• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gloves for Food Service: Have You Experienced This?

In summary, Shawnna does not wear gloves, but makes sure to wash her hands before starting her demo. Debbie does wear gloves, but notes that they are not necessary because as long as you wash your hands before handling different foods, you will be safe.
ktmoms
Hey guys! I was just wondering how many of you wear gloves to do your shows and if you don't has anyone ever said anything about it. My hands are so small they just get in the way of what I'm trying to do. I did my first show Sat. and no one said anything, but my mom had went with me and mentioned that somewhere down the road someone might not like it that I am handling the food with no gloves. Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone and how they handled it. I did wash my hands before I started!!!

Thanks,
ktmoms

I haven't had anyone question my not using gloves. But if you like you can ask the hostess prior to show, or ask the guest at beginning of show if they would prefer you wear gloves. Just an idea.

I wear glovesI always wear gloves, but I have a fetish with food handling. If you do not use gloves I would strongly suggest that you make it a point to make sure everyone knows you have washed your hands. Before you start your demo, I would say something like, excuse me one moment while I wash my hands before starting. That way everyone knows your hands are clean. Hope I helped.

Debbie :)

I have been in PC 7 years. I tried to wear gloves 1 time and didnt feel comfortable in them. I try to announce that "I am washing my hands so we can get started" so they can see me doing it. Then I try to wash them throughout the show.

I make sure to wash my hands after all of the guests have arrived, noting 'I'll wash my hands and we can get started'. I've never had any comments (to my face!)

I work with nutrition centers in 7 counties. Our dietition always has our cooks/servers wear gloves because the health department requires it for places that serve meals to people...however, she says gloves are really not necessary because as long as you wash your hands before handling different foods you won't contaminate anything. If you wear gloves to handle one food, you need to put on new gloves to handle a different food. So, as long as you wash your hands as you go you are just as safe, if not more safe than wearing gloves. Gloves give people a false sense of security as far as food handling is concerned. I hope this makes sense. I never wear gloves, but I wash my hands throughout my show. I always make sure the guests/host sees that I am washing my hands.

Shawnna

Thanks, it is good to know I'm not the only one not comfortable wearing the gloves. Hopefully, no one will have a problem as long as they can see I am washing my hands.

ktmoms

Washing hands as part of showOne of the things that I do is to use the Lemon & Rosemary PC soap in the Suds Pump. I make it a part of the beginning of my show and pass the pump and a towel around for people to try. If you use our soap, you don't need to rinse - just wipe off with a towel. It doesn't dry your hands out like the sanitizers do. Everyone loves it! That way, your guests know that you've just washed your hands and I usually sell a bunch of the suds pumps.

I have seen that done by other consultants as well. If it is indeed a soap product and not a sanitizer, why don't you need to wash your hands off with water?

I'm not sure why but it doesn't leave any residue on your hands. No sticky feeling - in fact, hands feel softer when done.

I don't use gloves either, in fact I bought them but haven't used them except to clean my bathrooms with bleach. I had an open wound from my US&G right on the tip of my finger and that's what my gloves are used for! :D
On a serious note, I do make sure I wash my hands in front of each show using the suds pump and the rosemary soap! They seem fine with it so far! :)

What are the gloves made of?

The gloves are made of a durable, food-grade nitrile material that is safe for handling food and resistant to tears and punctures.

Are the gloves one-size-fits-all?

No, the gloves come in various sizes to ensure a comfortable and secure fit for different hand sizes.

Do the gloves come in different colors?

Yes, the gloves are available in both blue and black options to fit your preference or color-coding needs.

Can the gloves be washed and reused?

While the gloves are technically reusable, we recommend disposing of them after each use to maintain optimal hygiene and food safety standards.

Are these gloves suitable for all types of food handling?

Yes, the gloves are designed for use in all types of food handling, from cooking and baking to serving and cleaning up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emo812
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • nickywsn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
soccermama
Replies