• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Commission Question...

In summary, fundraisers allow consultants to earn a commission of 15% for sales under $15,000 and 17% for sales over $15,000 in their career. These sales also count towards monthly sales and can increase other commissions. However, some consultants feel that the commission percentage could be higher, especially for fundraisers where they are donating their commission to a cause. There is also the option to hold a fundraiser as a regular show, which could potentially earn a higher commission. The current fundraiser commission rate may be a trial and could potentially be increased in the future.
lisatx04
When it comes to fundraisers, we make commission on them, don't we? Does the commission vary, or is it the same? If you can, please tell me what it is. Thanks.

Lisa

15% if you haven't done $15000 in career sales and 17% if you are over the $15000 in career sales.

But fundraisers do count toward your monthly sales, so they can push your other commissions for the month up a level or two. :)

chefann said:
But fundraisers do count toward your monthly sales, so they can push your other commissions for the month up a level or two. :)

That is one of the better features of having other shows besides a fundraiser in the same month!

The commission does irk me a bit, but I guess it wouldn't irk me as much if the %age for the organization were better (because then I'd feel like organizations would be willing to really put forth more effort, and I'd have to do a little less...). I know this has been discussed before, but I won't do a fund-raiser unless it's a cause I'm involved in and am willing to put my commission toward. Otherwise, I just feel like our 15% isn't competitive. I am thrilled, however, about the HWC fundraisers going up to 25%! Very cool!

fundraiser commissionI agree...right now I have the fundraiser in progress for my friend's 13 year old daughter who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I have over 240 people each collecting orders..it could turn out to be big!!! And no one really had to approve the fundraiser because I just decided I wanted to do this for her and her family...and everyone jumped in, and the 3 elementary schools and middle school all let me send out info about it...then they responded to me with a slip if they wanted a packet. I am giving my commission (only taking out the catalog expenses and any other little expenses. We'll see how it goes...orders are due after spring break

I think that the %'s are really too low. After all, if I placed the order as a show, I could give them my commission and that would be pretty close to 15% + my commission of 17%, which is only 32%. Even if I only have 25% commission in a month, that's 7% more. Okay...so am I to believe that equals the cost of the products that are earned by the host? Just seems that fundraisers should give as much or more than a consultant and host would earn from a "normal" show.Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I've just thought of this a lot lately b/c I do a lot of fundraising, but it's mostly donating my commission from different booths. Like you said, it has to be something that I personally want to support.

I agree...I have even thought of doing this big fundraiser as a regular cooking show and then getting the Free stuff and giving it to the family and we would raffle off all the stuff with big baskets and another event we are doing...If realistically I could generate $15,000 in sales that would give us a whole lot of free products to raffle off!!!! If I figured it out right...that would be $4,715 in FREE product.... I would be making 30% commission as a director to donate back to them or whatever I decide to give back!!!!!

Yes, I've heard of making baskets with the free stuff to do a silent auction or something with. That WOULD be a big show. Wonder if PC would question it. Maybe they'd get the point! Even 5-10% more would make a BIG difference.

I think we have that choice of doing that! Making it a fundraiser or show...since I had a kick off for it and all!!! Maybe PC is "trying" out the fundraiser rate by doing it the way they are right now with the HWC fundraisers. That would be great if they incorporated it into all fundraisers...the bigger the fundraiser the more the org. gets...not just the 10% or 15%
We'll have to wait and see

karlene said:
I agree...right now I have the fundraiser in progress for my friend's 13 year old daughter who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I have over 240 people each collecting orders..it could turn out to be big!!! And no one really had to approve the fundraiser because I just decided I wanted to do this for her and her family...and everyone jumped in, and the 3 elementary schools and middle school all let me send out info about it...then they responded to me with a slip if they wanted a packet. I am giving my commission (only taking out the catalog expenses and any other little expenses. We'll see how it goes...orders are due after spring break

Karlene,

Can you tell me what all you did to get the fundraiser for your friend's daughter going? I had just decided today that I was going to do the same type of thing. Our friend's 3 year old son had a cancerous brain tumor called Medulloblastoma that he had removed but he is just now starting chemo and radiation to prevent regrowth. It is all under a clinical trial and the insurance company doesn't cover clinical trials so I wanted to help and was donating all but like 5% of my commission (to cover my costs, etc.). I talked with his dad about it and had even thought about doing a "kids' show and let the little boy have all his buddies there and they could cook and make a mess and hopefully parents would help the cause. My main question is how do I get this going? E-mail strangers? Get his parents to help? (I know they are busy with him right now) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated by you or anyone!!! Thanks!

Related to Fundraiser Commission Question...

What is the commission rate for fundraiser events?

The commission rate for fundraiser events is 10% of the total sales. This means that for every $100 in sales, the fundraiser will receive $10 as commission.

How often are fundraiser commissions paid out?

Fundraiser commissions are paid out once a month, typically within 30 days after the event. The exact date may vary depending on the payment processing schedule.

Is there a minimum sales requirement for receiving commission?

Yes, there is a minimum sales requirement of $200 in order to receive commission for a fundraiser event. If the total sales do not reach $200, no commission will be paid out.

Can multiple fundraisers be combined to reach the minimum sales requirement?

Yes, multiple fundraisers can be combined to reach the minimum sales requirement. However, all fundraisers must be under the same organization and be submitted together for commission to be paid out.

Are there any restrictions on how the fundraiser commission can be used?

No, there are no restrictions on how the fundraiser commission can be used. The organization can use the funds for any purpose they see fit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • lmradlein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lmradlein
  • KYCHEF