I'm really tired of having to call to follow-up with people, host coaching, etc. I still enjoy doing the shows, but that is it. I'm tired of lugging all the products and getting ready for the shows. I'm also tired of trying to keep up with all the incentives, new products, etc. This job takes a lot more time then simply doing the shows. I enjoyed it a lot at first, but now I'm tired of it and just don't get excited anymore.

I probably won't quit until I actually run out of shows, but I won't be working hard to get them either. I won't be working any booths, advertising, etc.

I guess if I give it up and change my mind I can always come back to it. My new job I'll be working Friday evenings and all day Saturday and bringing home $600/month. Not bad for 1 1/2 days work. A lot less time then I spend on PC now and I don't make near that much after all the expense of supplies.

I'm a little nervous about the new job, but excited too. I feel very lucky it just came to me. I feel God is leading me in a new direction. Before I felt he didn't want me to give up PC, but now I feel like maybe I will be.

I'm going to the Spring launch in Columbus, Ohio, maybe I'll get excited and change my mind, but I doubt it. We will see.

Sorry to ramble, but I'm sure others have felt the same as me at one time or another. Thanks for listening.

You're going to Columbus? Wonderful! I'll see you there!I work a FT job and have before I did the business. I agree it can be hard balancing it all. But extra money is always nice, even though I am not making a profit. Right now I am struggling to stay active and frustrated by a lot of things.I don't go overboard in supplies but buy product every time I sell cash and carry ... so I still spend too much!See ya in Columbus ... I hope we get what we need.

Hi Di, yes I'll be in Columbus. I'm glad you got in - I saw your post when it was closed for a while.

Yes, it is hard to balance it all. With working my other job and now this one and having 3 children at home I really don't think I'll have time for PC, but we will see. They say the busier you are the more you get done! I do enjoy the money I get from PC when it's good - like my November.

I've been thinking about giving it up for a while now, but just didn't want to until I had something else to replace it. I may be talking too early since I don't know if I will like the new job, but I am excited about it. I think working weekends will get old for me, but I have Monday's off so I'll still have 2 days in a row off.

At first I thought no way, I don't want to work Friday night and Saturday, but then I woke up at 3 a.m. and thought about the advantages. The schedule works great with my day job and I'll make a lot more then I do with PC. We've had a lot of unexpected expenses this year - like my husband's car needing $900 in repairs yesterday just for one. I guess maybe God was giving me the answer to my prayers about how we are going to pay all the bills. I thought at 3 a.m., "What do I have to lose to try this job?" I can always quit, but I may regret not taking it. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

We should try to catch up in Columbus. Has anyone started a time/place to meet? I'm not sure if I'm going up the night before or just the morning of yet.

Well off to bed, 6 a.m. is going to be here fast! I usually go to work around noon so 8 a.m. is early for me:)! Whice is really funny because for almost 15 years I started work at 6:30 a.m. and got up at 4:30!!

Keep an eye out for me in Columbus, too. Rhonda, I wish you all the best whether you choose to continue with PC or decide to set away from it for now. I'll be praying for clear guidance for you.

Thanks Rae! I started this morning - a lot to learn:)!

I want to catch up with you in Columbus for sure. If you'll have a cell phone on you I'll PM you my number and I'll get yours.

1. What is the reason for your new job and leaving Pampered Chef?

I have decided to explore new opportunities and challenges in my career and have accepted a new job offer. While I have greatly enjoyed my time at Pampered Chef, I believe this new role will allow me to grow and develop professionally.

2. Will you still be selling Pampered Chef products?

While I will no longer be working for Pampered Chef, I will always be a loyal customer and advocate for their amazing products. I will continue to use and recommend their products to friends and family.

3. How has working at Pampered Chef prepared you for your new job?

Working at Pampered Chef has provided me with valuable skills in customer service, sales, and time management. I have also learned a lot about the importance of building strong relationships with clients and the value of teamwork.

4. Are you sad to be leaving your coworkers and the company?

Of course, I will miss my coworkers and the wonderful culture at Pampered Chef. However, I am excited for this new opportunity and am grateful for the friendships and memories I have made during my time here.

5. Can you share any advice for someone starting a new job?

My advice would be to stay open to learning and new experiences. Take the time to get to know your coworkers and build strong relationships. And most importantly, don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies