• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giveaways From New Consultant Who Doesnt Have Anything?

new person? I would suggest against giving away free shows. It's a lot of work to put on a show, and then you're also out money. Plus, people tend to order more when their shipping is free. But if your recruiter isn't local, you could borrow a pack of seasonings and rubs from them and replace them when your next order arrives.
lafngirl
I just started and have my kit, but nothing else. I have my first cooking show tomorrow morning (a small brunch party.) I would like to be able to give out something as a door prize or booking prize but need ideas on what I could possibly give out that I can get/print locally and would work even though its not necessarily PC.

Any ideas? suggestions?

TIA-Alissa :)

Depending on when your next show is, you could give your copy of the Season's Best that came with your kit. You can order more today, so you'll have them for your next show if it isn't this weekend!

You can find most of the recipes in there on here or PC.com!

Free shipping!! People absolutely LOVE it!Sandi

You could always add a Season's Best on to the winner's order! or even a citrus peeler or quickcut knife.

Or, even better than free shipping, let them choose a rub. Cheaper than shipping, you'll get commission on it, and it adds to your commissionable sales amount! I NEVER give free shipping. I'd rather have the sales, even if I have to spend the money for it!

I NEVER give free shipping too, first it doesn't add to commisionable sales, and if they want free shipping they will book a show. Free shipping is a huge benefit and I make sure they know that with the booking slide!

When I first started I did coupons, that were redeemed at checkout time and then added a season's best to the order. I did this for door prizes and it seemed to work really well.

As far as booking incentives, I always do a coupon for that too, it gets redeemed at the show, if you give the item before that the show may not hold.

My Director has a policy of 10% of the shows sales, but I normally do 15% OR if I am in need of booking for a particular month, and the host special isn't too expensive (under $20) I tell them I will purchase thier host special for them, when the show is over $550, anything under and I will pick up 1/2 of the price. GOOD luck, and welcome to PC!

Last edited:
Don't forget that your "charter hosts" get a gift from PC in your first 30 days! Make sure you tell them that AT the show and show the flyer!

I have given away free kitchen shows - you mail the invites and pick up the ingredients. You can also throw a SB onto the winner's order. I have never given away free shipping - not worth it to me.

I love the idea of coupons...for future bookings/discount/free rub on order. Thank you guys!! Anyone have any cool looking coupon templates made up already that they are willing to share?

I'm a little confused -- free shipping is WAY less than the cost of a free show and is a write off. People think they have won the lottery and usually order more for some reason when their shipping is free. AND you always have that on hand.Sandi

sandilou said:
I'm a little confused -- free shipping is WAY less than the cost of a free show and is a write off. People think they have won the lottery and usually order more for some reason when their shipping is free. AND you always have that on hand.

Sandi

But..if you give away a free show..if someone was on the fence about hosting then it might push them to a yes..or..sometimes if someone says no..but they win a free show then the no turns into a yes.

also..free show can be written off as well.

sandilou said:
I'm a little confused -- free shipping is WAY less than the cost of a free show and is a write off. People think they have won the lottery and usually order more for some reason when their shipping is free. AND you always have that on hand.

Sandi

Free kitchen shows put bookings on your calendar putting more money in your pocket. Free shipping does not.

Is your recruiter local? My recruiter gave me some things for giveaways at my first show (twixit clips and such). If he/she isn't offering, ask if you can borrow a pack and replace it with your next order? I have also been borrowing seasonings and rubs, and just buying her new ones since I never seem to have just the right one on hand.

sandilou said:

Sandi

A free show is also a write off, and since you're the one doing the food, you dictate what you make. Also, as mentioned before, if you're doing a rub instead (just about the same retail price), you get commission back, and add to your commissionable sales and incentive points.

As part of my "welcome" gift to new consultants, I give them some door prize gifts. A package of QK knives, 3-4 citrus peelers, and some old SB cookbooks.

I also give them a couple packages of recipe cards to hand out to guests at parties.

I really like the idea of the coupons redeemable at checkout.....yes it adds to your commission-able sales...but it also eliminates the guest who come for the free stuff and didnt intend to order. they are less apt to checkout with just the free item....they will for surely order SOMETHING

cookwithmeandpc said:
I really like the idea of the coupons redeemable at checkout.....yes it adds to your commission-able sales...but it also eliminates the guest who come for the free stuff and didnt intend to order. they are less apt to checkout with just the free item....they will for surely order SOMETHING

I always make sure the coupon is for an amount that's slightly random and that there is NOTHING in the catalog for that exact amount. It seems sneaky - but worth it. That helps also eliminate the "only for the free" people. If they order something that cost less than the coupon - that's less out of your pocket. This has never happened to me though - it's always more.

I used to do free shipping (we are overseas & due to military regulations must do direct shipping), but have recently switched to 2 free rubs of their choice. It's gone over well. :D

I don't give a booking incentive, other than the fact that they can earn lots of items on their wish list for free & at a discount ... and that they can help out the current host when she's eligible to get something off their host flyer at 60% off.

I guess it is a matter of how you see it. I give away free shipping because I can do it immediately and not have to keep track of anything and as far as a write off goes, free product or free shipping is a six of one deal. You still only get about a 33% return on it at tax time. And to me that is better than a 20% commission rate. So... Although, if you look at the free product thing, the return could be 53%. So??? I guess I should look at that.

1. How can I participate in the giveaway as a new consultant with no products?

To participate in the giveaway, you can use your personalized Pampered Chef website to share the giveaway with your friends and family. You can also ask your friends and family to host a virtual party for you, which will give you the opportunity to earn free products and credits to use towards the giveaway.

2. Can I use my starter kit products for the giveaway?

Yes, you can use the products from your starter kit for the giveaway. This will not only help you get started with your business, but it will also showcase the quality and versatility of Pampered Chef products to your potential customers.

3. Is there a minimum number of participants required for the giveaway?

No, there is no minimum number of participants required for the giveaway. However, the more people who participate, the better chances you have of reaching more potential customers and growing your business.

4. Can I offer additional incentives or discounts for the giveaway?

Yes, you can offer additional incentives or discounts for the giveaway to make it more appealing to potential customers. This could be in the form of free shipping, a discount on their first purchase, or a free product with their order.

5. How will the giveaway products be shipped to the winner?

The giveaway products will be shipped directly to the winner from Pampered Chef. This ensures a smooth and timely delivery, and also gives the winner the opportunity to experience our exceptional customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JustineG
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • vegetarianwife
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • niccibyrd