• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Wedding at a Sorority: A Guide

In summary, many sorority houses offer event spaces for rent, including for weddings. It is recommended to book your wedding at least 6-12 months in advance. Each sorority may have their own restrictions on decorations, food, and alcohol. It's important to check with the sorority and be considerate of noise restrictions if the sorority is located in a residential area.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I worked a Girl Scout event last weekend and had a sorority group near me teaching a class. I asked them about what percentage of girls get engaged and/or married while in college. They said quite a few. I asked how I could best advertise the PC wedding registry and bridal shower at a sorority. They said that different people/businesses come to talk to them after sone of their meetings. They said I should arrange something with the president. I figured a good way to get their attention would be to pamper them with some treats.

Great idea! I'm currently a college student and VP of a sorority. We are working on a fundraiser right now. I've had my sisters all ask friends and family if they'd like to order and pass around catalogs or direct them to my website. It's definitely a good idea to talk about the registry, but don't forget that a fundraiser is always an option as well!! Also mention the business opportunity--I recruited one of my sorority sisters to sell PC and she just closed a $2,000 show!!! wooohooo!!! Sometimes college students make the best consultants! :)

One year I dropped off the HWC flyers at a sorority that has pink as one of its colors. The pink items are another tie-in to sororities. Not that I got any biz from it... It's the personal contact that will make all of the difference.

Related to Planning a Wedding at a Sorority: A Guide

1. Can I have my wedding at a sorority house?

Yes, many sorority houses offer event spaces for rent, including for weddings. However, availability and specific rules may vary by sorority, so it's important to contact the sorority directly to inquire about hosting your wedding there.

2. How far in advance should I book my wedding at a sorority?

It's recommended to book your wedding at a sorority at least 6-12 months in advance. This will give you enough time to secure your desired date and make any necessary arrangements with the sorority.

3. Are there any restrictions on decorations for a sorority wedding?

Each sorority may have their own specific rules and restrictions for decorations. Some may allow you to bring in your own decorations, while others may have decorations already provided for you. It's important to discuss this with the sorority and adhere to their guidelines.

4. Can I have food and alcohol at my wedding at a sorority?

Some sororities may allow you to bring in outside catering for your wedding, while others may have their own catering options. As for alcohol, it's important to check with the sorority and follow any rules or regulations they have in place.

5. Are there any noise restrictions for a sorority wedding?

Many sororities are located in residential areas, so there may be noise restrictions in place. It's important to discuss this with the sorority and be considerate of the surrounding neighborhood when planning your wedding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies