1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser Fundraiser with Gift Certificates

1. avelissar

avelissar Member

Hey,

This is my first fundraiser and I am thinking of doing it completely with gift certificates. I want to make sure my understanding is correct. The participants can sell the gift certifcates in $20 + $5 increments. There is no tax or S&H. HO will mail the gift certificates directly to the gift card recipient.

Is this correct?

If we do allow them to purchase product - is it S&H $4.25 + tax? And then the chairperson is required to pass out products?

Thanks!

Andrea

Apr 18, 2009
  2. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

I'll try to answer your questions, Andrea.

As far as the gift certificates from PC are concerned, they are $20 each plus $5 increments, no sales tax and no s & h. You order them according to the denomination. HO will mail the gift certificates to the recipient (if listed, if not the buyer) with the current catalog. The recipient can only redeem them through PC and not through you, a show or individual order on your website. Therefore you only get commission on the sale of the gift certificates and not anything more if they purchase more at the time they redeem the gift certificate(s).

At the fundraiser if you choose to let them order products (beneficial to all) the shipping is $4.25 if it goes to the chairperson to distribute (like a cooking show) plus tax if applicable in your area or they can pay direct ship prices (see back of receipt for amount) based on the sale.

I hope this helps you out. Good luck!

Have something to add?