• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser Checks (Kinda Long, Sorry)

In summary, someone in an organization had trouble cashing a check that was given to the treasurer to apply towards her daughter's account. However, the treasurer decided to cash the check instead of depositing it due to a potential issue with the bank. The issue was resolved with the help of the A/P supervisor and the president of the company, but it caused some concern for the person who was working with the fundraiser. Some individuals mentioned that they also have a habit of holding onto checks for a period of time before giving them to the organization.
hoosierchef
Has anyone had an organization that had trouble cashing a check? Apparently my chairperson gave the check to the organizations treasurer to apply towards her daughters account. The treasurer was out running errands and decided that since the check was drawn on a Chase Bank, she would just cash the check and apply the money instead of doing it as a check. Well, good thing she did. The bank said the check couldn't be cashed! :eek: Apparently HO releases the checks before they record them and release the funds for them! I can only imagine what problems would have occurred had the organization deposited the check and it got rejected instead! Can you imagine the NSF fees? All for a $43 check!!

Anywho. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I apologized profusely and HO seemed to be pretty helpful to them. Here is an email she sent me today......I about died when she said she called and left a VM on the presidents line! :eek: :p

"Supposedly the check issue is taken care of the A/P supervisor called me this morning and said that it should be all fixed I told her that I will let her know if there is an issue when they try to cash again. She said this is the first time in 8 years that she has been there that they have ever had this happen. I told her that you were working with someone else on a fund-raiser and that I hoped that this was the one and only time this issue happens. She was very nice and told me to call her after the check gets cashed or if there is a problem so they can notify their bank in Chicago of the issue. I told her and the president of the Company that you have been GREAT!!! But I was not sure that I could back pampered chef like I had done in the past especially since all this took place over $40 and not hundreds or thousands. I called and left vmx on the presidents line last night after Cheryl said everything was OK. The A/P super told me that she was working on the issue after that until 8 pm last night. I told them that if Indy had put this into there account and then got it back as NSF due to payment denied I would have been a whole lot more upset I guess I am glad the person was smart enough to go to the bank to cash it instead.
Thanks for all your help once again you’re GREAT!!!
Hope you have a good day!!!
Thanks
Shelley"

Weird. Very weird. I've not had any problems but the fundraisers I've done I had the checks come to me and then waited a over a week before remembering to give them to the organization. Who knew my procrastination might be a good thing.

Same with me.. The check came to my house and it took me a little bit to get it to them:p

Thanks for the heads up! I will just "forget" for a week or so!!!

I do a lot of fundraiser but have never run across this problem but my people have to send the check in to get processed so that takes a little extra time.

Related to Fundraiser Checks (Kinda Long, Sorry)

1. How do I receive my fundraiser check?

Fundraiser checks are typically sent directly to the fundraising organizer or designated recipient. You can expect to receive the check within 3-4 weeks after the close of your fundraiser.

2. Can I choose to have the fundraiser check sent to a different address?

Yes, you can choose to have the fundraiser check sent to a different address if you notify your Pampered Chef consultant or the fundraising coordinator before the check is processed. Please note that the check can only be sent to one address.

3. What happens if my fundraiser check gets lost in the mail?

In the rare event that your fundraiser check gets lost in the mail, please contact your Pampered Chef consultant or the fundraising coordinator. They will work with our accounting team to issue a replacement check.

4. Are fundraiser checks taxable?

Fundraiser checks are considered taxable income and you may be responsible for reporting it on your taxes. It is recommended to consult with a tax professional for specific guidance regarding your situation.

5. Can I use my fundraiser check to purchase products for my own use?

Fundraiser checks are intended to be used toward the purchase of Pampered Chef products and cannot be redeemed for cash or used to pay for taxes, shipping, or handling fees. However, you are welcome to use the check to purchase products for your own use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jesusluvsu2005
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • SVanHout
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • barbara_anne