• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brainstorm Ideas on How to Make the Bridal Registry Work

In summary, the main thing to remember when trying to increase your bridal registry is to make sure you let everyone know you are affiliated with The Pampered Chef. You can also contact the brides to see if they are interested in registering and if they are, to ask for their maid of honor contact information.
AMTC
Gold Member
Okay, I'm getting nervous - due to the fact that I'm going to have a lot on my plate for the next 18 months, I'm really looking to beef up my bridal registries and reading the threads here aren't giving me much hope.:(

So I thought we could share some ideas of what to do to not only get more bridal registries, but to make the ones we do get successful.

One idea I have is to offer a SB to anyone who purchases from the registry and to put a sticker on the back of the registry cards that says -

When you purchase a Pampered Chef gift for the bridal couple you will receive a free Season's Best Recipe Collection. When the bride and groom's registry purchases reach $1000 they'll receive an additional $200 in free product of their choice, 4 half priced items and 30% off any additional purchases. Thankyou for shopping the Pampered Chef Wedding Registry!

I think this might make people more apt to look at the PC registry first, don't you?

Any other ideas??????:confused:

I'd be very careful about indicating they'll receive an SBRC - many people who purchase from the registry don't include their contact info, so you will be unable to send them one, and then they'll get mad at HO for not including it.
I do like your idea to indicate that the bride and groom will get to pick out additional items, though.

I am participating in a bridal expo at the end of Sept and I am looking to really push the registry. My hope is that I can give everyone a flyer with details on it when they leave me their info and then follow up. If you could get in on something like this in your area, imagine the leads you'll be able to get and then use your phone time to follow up!

While Bridal Fairs are a good idea at the outset, I have found after doing three of them, that the brides there are NOT READY for us. They are 1-2 years out from their wedding date and they are not even THINKING about registering. Most of the ~20 registries I have from those fairs have ZERO sales on them.

I had better luck at my last fair getting recruit and show leads. :)

I Agree with DebbieJ, I too have about 15 registries with NO purchasing done on them. Hoping for a positive outcome, but won't know til 2008 is over if its worth it.

DebbieJ said:
While Bridal Fairs are a good idea at the outset, I have found after doing three of them, that the brides there are NOT READY for us.

Are you making any contact with them? I do have a couple of bridal shows booked in the area - but I was given a good piece of info from my friend who owns a bridal salon - don't book too many - you'll see the same brides doing the circuit - so I plan on doing one closer to Boston and one in the Plymouth area, which may draw different brides.

I would think earlier would be the best time to get them to register? I was just looking on The Knot and they have a list of 26 Bridal Registry do's and dont's and one of the first DO's was to register as soon as you become engaged because family and friends may want to buy a gift from your registry for an engagement party, holiday or birthday.

Yes, I have tried contacting all the brides I met and they just aren't interested. Bridal Fairs are far too expensive to get such poor results IMHO.

DebbieJ said:
Yes, I have tried contacting all the brides I met and they just aren't interested. Bridal Fairs are far too expensive to get such poor results IMHO.

So back to the whole point of this thread - does anyone have any suggestions on how to change that and get them interested?

I contact anyone who registers with me and offer my services. Most do not reply but some do. The main thing I tell them is to TELL everyone that they are registered with The Pampered Chef. If the bride points out that she is excited about the line people will get her what she wants.

I also send my brides an i-slice through her registry (even the ones who don't want a contact) with a note congratulating them and saying contact me if I can do anything, want tips, recipes...

When I have a bride very excited about PC and talking with me I ask for her maid of honor contact info so I can discuss her shower. If I get that I discuss the importance of her suggesting ordering PC as their gifts and that if they order early the gifts can be at the shower. We do talk about the PC wedding shower too but I first discuss that with the bride because that would impact the rewards of the registry (but then she WOULD be getting the shower rewards so it's usually okay).

The whole trick is getting the bride to talk to us.

I have found that the brides sometimes give out false information so you can't contact them. They fill out an information card. We start a registry for them and then find out that they didn't give a correct email address. Out of 39 registries that I still have active, only 6 are attempting to do something with their registry. 3 of those came from outside of a bridal show.

Chef Bobby said:
I have found that the brides sometimes give out false information so you can't contact them. They fill out an information card. We start a registry for them and then find out that they didn't give a correct email address.

Wow! I don't even know why that would be necessary - if they opt out - we don't contact them. I guess that's a good tip - I'll want to make sure I explain that to them -

1. How can I make my bridal registry stand out to my guests?

One way to make your bridal registry more appealing to your guests is to personalize it. Include items that reflect your interests and style as a couple. You can also add a note explaining why certain items are important to you, which can make the registry more meaningful to your guests.

2. What are some unique items I can add to my bridal registry?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of unique and high-quality kitchen and cooking products that are perfect for a bridal registry. Some popular items include our Quick Cooker, Deluxe Air Fryer, and Deluxe Cooking Blender. You can also add fun and useful kitchen gadgets like our Garlic Press or Mix 'N Chop.

3. How can I keep track of what has been purchased from my registry?

Pampered Chef has a convenient online tool that allows you to easily track what has been purchased from your registry. Simply log in to your account and view your registry dashboard to see what items have been purchased and by whom.

4. Can I add items to my registry after it has been created?

Yes, you can add items to your bridal registry at any time. Simply log in to your account and select "Add Items" to browse and add new products. You can also delete or modify items as needed.

5. What if I receive duplicates of an item from my registry?

If you receive duplicates of an item from your registry, Pampered Chef offers a hassle-free return and exchange policy. Simply contact our customer service team and they will assist you with returning or exchanging the item for something else on your registry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dyanna
  • chanddl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies