• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Leads for Wedding Registry: Beyond David's Bridal

In summary, the author is trying to get business up and running and is considering doing a show, mailing list, or giving away free gifts.
Hi,

Besides getting involved with David's Bridal to get leads for the Wedding Registry, where else do you get leads?

I have had one registry so far, but it flopped. I'm looking to make PC part-time and not full time anymore and want to get into this avenue. I know there are Bridal fairs and engagement notices, but what else?

You could try calling other bridal shops, ring shops, flower shops or photography studios and see if they will let you leave any info there.

have you called people listed in the paper or sent them something?i never thought of that! any thoughts?????/
[email protected]

do papers normally have addresses or how do you contact?

You have to do some research to get their address and then send them something or call.

Has anyone had any luck with mailings or calling listings in the newspaper or online???

I'm slated to do a Bridal Expo this Saturday. The cost is $250, but after reading some of the posts here I'm beginning to get this sick feeling.

I'm trying to get my business up & going. We're military and I don't know a whole lot of people in town, plus I work for a small company so I can't put a lot of time into drumming up leads. I was hoping to come away with a few shows.

They said there would be at least 275+ brides, not including guests so there will be plenty of people there.

What do you all think??

I had a meeting with the manager of a bridal shop this week. We scheduled a day for me to come in and set up a display table in her shop and have some food samples too. It's not costing me anything and I'm hoping I'll get at least a few leads. It's a small shop, but they have brides and highschool girls coming in for prom dresses with their moms, so maybe I'll at least get a few contacts.

Check with any bridal shop, no matter how big or small, tux rental stores, ring shops, florists, DJ's, etc. Anyone who works with weddings. Check the wedding/bridal websites too. You may be able to get a list of expos and shows there.

pchefann said:
Has anyone had any luck with mailings or calling listings in the newspaper or online???

I'm slated to do a Bridal Expo this Saturday. The cost is $250, but after reading some of the posts here I'm beginning to get this sick feeling.

I'm trying to get my business up & going. We're military and I don't know a whole lot of people in town, plus I work for a small company so I can't put a lot of time into drumming up leads. I was hoping to come away with a few shows.

They said there would be at least 275+ brides, not including guests so there will be plenty of people there.

What do you all think??
I think it sounds like it will be a good show, and $250 isn't bad. Let me know if you need any suggestions!

AJPratt said:
I think it sounds like it will be a good show, and $250 isn't bad. Let me know if you need any suggestions!
Any suggestions or pictures would be great!!! We went out of town for New Year's and had car problems on the way home so we were 2 days late getting back home so I didn't get to place a supply order on Monday. I have 125 mini catalogs and about 50 large catalogs.

I emailed to local directors and I tell you, I'm very disappointed that they have not gotten back to me. They both read the email because I received a read receipt. Anyway. (My director is out of town/state) How should I limit who I give my mini's too? I have fliers that I'll have available and business cards. I wanted to use my large catalogs for party packets.

Since I'm 3 shows or $800 short of being qualified, I'm going to focus more on Bridal Showers and then me doing their Bridal Registry. I was going to give a free gift on the spot for anyone who books a shower, party or signs up for a registry. We really can't do door prize slips at the table because they are signing up when they come in the door. But I am doing a gift certificate as my door prize. I thought about giving a $10 off a $50 order coupon for every bride or should it be every person?

Then I thought, since I can't do door prize slips at my table, about having just a list where they can be added to my mailing list.

I need a lot of suggestions.

I would do the mailing list, then you have their email addresses and phone numbers....then you can bug them and try to get them at a different time if they were too busy that day!!

It seems that brides are always interested in new recipes. Offer to send them a recipe booklet via email if they sign up on your mailing list. then you have email addresses also. Then just take some of your favorite recipes and send with some more info. This is also great if you didn't actually get to talk to someone at the show.

Or send them a season's best with other info!

You may want to remember that $10 off a $50 order is 20%. You may instead give a coupon stating you'll give out a gift (be specific) with every shower. If you are giving a gift for booking on the spot do a Season's Best or smtg small b/c you never know if it'll actually happen.

Another great place to get leads are hotels that do weddings. My sister-in-law is the catering manager of a local hotel and I gave her some registry fliers with my info and a catalog that brides can look through. I am hoping to go out and put some more out at other locations. Its just hard with 3 kids and unprofessional. Good luck on your expo pchefann!!!

pchefann said:
Since I'm 3 shows or $800 short of being qualified, I'm going to focus more on Bridal Showers and then me doing their Bridal Registry.
My thought is to not limit yourself. Do both.

pchefann said:
I was going to give a free gift on the spot for anyone who books a shower, party or signs up for a registry. We really can't do door prize slips at the table because they are signing up when they come in the door.
You certainly have to follow the guidelines of the venue. You could always have a stack of products, already wrapped on your table. That would certainly intrigue them. I may try that at my next one.

pchefann said:
But I am doing a gift certificate as my door prize.
I offered a made up $25 cert. And I put on the bottom that they could double the value if they scheduled a show.

pchefann said:
I thought about giving a $10 off a $50 order coupon for every bride or should it be every person?
I would give it to everyone! Don't limit your business to just the brides!

pchefann said:
Then I thought, since I can't do door prize slips at my table, about having just a list where they can be added to my mailing list.
I have a form I use to automatically sign them up for the registry. I tell them that they usually have to do it online, but as a courtesy I will do it for them. I usually walk away with 15 to 20 this way.

Hopefully I helped~

Anne,

Would you mind sharing a copy of the form you have the brides fill out? I have an opportunity next month at a bridal shop and would like to have a form for the brides to fill out so I can register them on my wedding registry. Thanks!

Sure! I got it from someone on this site! Just be sure to change the info at the bottom!

Attachments

• WeddingRegistryRegistrationSheet.doc
    271 KB · Views: 374

1. How can I find potential leads for wedding registries outside of David's Bridal?

There are several methods for finding potential leads for wedding registries outside of David's Bridal. One option is to network with local wedding planners, photographers, and other wedding vendors who can refer clients to you. You can also attend bridal shows or events to connect with engaged couples. Additionally, consider reaching out to local bridal boutiques or venues to see if they offer registry services or if they would be interested in partnering with you.

2. How can I market my registry services to engaged couples?

There are a few ways to market your registry services to engaged couples. Utilize social media platforms like Instagram and Pinterest to showcase your products and services. You can also create targeted ads on Facebook or Google for couples who are recently engaged. Consider offering special promotions or discounts for those who register with you, which can be advertised through your website or email marketing campaigns.

3. What types of products should I offer for wedding registries?

When creating your wedding registry offerings, it's important to have a mix of practical and unique items. Include kitchen essentials like cookware, bakeware, and utensils, as well as items for entertaining such as serving platters and drinkware. It's also a good idea to have a range of price points to accommodate different budgets. Consider offering exclusive or personalized products to make your registry stand out.

4. How can I ensure a smooth and efficient registry process for my clients?

To ensure a smooth and efficient registry process for your clients, it's important to have a user-friendly online platform for them to create and manage their registry. Make sure to clearly communicate any deadlines or policies, such as when items need to be added by or when they will be shipped. It's also helpful to provide excellent customer service and be readily available to answer any questions or concerns.

5. Are there any legal considerations I should be aware of when offering registry services?

Yes, there are a few legal considerations to keep in mind when offering registry services. Make sure to have clear terms and conditions for your registry, including any cancellation or return policies. It's also important to comply with any consumer protection laws and ensure that your website is secure for online transactions. You may want to consult with a lawyer to ensure all legal aspects are covered.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Tams